Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-19-2019, 12:48 PM   #21
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone know what the acquisition cost of Ristolainen might actually be? Since he has asked for a trade it may have gone down, and they would need a defenseman in return.

Brodie and Jankowski and.... ? (Considering the value of those two are around a 1st and 2 2nds, for the uses of this particular question)
Old 09-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #22
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Does anyone know what the acquisition cost of Ristolainen might actually be? Since he has asked for a trade it may have gone down, and they would need a defenseman in return.

Brodie and Jankowski and.... ? (Considering the value of those two are around a 1st and 2 2nds, for the uses of this particular question)
No more dealing picks. Need to restock. Ristolainen is quite overrated here since he lit up the Flames for a Hat trick. He needs to be sheltered with O zone starts as he is not great in his own end.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2019, 02:17 PM   #23
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
If you're the Jets, you hope someone throws an offer sheet at Laine. You take the picks, use the space to sign Connor and move on. Laine's inconsistent one-dimensional play isn't worth the problems his large contract brings.
I agree. If some team was crazy enough to give up 4 1st round picks to offersheet Laine, if I were the Jets, I'd take it and let Laine walk. With their draft history, that could continue to set the team up for long term success. The reality with the Jets is, that's their only way to be successful. They're not attracting many free agents.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:12 PM   #24
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the ask will be too high on ristolainen for what he currently is, but IMO a future risto-valimaki pair would probably be fantastic.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:22 PM   #25
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

This was interesting. I wonder if something like this is being thought of for the new arena?

Maybe utilizing the Zamboni gate?

Quote:
28. The Sea Dogs are trying something interesting with their arena, newly christened as TD Station. Behind one of the nets, they took out a section of seats, creating a standing-room “lounge area” for people to mingle and watch the game. This is a growing phenomenon at all levels in North America. Don’t be surprised to see new arenas/stadia across North America built with this kind of setup, or if current ones rip out seating to try this, too. The theory is that younger fans would rather watch games this way than sit in one place the entire night. In Saint John, fans can get into that section free with a ticket to the game. Food/drinks are extra.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boreal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2019, 08:27 PM   #26
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobles_point View Post
This was interesting. I wonder if something like this is being thought of for the new arena?

Seems like a huge waste of potential premium seat money
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tyler For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2019, 08:31 PM   #27
BurningSteel
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
The only GM who'd be stupid enough to take some of Vancouver's garbage is the GM trying to trade them away
or Edmonton.
BurningSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:17 PM   #28
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The Moose did this with Winnipeg Arena 20 years ago!
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:36 PM   #29
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

They already do something very similar at the Brandt Center here in Regina, for the Pat's. It's a whole section in the bottom bowl that has a raised bar and standing room, similar to an ice level box. Then around the bottom by the glass, bar seats with tables for those same people wanting to eat.

I haven't ever sat there, but it seems like a fun group area

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:34 AM   #30
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't realize Tyson's barries dad was THAT Len Barrie.

Poor kid...
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:16 AM   #31
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://v2.cfjctoday.com/article/637...sandman-centre

The loge seating at the Sandman Centre in Kamloops is cool. The company I work for has a table this season. birds eye view, drink service, room to mingle. Its a fun way to enjoy a game.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:19 AM   #32
Flamesguy_SJ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

They introduced the Ice Bar a couple of seasons ago when the Sea Dogs were pretty terrible. I believe the thinking was that they weren't getting very big crowds anyway, so the loss of potential seating didn't have much of an impact, and made the "fan experience" a little better. And I will say that it is a pretty fun way of watching a game live. It's a nice combo of pub atmosphere right in the rink.
Flamesguy_SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:27 AM   #33
TimSJ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesguy_SJ View Post
They introduced the Ice Bar a couple of seasons ago when the Sea Dogs were pretty terrible. I believe the thinking was that they weren't getting very big crowds anyway, so the loss of potential seating didn't have much of an impact, and made the "fan experience" a little better. And I will say that it is a pretty fun way of watching a game live. It's a nice combo of pub atmosphere right in the rink.
i think the ice bar has been a great addition. For a Friday or Saturday game it gets pretty packed and is a good atmosphere.

TimSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TimSJ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 07:38 AM   #34
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm pretty sure that there are upper areas in T-Mobil that are bar/milling around spots with a view of the ice.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:12 AM   #35
---Hatrick---
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I'm pretty sure that there are upper areas in T-Mobil that are bar/milling around spots with a view of the ice.
This is true. However, the ticket was still 90US$ and because it was quite packed up there, if you didn’t arrive early you didn’t get a prime standing spot right up against the railing and were forced to stand behind a number of people trying to view the game over their heads.
It was neat though as Brad May does his intermission shows up their so you get to experience that