Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-11-2020, 04:20 PM   #1441
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I just want a smidgen of drama, but it's not gonna happen. League has been over since Man City lost to Norwich.
Then you'll be better off watching the Relegation battle of the battle for 4th place.

I was chatting with Slava and really, 4th is up for grabs. Thats anyone's spot unless something major happens and Leicester stumble.

I think that by the end of this month we're likely to see City in the resurgence so I think they're locked in to Top 4, Liverpool are in there and, as I said, barring something catastrophic like an injury to the random Turk they replaced the World's Most Expensive CB with, Leicester should be in there as well.

But theres a whole host of teams in the mix for 4th.

The Economic Minister of Kazakhstan is eagerly awaiting the results for 5th and 6th because the teams that finish there can determine whether his ministry can afford new flooring in their breakroom or the maintenance expenses on the Ministerial Yacht. Maybe they'll finally even get that Keurig machine they've been eyeing....unless its Wolves.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #1442
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Danny Drinkwater should be investigated for match fixing after this performance.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:33 PM   #1443
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems like the Sanchez loan is going fantastic.
Quote:
Antonio Conte says he is “not crazy” after leaving Alexis Sanchez on the bench for Inter Milan’s 1-1 draw against Atalanta on Saturday.

The Chilean has only made four appearances in all competitions for Inter this season after they signed him from Manchester United on a season-long loan.

Sanchez suffered an ankle injury in September and hasn’t played since but has been on Inter’s bench in their last two Serie A matches against Napoli and Atalanta.

And Conte seemed critical after being asked why Sanchez didn’t start for the Nerazzurri.

“You mention Sanchez – well gentlemen, players must be fit to play,” Conte said in quotes via the Manchester Evening News.

“I am not crazy. So, either I am a moron, or I want to hurt myself. I believe one plus one equals two. If you make one plus one equal five…

“If I put someone out of our line-up it is for a reason. It is not about performing a hara-kiri or because I am a mad man.”
https://www.football365.com/news/i-a...loanee-sanchez

Bagor is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 02:13 AM   #1444
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well some good news. Looks like United is close to signing Bruno Fernandes.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #1445
Imported_Aussie
First Line Centre

Exp:

While I think Leicester have too far to fall to drop out of to 4, they are in danger. Since Ndidi was injured they have not looked as good. He is like Kante Junior for them, and him covering the defence allows both the fullbacks to drive forward and freedom to Maddison and Tielemans.

Chelsea need to be smart with the ban lifted, get sensibly priced depth or a striker to push Tammy. You aren't getting the reinforcement you need to upgrade defence now, don't overpay for a bench warmer. Something like Dembele in, Giroud out makes sense, and maybe Lemar on loan.

With some smart moves, United has a shot at 4th, but I don't rate the other teams chasing having a real shot, being some crazy circumstances
Imported_Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:26 AM   #1446
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Unless you're Bruno Fernandes...
cheevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:40 AM   #1447
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imported_Aussie View Post
While I think Leicester have too far to fall to drop out of to 4, they are in danger. Since Ndidi was injured they have not looked as good. He is like Kante Junior for them, and him covering the defence allows both the fullbacks to drive forward and freedom to Maddison and Tielemans.

Chelsea need to be smart with the ban lifted, get sensibly priced depth or a striker to push Tammy. You aren't getting the reinforcement you need to upgrade defence now, don't overpay for a bench warmer. Something like Dembele in, Giroud out makes sense, and maybe Lemar on loan.

With some smart moves, United has a shot at 4th, but I don't rate the other teams chasing having a real shot, being some crazy circumstances
I think that the top four is still going to be a race. I can see either Leicester or Chelsea fading a bit and a spot coming more contested. I think that the race will tighten though and teams like Wolves are looking pretty solid. I hope that we can come around and get into that picture, but realistically we need to sign a player or two and get them integrated quickly at this point. I think it's likely that we're in the Europa League next year, if that.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:25 AM   #1448
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I think that the top four is still going to be a race. I can see either Leicester or Chelsea fading a bit and a spot coming more contested. I think that the race will tighten though and teams like Wolves are looking pretty solid. I hope that we can come around and get into that picture, but realistically we need to sign a player or two and get them integrated quickly at this point. I think it's likely that we're in the Europa League next year, if that.
I'd like to see Sheffield in Europa (with Wolves getting into CL of course) - that would be quite remarkable. I know Wolves did it the first season up, but they basically were the Portugese national team minus Ronaldo. With Sheffield, it would be a miracle.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:56 AM   #1449
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a Man U fan but this is pretty fantastic.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/o...r-united-10272
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 11:24 AM   #1450
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
I'd like to see Sheffield in Europa (with Wolves getting into CL of course) - that would be quite remarkable. I know Wolves did it the first season up, but they basically were the Portugese national team minus Ronaldo. With Sheffield, it would be a miracle.
Wolves have been pretty consistent this year and I think that they could actually make top four (with some dropped points by others, obviously). Sheffield is a cool story and getting EL would be awesome for them. At the same time, I wonder if next year that would be hard for them to add all those matches or whether they have enough depth?
Old 01-13-2020, 11:40 AM   #1451
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Wolves have been pretty consistent this year and I think that they could actually make top four (with some dropped points by others, obviously). Sheffield is a cool story and getting EL would be awesome for them. At the same time, I wonder if next year that would be hard for them to add all those matches or whether they have enough depth?
If they spend the extra money wisely (like Leicester)... get some bargains, some free transfers...

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 01:18 PM   #1452
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

speaking of Sheffield, very impressed with Dean Henderson ... wouldn't be shocked if he dethrones Pickford as Englands number 1 sooner or later. Curious how United will handle this, given that De Gea has just signed a new contract.

Also curious whether the Bruno Fernandes rumours actually lead to something this time around. Feels different than in the summer, where all of the links came from Portugal ... this time the English journalists are in on this as well (Stone, Ducker etc). No idea how good he actually is, but he can't possibly be worse than Lingard so let's go for it.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:00 PM   #1453
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
speaking of Sheffield, very impressed with Dean Henderson ... wouldn't be shocked if he dethrones Pickford as Englands number 1 sooner or later. Curious how United will handle this, given that De Gea has just signed a new contract.

Also curious whether the Bruno Fernandes rumours actually lead to something this time around. Feels different than in the summer, where all of the links came from Portugal ... this time the English journalists are in on this as well (Stone, Ducker etc). No idea how good he actually is, but he can't possibly be worse than Lingard so let's go for it.
I think Id' sooner play with 10 players, for a parked counter, than field Lingard ever again. How ####ing stupid does he take the club for, hiring that trash Raiola. GTFOH lad.

The rumours from England, had a picture and a vehicle with what was believed to have actually been Fernandes about a week ago at Carrington.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:06 PM   #1454
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol just saw Arsenal appealed Aubameyangs 3 game ban.

wish the FA would double the ban in such instances. It's a clear red, he's lucky Meyer didn't break his leg. Accept the 3 games and move on.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:34 AM   #1455
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spurs signed Gedson Fernandes on an 18 month loan deal. I know virtually nothing about him, but I was hoping we'd bring in a pure DM and he's not really that.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #1456
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ashley Young to Inter for €1.5m, good luck to him.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2020, 09:17 AM   #1457
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Quote:
Manchester United are prepared to walk away from a deal for Bruno Fernandes unless Sporting Lisbon drop their demands.

Sporting want €65 million up front and another €15m in add-ons for Fernandes, a stance that has baffled United because the Portuguese side were prepared to let the midfielder join Tottenham in the summer for around €45m plus add-ons.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...emands-sources

Looks like United dont want to pay the 'United Premium.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 01-18-2020, 09:44 AM   #1458
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Not a Man U fan but this is pretty fantastic.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/o...r-united-10272
Amazing - are there other famous stadiums from Lego?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/9to5toys...d-stadium/amp/

Last edited by troutman; 01-18-2020 at 09:48 AM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:54 AM   #1459
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow....what an insane last few minutes.

Palace up 1-0, then down 2-1 then back to 2-2.

Sheffield tying it up against Arsenal.

Wolves down 2-1 then up 3-2.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2020, 10:09 AM   #1460
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1218557986165219329