Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #221
Gallick
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I don't think he will, he's just too big. There's former players that are still in decent shape, former players that are in poor shape but passable to skate and some are just simply too big and out of physical activity to the point where it would just be too tough/embarrassing to lace them up. I think Papa Tkachuk is at that point.
Maybe it's just my dad who's still mad about it, but Keith is also not terribly popular with Jets fans for being one the of the last financial nails in the coffin of the original team after he signed a large offer sheet from Chicago.
Gallick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:32 PM   #222
TheRealPepman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
the classic striping is a recurring graphic element in a lot of their branding now.

Yup.
TheRealPepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:51 PM   #223
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Nieuwy with the classic kit, Cooper lid, Sherwood mitts and stick.

The "How'd ya like a 'Sherwood Sandwich?'" Era. Classic chirp.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2019, 10:02 PM   #224
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

The classic striping is so perfect for the Flames. It's the striping you find on a lot of cities' fire trucks.

Sidney Crosby's Hat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney Crosby's Hat For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2019, 10:22 PM   #225
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
The classic striping is so perfect for the Flames. It's the striping you find on a lot of cities' fire trucks.
#Flamesnation
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2019, 11:15 PM   #226
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

NY reppin Monny!

(no, I don’t care about reality)
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:45 AM   #227
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I don't think he will, he's just too big. There's former players that are still in decent shape, former players that are in poor shape but passable to skate and some are just simply too big and out of physical activity to the point where it would just be too tough/embarrassing to lace them up. I think Papa Tkachuk is at that point.
Papa Tkachuk is going to be looking for you in the Dome hallways
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:14 AM   #228
Domoic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
The inspiration for the original Atlanta Flames striping was taken directly from FDNY firetrucks.
Domoic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Domoic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #229
The Last Jedi
Lifetime Suspension

Nice jersey for a special event game but no to full time. It’s pretty silly to see so many Flames fans laugh at Deadmonton and the Coilers for living in the past then pine to join them.

Current restyling jerseys should have dropped the flags as they were only supposed to be there for a single season to celebrate 100 years of Hickey Alberts. Going “retro” full time is a cash grab at a fad. Judging by the number of current Tetris seen I. The Dome the majority of fans have already spoken as well. Just a vocal minority’s of people with some hypocritical takes. Middle-aged men pinning for their youth again.
The Last Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #230
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Jedi View Post
Nice jersey for a special event game but no to full time. It’s pretty silly to see so many Flames fans laugh at Deadmonton and the Coilers for living in the past then pine to join them.

Current restyling jerseys should have dropped the flags as they were only supposed to be there for a single season to celebrate 100 years of Hickey Alberts. Going “retro” full time is a cash grab at a fad. Judging by the number of current Tetris seen I. The Dome the majority of fans have already spoken as well. Just a vocal minority’s of people with some hypocritical takes. Middle-aged men pinning for their youth again.
So much wrong in this

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to calgaryred For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 10:45 AM   #231
the-rasta-masta
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Sometimes originals are so good they never needed to be added to or changed. Unless you preferred Phantom Menace to Empire Strikes Back?
the-rasta-masta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the-rasta-masta For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 10:56 AM   #232
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just think the Flames brand would be so much stronger overall if the team had retro home, retro away and as a third, a really nice red jersey with a black C.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sidney Crosby's Hat For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 05:17 PM   #233
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #234
Dube
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

2004 jersey was very nice
Dube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 05:27 PM   #235
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I am sorry, I never like to rag on a post, or even a poster for that matter, but this post is horrible. Just like the last Jedi was. I don't even want to start with the state of Star Wars.

Our retro jerseys are iconic, clean, and just plain sexy. I like new designs, but will always have a special place in my heart for retro jerseys. Currently, that is the only sweater we have actually won a championship in.
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #236
The Last Jedi
Lifetime Suspension

Everyone is free to have their own opinion. Doesn’t change the hypocrisy shown in slagging the Coilers then lining for the past.

And doesn’t change that a jersey designed in the early 70’s being brought back isn’t anything but playing to the nostalgia factor of middle-aged fans with disposable income.

I feel the Flames should move forward but $$ talks so retros will be the New Jersey style for the second decade of the 21st century. I’ll be over them after 2 periods of play.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:33 PM   #237
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can only think a user with the username The Last Jedi, a movie made to troll its own fans, is in fact a troll.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:38 PM   #238
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:
lanny

Quote:
Everyone is free to have their own opinion. Doesn’t change the hypocrisy shown in slagging the Coilers then lining for the past.

And doesn’t change that a jersey designed in the early 70’s being brought back isn’t anything but playing to the nostalgia factor of middle-aged fans with disposable income.

I feel the Flames should move forward but $$ talks so retros will be the New Jersey style for the second decade of the 21st century. I’ll be over them after 2 periods of play.
Why so agest?

Yes, they make these jerseys to sell them. The jersey is reflective of the best years in Calgary history. Lots of people will buy them. How is this a bad plan?

Finally - the Oilers are made fun of because their laser tag jersey is horrible, and E=NG.

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:53 PM   #239
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was sticking up for Ricardo in another thread, but at least he's a long-time poster and has the credibility that comes with that.

What's with the obvious JONG troll just strolling through?
Give me a break.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:11 PM   #240
The Last Jedi
Lifetime Suspension

What a warm and welcoming place this is. Far from a troll but keep on hating and thinking you are better than others. I live in the now not the early 70’s. And Star Wars is exactly what it should be despite what, again, middle-aged people on the internet want to proclaim it is.