Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-06-2021, 11:47 PM   #2721
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Last edited by Scorch; 01-08-2021 at 01:57 AM.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2021, 01:40 PM   #2722
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
What is AEW evsn doing great right now though? I think both are in the same spot
I think Kenny is doing great heel work at the moment. That said, I'm pretty lukewarm on this Bullet Club reunion unless they can somehow link it to NJPW and make it like a "worldwide takeover" type thing.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:44 PM   #2723
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Take back everything I said about the impact link being useless

Because Khan and AEW showed how all they have to do is give people what they want

That ending last night was elite, whole show was excellent but what an ending.

Has to lead to BC vs Hangman and the Dark Order too right? But Mox has to be there some where too

People were begging Vince and WWE for this when they had Gallows, Anderson, AJ, and Finn and they refused. Which shows the difference between the two companies and I dont think one way is always right either, but in WWE if it's not our idea it sucks, whereas in AEW if it's something the fans would love then we dont care where it's from

Interesting that after WK, Jay White said hes done with NJPW too, wonder if they link this somehow too
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2021, 08:34 PM   #2724
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Watched the broken skull session with Bayley tonight. Its an interesting story, they focused mostly around her heel turn and her work with Sasha. The heel turn came from real life as Bayley was frustrated and felt forgotten as the unknown member of the Four Horsewoman. Her early stuff in FCW was facinating as Dusty and the Producers really struggled to find her character because she didn't even know who she was except a girl who loved wrestling, and its tough to watch her breaking down and crying out of frustration when they asked her "What would you be if your wrestling journey ended today, who are you?"

Steve Austin is one of the best interviewers in the business.

AS a BTW, the talking smack stuff between Kayla Braxton and Paul Heyman is amazing, and you can just see her growing in leaps and bounds because of him.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #2725
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

McIntyre is covid possible and taken off of TV

Old 01-12-2021, 07:01 AM   #2726
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
McIntyre is covid possible and taken off of TV
Yeah and they need to be careful with his Rumble match because Goldberg is in the age category that is most at risk with Covid
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:07 AM   #2727
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think they're setting up a panic Orton either fiend or HHH matchup after last nights raw where HHH came out to beat up Orton for disrespecting senior citizens and then Bliss blew Orton's face off with a level 99 fireball.

Old 01-12-2021, 12:14 PM   #2728
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
I think they're setting up a panic Orton either fiend or HHH matchup after last nights raw where HHH came out to beat up Orton for disrespecting senior citizens and then Bliss blew Orton's face off with a level 99 fireball.
Reading this makes me glad I'm not tuned into WWE anymore. No offense to you or the script writers, but that sounds terrible.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 12:27 PM   #2729
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Alexa in a lot of ways makes some of the bad script writing bearable, she's so good at the character and selling stuff. I thought the fire ball stuff was cool.

I'm still not on side with the cinematic match stuff, this isn't supposed to be net flix, and wrestling needs to have some spontaneity to it.

Right now its why I fast forward through Raw and Smackdown, still like the booking style of NXT. To be honest I checked out on AEW a while ago. First of all, because I don't need to invest like 10 hours a week to wrestling. Second of all, AEW booking at times seems too WCW inside joke booking for its own good.

And no, I take no offense man, you should know that by now.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:25 PM   #2730
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think of all the NA promotions, AEW needs fans back the most. They're booked for fanservice, and that's fine, but it's hard to get the feedback you need to do fanservice properly without a live audience. Social media can only do so much.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:35 AM   #2731
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I highly encourage all wrestling fans, at some point in their life, to go to Japan during that first week in January for Wrestle Kingdom and all the other Japanese shows. As a wrestling fan, it's really awesome and there's nothing quite like it. You can see NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, DDT, Stardom, etc. all within hours of each other, and fans from all over the world are there and you're all there for the same reason. Great times.

Hell, we should organize a CP-wrestling fan group to go one week, haha!
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 12:15 AM   #2732
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Super fun episode of Dynamite tonight. Darby/Cage and PAC/Kingston were great. The only bad part was the awkward Thunder Rosa interview that interrupted Britt Baker's talk show. Just seemed like a botched editing job or something.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 12:23 PM   #2733
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still can't get over the awakwardness from last weeks' Raw when Goldberg confronted McIntyre in the ring, and told him he didn't like McIntyre disrespecting all the legends.

It was so awkward, because that never actually happened. It was like a fart in a library.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 01:01 PM   #2734
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I still can't get over the awakwardness from last weeks' Raw when Goldberg confronted McIntyre in the ring, and told him he didn't like McIntyre disrespecting all the legends.

It was so awkward, because that never actually happened. It was like a fart in a library.
Yeah, that's just laziness on Goldberg's part to go by the script rather than think of something because of the last minute change. He could have said something like "I don't think you respect the legends" and it would have made more sense. I thought at first I wasn't paying attention and missed the part Drew was disrespecting them.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:04 PM   #2735
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Makes even less sense since Drew is a face
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:38 PM   #2736
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Makes even less sense because I don't think anyone really wants to see Goldberg in the ring again, his last few matches have been like -10 star bad and he almost killed the Undertaker.

And a short match doesn't make sense unless he wins again.

This is the problem right now with the Raw and even the Smackdown roster, the mid card and even the lower card are pretty stacked. The upper card is bad and they can't seem to elevate anyone.

Old 01-17-2021, 04:35 AM   #2737
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

So there has to be an NJPW tie-in coming soon, right? Can't see merch like this getting approved without their consent.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1350646782418710531
Old 01-25-2021, 09:59 AM   #2738
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Looks like WWE Network is ending as a standalone and moving over to Peacock in a deal worth a billion dollars.

Old 01-25-2021, 12:32 PM   #2739
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Looks like WWE Network is ending as a standalone and moving over to Peacock in a deal worth a billion dollars.
Interesting. Apparently it will be available on Peacock, with ads, for $4.99 which is actually cheaper.

How would ads work for live events? Seems like you either have ads, or you don't.

Also this only impacts the US.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:49 PM   #2740
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Interesting. Apparently it will be available on Peacock, with ads, for $4.99 which is actually cheaper.

How would ads work for live events? Seems like you either have ads, or you don't.

Also this only impacts the US.
how? picture in picture, banner ads, mandated NBC sponsor promotions which WWE is no stranger to

what is going to be interesting is how NBC is going to deal with the mentioning of Fox on their Smackdown broadcasts
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote