Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #1321
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

For those of you still playing the new expansion was released today "Shadow of Revan.

Some of the changes

All classes can now reach Level 60!
New Planet: Rishi! A dangerous pirate haven at the edge of the galaxy!
New Planet: Yavin 4! Home of the fearsome Massassi warriors!
New Gear and Reputation Rewards! Powerful new Revanite gear, crafting schematics, and new mounts, including armored vehicle transports.
New Flashpoints! Ruthless Mandalorians and an army of fanatical Revanites stand between the Players and their ultimate goal in two new Flashpoints for levels 56-60!
New Operations! Take on the galaxy’s most savage pirates, then face Revan’s most dedicated protectors in two new level 60 operations, providing the ultimate challenge for groups of 8 or 16 players!
New Hard Mode Flashpoints! Level 60 Hard Mode versions of Assault on Tython, Korriban Incursion, Depths of Manaan, and the Legacy of the Rakata Flashpoints are now available!
Highlights

New Feature: Disciplines! Disciplines is a major overhaul to the class system. At its very core, the Disciplines System replaces the current Skill Tree system while offering a wider array of impactful Utility choices to expand their character and the ability for a character’s identity to surface much earlier in the level path. The Disciplines System changes the way we think about and develop the classes themselves, which translates into a more balanced game and the capacity to expand levels and abilities more often. We’re excited about this system and the possibilities it unlocks for the future.
For a full description of what Disciplines is, please see our Dev Blog.
Single-Player Forged Alliances: Prelude to Shadow of Revan! Players who haven’t completed the Forged Alliances story arc can find the new Mission “Prelude to Shadow of Revan” on their ship. This Mission provides the necessary Fleet Passes to move through Parts 1-3 of the epic Forged Alliances story. Use the provided Fleet Pass to be taken directly to T3-G2 or A7-M1 on your faction’s Fleet to begin your journey.
While on the Mission “Prelude to Shadow of Revan,” players also have access to the Solo Modes of the Forged Alliances Flashpoints when the chain calls for them to be completed.
New GUI Element: Effect Procs! A new visualization system called Effect Procs is now live! This system plays an eye-catching visual effect around hotbar buttons when the ability in that button has been "powered up" by another effect.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:50 PM   #1322
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

I originally played this game on launch, and liked it, but didn't want to continue playing as I found it took too long to get anywhere.

I just resubbed, since they have a 12x experience buff going on (class stories only), and I'm having a blast. It's a great way to experience the stories (which is why I loved KOTOR), and will probably keep the sub up for a few months to play all the stories.

I also had a security key enabled, and had about 5,000 cartel points waiting for me when I started up again.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:31 PM   #1323
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah I still log in and play it. and I still really enjoy it, though I don't do a ton of the PVP stuff or operations.

It took me a while to figure out outfitting my toons, but once you do its easy to make powerful characters.

I've completed all of the story lines.

In order of best to worst

Imperial Agent
Sith Warrior
Bounty Hunter
Smuggler
Trooper
Sith Inquisitor
Jedi Knight
Jedi Counseller.

I've purchased the Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

and the Shadow of Revan.

The game is a lot different from when it started.

They probably didn't have strongholds when you were playing, and I really enjoyed having those because you could make your lair and they also are good at speeding up travel.

most of my characters, are leveled to 60, but I deleted and restarted my Sith Warrior and I'm putting him through the story line because I didn't like my first one all that much build wise.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #1324
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Cool - thanks for the information!

I wasn't sure about the Stronghold stuff, so I'll definitely have to purchase one. I'm doing the Jedi Knight story line at the moment, and am enjoying it so far, but I'll have to switch to one of your higher rated story lines once I complete this. My old character was the IA, and he was mid-40s and I remember the story being well done.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #1325
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've gotten back into this recently (a buddy dragged me back in) and I'm quite enjoying it. The 12x xp and getting more commendations (in addition to making them all one comm instead of each different planet type) really helps smooth out gearing issues.

I'm a big fan of Strongholds for a number of reasons. The most basic one only costs 5000 credits. That's a pittance these days (esp if you are a Slicer).

They cut down a lot of travel. You can access your stronghold from anywhere, anywhen. From your stronghold, you always have 3 travel options. Back to the planet you came from, Fleet, or your ship.

I have one on the Imp side, and one on the Rep side. Yes, all your characters can use the same one, but it costs Imps money to use Rep Strongholds, and vice versa. For the cost, just get one of each, you don't need to do anything to it beyond that.

I spent a few cartel coins and turned mine into a "trading hub". So I have cargo hold access, Legacy hold access, a mailbox and a GTN kiosk in both of mine. I also put one of those "fabrication robots" (you get 3 free with your SH to begin with) in it, as they function as a vendor, buying whatever I want to sell and repairing my stuff. Most of my characters now base out of the Stronghold, which always loads about 2-3x faster than a planet. I also don't have to deal with stuff like the Rakghoul plague.

So yeah...I'm a big fan of Strongholds.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2015, 08:23 PM   #1326
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Something something game is bad something something.

I can't even remember why I was so disappointed by this game anymore. I just remember it made me sad and then angry.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #1327
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

For those of you still playing

Update 3.3 is coming down the pipe. Beyond fixing some of the PVP balancing issues, they are releasing the Yavin 4 Stronghold, which is just massive (includes 4 Star Ship hooks)

On June 15th they're announcing the next expansion, fallen Empire. They have released a teaser screen shot from it

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 06-04-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #1328
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

New expansion announced at E3

http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/k...pansion-swtor/

Apparently the game will add a whole new faction which probably means expansion on the character stories that are currently in place.

