Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-15-2020, 01:06 PM   #101
Teroy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
They can call the Canadian division the AHL. Maybe in 2 to 3 years Toronto and Montreal and maybe Vancouver will get back into the real NHL.

The NHL goes from 32 teams to 28 unless they can find a new cities to transfer the franchises intact.

It is pretty obvious that the US will have fans in the stands at least a year or more before Canada does. The US teams will be able to afford the 81 M cap... the Canadian division teams will not.

When the Vaccine comes out the US will be distributing it to 10 of millions of Americans in the first week.

Every person that can afford a NHL season ticket will get vaccinated at their private clinic / HMO within a month of the vaccine being approved.

Canada will get their vaccines in dribs and drabs in the same way we are getting quick tests. The politicians and health workers and their families will get vaccinated and the rest can get in line behind special interest groups.
You must spend a lot of time watching Fox news. Try changing the channel, you might be enlightened. Hopefully you'll realize the stupidity of your comments.
Teroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:08 PM   #102
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Incredible leaps of logic seen the last couple of pages. Makes me wonder how any of the sunbelt teams survive with barely any fans in the stands, year after year. Dumbest #### I've seen on here in a while.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:21 PM   #103
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I'm ok with this if every team changes their name to Rough Riders for one year.
I think we should just use variations, the Vancouver Roughriders, the Calgary Rough Riders, The Winnipeg Ruffriders, the Ottawa Ruff Riders, the Toronto ruffriders and the Edmonton Bare backs.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2020, 09:12 AM   #104
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
I think we should just use variations, the Vancouver Roughriders, the Calgary Rough Riders, The Winnipeg Ruffriders, the Ottawa Ruff Riders, the Toronto ruffriders and the Edmonton Bare backs.
Montreal...

Spoiler!
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RM14 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2020, 09:19 AM   #105
Futzee
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
They can call the Canadian division the AHL. Maybe in 2 to 3 years Toronto and Montreal and maybe Vancouver will get back into the real NHL.

The NHL goes from 32 teams to 28 unless they can find a new cities to transfer the franchises intact.

It is pretty obvious that the US will have fans in the stands at least a year or more before Canada does. The US teams will be able to afford the 81 M cap... the Canadian division teams will not.

When the Vaccine comes out the US will be distributing it to 10 of millions of Americans in the first week.

Every person that can afford a NHL season ticket will get vaccinated at their private clinic / HMO within a month of the vaccine being approved.

Canada will get their vaccines in dribs and drabs in the same way we are getting quick tests. The politicians and health workers and their families will get vaccinated and the rest can get in line behind special interest groups.

Yeah the US health care system is the envy of the world. Everyone wishes they could be there for the quick, easy, affordable access to new treatments. You've really got this stuff figured out Ricardo. Have you thought about running for government?
Futzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:26 AM   #106
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futzee View Post
Yeah the US health care system is the envy of the world. Everyone wishes they could be there for the quick, easy, affordable access to new treatments. You've really got this stuff figured out Ricardo. Have you thought about running for government?
I mean, if you have money and/or good insurance it's good healthcare... but if you don't have insurance and are poor, you can #### off and die somewhere. OR if you need to buy prescription drugs to keep you alive, you can look forward to paying 400% more than single payer systems.

Anyways, probably should get this back to hockey... goddamnit Ricardodw
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VilleN For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2020, 09:50 AM   #107
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Does anyone dispute that there will be fans in the stands in the US before Canada?
Of course that can't be disputed, Trump doesn't care if his fellow Americans live or die.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2020, 10:11 AM   #108
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
They should probably play like in a series like baseball to cut down on travel, both for costs savings and limiting Covid spread.
Not to mention cutting down on the CoMcvid spread as well.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 05:46 AM   #109
Futzee
Farm Team Player

Exp:

I don't think it's a sure thing that US NHL teams will have fans back first. Lots still don't have fans for outdoor NFL games. Canada has been handling it better and socially distanced reduced capacity hockey games wouldn't be so hard to pull off. I just don't know if they will consider reduced capacity games at all since it's all indoor. Much different than a big football stadium.

I'm hoping for a January start with no fans and a plan to phase fans in over the course of a shortened season (reduced capacity at first) with a plan to have full fans back by playoffs. I like the idea of a Canadian division and baseball style series' of a bunch of games vs the same team. Seems workable.
Futzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:58 AM   #110
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM14 View Post
Montreal...

Spoiler!
I would have to switch allegiances. They come out as that beat drops... whoa.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 05:30 PM   #111
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

ESPN article Vegas Golden Knights owner Bill Foley sees NHL season opening on Feb. 1

He says that the NHL opens when they are able to get fans in the stands. They can't afford to fly around to empty arenas.

My opinion is that there is no chance of Canadian teams have fans in the stands before June 2021.

Would the Canadian teams play in a bubbles or just skip this season?
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:56 PM   #112
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
ESPN article Vegas Golden Knights owner Bill Foley sees NHL season opening on Feb. 1

He says that the NHL opens when they are able to get fans in the stands. They can't afford to fly around to empty arenas.

My opinion is that there is no chance of Canadian teams have fans in the stands before June 2021.

They also have TV contracts they need to Honour, so it’s not as easy as just sitting out the season
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:28 PM   #113
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

That would mean hockey possibly spilling into July. I am not a fan of that.
the_only_turek_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:52 PM   #114
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_only_turek_fan View Post
That would mean hockey possibly spilling into July. I am not a fan of that.
Why aren't you a fan of that?

If it were normal circumstances, yes, that would be a bit weird.
But during Corona times, I couldn't care less if hockey is played during July. The more hockey, the better. Better than having a 20 game season.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2020, 08:16 PM   #115
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
Why aren't you a fan of that?

If it were normal circumstances, yes, that would be a bit weird.
But during Corona times, I couldn't care less if hockey is played during July. The more hockey, the better. Better than having a 20 game season.
July is the time to ride bikes and climb mountains not watch NHL hockey.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_only_turek_fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2020, 08:17 PM   #116
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Summers are too short here. I just rather be outside than feel bad obligated to finish an NHL season.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:35 PM   #117
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

What makes you so sure the US will? If they have outbreaks as devastating as they had in New York, they won’t be putting people in arenas. The players may not be willing to accept the risk either. This is not a Canada v US issue as much as you try to make into one.
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VilleN For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2020, 11:49 PM   #118
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

If the AHL Heat is based in Calgary this season, they'll have to have a new logo

Modified Flaming "S" or Old Skool Abbotsford?
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:02 AM   #119
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saddledome Heat. Logo stays the same.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:48 AM   #120
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_only_turek_fan View Post
July is the time to ride bikes and climb mountains not watch NHL hockey.

They invented PVRs for waking times where you are not biking such as sundown, before breakfast, any time really. That’s the beauty of it

You can have an even more awesome day capped off by meaningful hockey

Fun fact: I was happy when hockey returned and I wasn’t alone

Edit : also now is not the time for high and mighty “better than you” nonsense. Not everybody can actually bike and climb mountains

Last edited by DeluxeMoustache; 10-25-2020 at 12:51 AM.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post: