Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon33 BOOOOOOMMM...Habs blow up team amid losing skid

Enough is enough....a long drawn out losing skid combined with working from home during a school snow day led the Habs reconstruction of their team.

All in all the Habs made 4 deals in a two hour span, or as the Avs call it a busy season of trading.

The first deal was one I was debating offering from the start of the season, but have held off. I said that this year I would not invest cap space into the goalie position. So much for that. The Habs sent Juuse Saros to the Stars for superstar Carey Price.

The next deal came shortly after. The Habs sent out two players they wanted to keep in PL Dubios and Brady Tkachuk. Conner Mcdavid and Tyler Johnson come to Montreal. We love Tkachuk and especially Dubois, but in reality I think the characteristics that make them the players they are, are not sim attributes. We are hoping McDavid can keep up his stellar play from his time with the Ducks.

After acquiring goaltending and scoring the next deal was made to shore up the D. Alex Debrincat and Cam Fowler were sent to Columbus for Morgan Rielly and Nazim Kadri. The Habs also sent out promising newly drafted prospects Brock Faber and Juni Jurmo. We feel that Debrincat, Reilly and Fowler are all bounce back candidates, but we like what Rielly brings to the table.

The final deal will see Kadri hop back on the plane as soon as he arrives and take Craig Smith to Pittsburgh with him. Coming back to Montreal is Brendan Gallagher and Brock Mcginn.

Having Eichel and Mcdavid will likely backfire horribly, but I didnt think it could get any worse, so I blew things up proper. Thanks to all 4 GMs for the quick and easy deals. We shall see how these will turn out.

Goffie is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Goffie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2020, 04:12 PM   #2
BagoPucks
First Line Centre

Exp:

Love the returns for MTL. Might as well load up in a weak conference.
BagoPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BagoPucks For This Useful Post: