Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-18-2020, 03:33 PM   #6701
GirlySports
NOT breaking news
 
GirlySports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Not saying it reduced Obama's votes but inspite of that, Romney couldn't get more enthusiastic turnout to vote for him, it just flatlined.
__________________
Watching the Oilers defend is like watching fire engines frantically rushing to the wrong fire

GirlySports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:19 PM   #6702
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player
 
afc wimbledon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: east van
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Less is probably more for Biden at this point. The fewer chances he has to screw it up, the better.
the few speech's I have heard Biden give these days have all been pitch perfect knock em out of the park plea's for a positive better America, it is quite specifically as good as you get against an angry manchild buffoon like Trump, almost no substance, just a evocation of the best of Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton and Obama's speeches, who ever is putting them together is a genius at making Biden sound a bit like all the best Presidents of better times wrapped into one, they aren't so much inspiring as comforting, 'vote for me and the world wont be as scary and dark a place'
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2020, 07:09 PM   #6703
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player
 
Cali Panthers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post


We'll also add some important Senate races as they provide interesting context to possible swings in given states and should help normalize expectations from some of the polling.

Arizona - Kelly (D) vs McSally (R)* - Kelly +8.3, +10, +6.2
North Carolina - Cunningham (D) vs Tillis (R)* - +4.3, +3.8, +3
Michigan - Peters (D)* vs James (R) - Peters +4.9, +6.3, +6.4
Maine - Gideon (D) vs Collins (R)* - Gideon +4.2, +4.2, +3
Iowa - Greenfield (D) vs Ernst (R)* - Greenfield +4.8, +2.8, +.7
Montana - Bullock (D) vs Daines (R)* - Daines +3.3, +2, +3.4
Colorado - Hickenlooper (D) vs Gardner (R)* - Hickenlooper +9, +5, +7.1
Minnesota - Smith (D)* vs Lewis (R) - Smith +8.3, +10, +12.6
Georgia - Ossoff (D) vs Perdue (R)* - Perdue +1, +1.5, +3
Alabama - Jones (D)* vs Tuberville (R) - Tuberville +10, +15, +5
Texas - Hegar (D) vs Cornyn (R)* - Cornyn +7.6, +6, +7.6

South Carolina - Harrison (D) vs Graham (R)* - +6, +3.3, +5.6

Senate projection - Republican 49 vs Democrat - 51
Who's in the lead on these ones? Is it back and forth?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
If we can't fall in love with replaceable bottom 6 players then the terrorists have won.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:28 PM   #6704
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player
 
afc wimbledon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: east van
Exp:
Default

so I am now getting up to 12 emails a day from Donny boy and his crew of numpties, up from 5 a day a few months ago, they have an increasingly desperate tone to them as well, well half of them are the other 6 or 7 are attempts to sell me limited edition Trump merch so the fat boy has some bug out cash for his dacha in Sochi
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2020, 07:36 PM   #6705
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer
 
troutman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winebar Kensington
Exp:
Default

https://en.leadingcourses.com/europe+russia/city=sochi/

Quote:
There are no golf clubs near Sochi.
__________________
http://navigator.law
http://cjsw.com/program/fossil-records/
twitter/instagram @troutman1966
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2020, 07:55 PM   #6706
New Era
Lanny or not Lanny?
 
New Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Who's in the lead on these ones? Is it back and forth?
Cunningham and Graham respectively.
New Era is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to New Era For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2020, 08:54 PM   #6707
JR449
Farm Team Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
the few speech's I have heard Biden give these days have all been pitch perfect knock em out of the park plea's for a positive better America, it is quite specifically as good as you get against an angry manchild buffoon like Trump, almost no substance, just a evocation of the best of Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton and Obama's speeches, who ever is putting them together is a genius at making Biden sound a bit like all the best Presidents of better times wrapped into one, they aren't so much inspiring as comforting, 'vote for me and the world wont be as scary and dark a place'
Heard from a bird he has Obamas former speech writer...... So yeah he has a decent crew....
JR449 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JR449 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2020, 09:00 PM   #6708
dash_pinched
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maple Bay, B.C.
Exp:
Default

https://twitter.com/user/status/1317982424421310466
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:14 AM   #6709
Snuffleupagus
First Line Centre
 
Snuffleupagus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Cunningham and Graham respectively.
Amazing how stupid South Carolinians are, how in hell can one vote for a clear kneepad wearing hypocrite is beyond me.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 02:40 AM   #6710
Oil Stain
Franchise Player
 
Oil Stain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Amazing how stupid South Carolinians are, how in hell can one vote for a clear kneepad wearing hypocrite is beyond me.
I don't know how you could vote for Graham over Harrison.

It just blows my mind. It confirms that politics is more about hoorah for our side then picking the clear logical choice.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oil Stain For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 03:45 AM   #6711
Chonger
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Damn, that ad had me cutting onions. If you are a father of a young girl and still vote for Trump after seeing that ad you are a deplorable.
Sadly thats his base

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Chonger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chonger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 03:52 AM   #6712
Chonger
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
The reason Presidents don’t go after Presidents is simple. It opens Pandora’s box. If Obama went after Bush, then it sets precedent for Trump to go after Obama.

I believe this is why prosecution of trump won’t be directly tied to the WH. It’ll be a specific jurisdiction that goes after him for any crimes he’s committed outside of his “presidential” duties.

Otherwise it opens the door for the GOP to go after the preceding Dem president the next time they get in power.
What about using the office to feed his businesses and make profit for him and his rich friends? Would they look into stuff like insider trading?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Chonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:05 AM   #6713
Chonger
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Exp:
Default

Also i know this is old but havent seen this posted. Im suprised this is legal and seems pretty scary to me.

armyfortrump.com

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Chonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:29 AM   #6714
Rutuu
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
I don't know how you could vote for Graham over Harrison.

It just blows my mind. It confirms that politics is more about hoorah for our side then picking the clear logical choice.
Oilers fans preaching logic when making a choice of who to back...
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:40 AM   #6715
Wastedyouth
Truculent!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutuu View Post
Oilers fans preaching logic when making a choice of who to back...
Totally relevant to the discussion here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
It's the Law of E=NG. If there was an Edmonton on Mars, it would stink like Uranus.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 09:23 AM   #6716
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player
 
Cali Panthers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Exp:
Default

Early voting opened today in Florida.

I got to the polls by 10 and cast a ballot. No major hurdle to overcome. Very streamlined process. In line and out in about 30 minutes.

We have a county of just over 1 million eligible voters. To date, about 226000 mail in ballots have been returned, which is half of the number that were requested. Early voting polls opened at 7 am today, and so far, almost 6000 votes have been cast in those few hours. Wait times at polling stations are now approaching 2 hours in some places, yet people continue to show up on a rainy day. People seem very, very motivated to vote here. Already near a 23% turnout.

Ain't democracy grand?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
If we can't fall in love with replaceable bottom 6 players then the terrorists have won.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #6717
MarchHare
Franchise Player
 
MarchHare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Early voting opened today in Florida.

I got to the polls by 10 and cast a ballot. No major hurdle to overcome. Very streamlined process. In line and out in about 30 minutes.

We have a county of just over 1 million eligible voters. To date, about 226000 mail in ballots have been returned, which is half of the number that were requested. Early voting polls opened at 7 am today, and so far, almost 6000 votes have been cast in those few hours. Wait times at polling stations are now approaching 2 hours in some places, yet people continue to show up on a rainy day. People seem very, very motivated to vote here. Already near a 23% turnout.

Ain't democracy grand?
Out of curiosity, do you live in an affluent and/or predominantly white area? Do you know if the voting process in poorer areas with mostly minority populations is similar to your experience above?
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #6718
Itse
Franchise Player
 
Itse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Early voting opened today in Florida.

I got to the polls by 10 and cast a ballot. No major hurdle to overcome. Very streamlined process. In line and out in about 30 minutes.

We have a county of just over 1 million eligible voters. To date, about 226000 mail in ballots have been returned, which is half of the number that were requested. Early voting polls opened at 7 am today, and so far, almost 6000 votes have been cast in those few hours. Wait times at polling stations are now approaching 2 hours in some places, yet people continue to show up on a rainy day. People seem very, very motivated to vote here. Already near a 23% turnout.

Ain't democracy grand?
I always wonder how low standards are in the US have when it comes to organizing something this basic.

I once had to wait in line for maybe 15 minutes to vote, and I still remember how annoyed I was.

If we had to wait for 2 hours here to vote, heads might roll.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 09:38 AM   #6719
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player
 
Cali Panthers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
Out of curiosity, do you live in an affluent and/or predominantly white area? Do you know if the voting process in poorer areas with mostly minority populations is similar to your experience above?
Yeah, very affluent and mostly white, but other parts of the county have plenty of minorities. As far as I can tell, there are plenty of voting locations in the county, and you can go to any of the early voting locations if you want, regardless of where your normal polling place is, so there is flexibility.

Now that being said, I have no idea what it will be like in Broward or Dade, which have larger minority populations. Hopefully it runs smoothly there as well. It's never been a problem in the past.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
If we can't fall in love with replaceable bottom 6 players then the terrorists have won.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #6720
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player
 
Cali Panthers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
I always wonder how low standards are in the US have when it comes to organizing something this basic.

I once had to wait in line for maybe 15 minutes to vote, and I still remember how annoyed I was.

If we had to wait for 2 hours here to vote, heads might roll.
I think it's just that people have been anticipating the opening of early voting for a while and don't want to have to worry about waiting on election day, when they may not get a chance to vote.

But, no offense, the population here in south Florida alone is more than half of Finland's entire population. Population density matters. Of course it's quicker for you to vote.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
If we can't fall in love with replaceable bottom 6 players then the terrorists have won.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:17 AM.

Calgary Flames
2019-20




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016