They are adding a third party to the war.

So excited.

Old 06-15-2015, 04:34 PM   #1329
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Also sounds like the level cap will increase to 65, and there will be new companions to recruit.

Old 06-15-2015, 04:36 PM   #1330
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sounds like the expansion will be free to subscribers. It also comes with one level 60 character.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:34 PM   #1331
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
New expansion announced at E3

http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/k...pansion-swtor/

Apparently the game will add a whole new faction which probably means expansion on the character stories that are currently in place.

They are adding a third party to the war.

So excited.
I'd probably resubscribe for a bit if they're expanding the character stories.
Superfraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #1332
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

More info, this looks good!

Quote:
Article link: http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/15/8736559/star-wars-old-republic-knights-of-the-fallen-empire-expansion
Five new companions will be available, with very different allegiances
You are able to recruit help and additional companions from an expanded cast, including companions who were previously exclusive to other classes.
To recruit help, you will need to travel around the galaxy and do missions to make yourself favorable to them.”If you want to recruit a character who’s favorable to the Mandalorians, you’ll be able to do missions for them. You want to recruit a character who hates the Hutts, you’ll do missions to build your alliance standing against them."
Still a MMO, just very streamlined.
We are still doing flashpoints, operations, raids bosses, and pvp but it is all about story this year.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:59 PM   #1333
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The more I read about this the more excited I am about it. They're bringing back one thing that they had when the game originally came out in Beta Test and that was the ability to betray and kill Companions. I have to tell you the biggest disappointment for me was in the Sith Warrior story when Quinn betrayed me and I couldn't do the ultimate Sith thing and kill him.

I haven't even started the Shadow of Revan storyline yet, I've been too busy leveling up a new Warrior (I didn't like the old one) and leveling up and armoring other 7 level 60's.

I might start the Shadow of Revan run through this weekend since there's no special events on right now that take a lot of time.

I really wonder about this new faction, I think they must be fallen jedi, and they fall between Sith and Jedi, though the new Emperor seems almost Sith like in terms of breaking his sons bonds and watching one son kill the other with a satisfied look and yellow eyes.

The main question that's popping up is what happens with Vitale, the Sith Emperor who resurrected? Since this story line is going to accelerate 10 to 15 years into the future and the Republic and Empire have basically been gutted is Vitale dead? In the excellent book Plageous Palpatine muses that the Sith Emperor dies eventually.

Is he dead when the invasion happening, or is this the trigger that leads to his death as he was waiting for a mass annihilation of lives in order to trigger his immortality ritual.

Also my expectation is that many of the key npc like Satele, and Marr and other members of the dark council and jedi council are killed during the destruction of both governments.

I'm mainly a story and single player guy in this world so I'm really looking forward to this and its free.

And when you look at the story length, the original character stories were 4 chapters, this new expansion is 9 chapters with 3 added next year. This is a massive content update.

The level cap increase to 65 is nice to because it opens up the ability to solo flashpoints to about 55.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:41 AM   #1334
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My Star Wars Lore is probably off, but I thought Bane came up with the "Rule of Two", seems like it could be alluding to the rule in this trailer.

Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:45 AM   #1335
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bane didn't come around until I think three thousand years after the events of these games. Darth Revan died in 3900 BBY. Bane rose at about 1000 bby.

Revan talked about the rule of two but it was never a rule, it was a personal preference idea where he felt it was stupid for a Sith Lord to take on more then one apprentice because they would conspire to destroy him. But he didn't spread that across the whole Sith Order.

Darth Bane's rule of two was extreme, that there should only be one Sith Lord and one apprentice in the whole galaxy.

Revan would have been fine with 8 million Sith Lords as long as they only each had one apprentice.

You could argue that the Eternal Emperor in the video had an extreme interpretation of that, in that he had two apprentices (sons) and he only wanted one so he played them against each other to snap their bonds.

I think that this new Emperor and his sons are a mixed faction, neither Sith or Jedi, They don't seem to be immersed in the Dark Side of the Force, yet they do seem to call on their rage as you saw by the brother in white when his eyes went yellow and then back to their original color.

My bet is that the Emperor is one of the lost 20 who left the Jedi Order with their blessing and founded his own philosophy.

the yellow bladed light sabers also seem to be a neutral statement between the blood red colors of the Sith and the light colors of the Jedi.

Like I said the big question is what's happening with the Sith Emperor who is now a incorporeal form trying to trigger a extinction level event.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:36 PM   #1336
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'd really love to see a full length movie using that animation.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coys1882 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2015, 10:10 PM   #1337
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

I hate myself for keeping up to date with TOR things, but don't have time to be able to play. It's really quite disappointing.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:29 AM   #1338
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, I've been so busy leveling all of my characters to 60, getting them armored up and getting a ton of cash for each of them, that I haven't started the Shadow of Revan stuff yet.

I just got through the bounty hunter stuff, and the seeker and macrobinocular and HK-51 stuff for all of my characters as well.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:56 AM   #1339
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

So I haven't played in well over 1 1/2 yrs, maybe even 2. Is there a good place that can help me get back in to things, guide for former players etc??

Going to install after I get back home today
Old 08-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #1340
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah the SWTOR forums is a good place to go.

As well duffy.net is a wealth of information especially in terms of walk throughs

http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: