Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #1221
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Some guy sent me what are basically sunglasses because he saw I was a Smuggler and loved my name. Go Clan of the Cave Bear. The goggles were already modded out with all lvl 23 mods.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #1222
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

A couple of questions:

1. What server is the CP guild on? Looks like I am on Harbinger.

2. In regards to farming, I chose Artifice as a crew skill and I find these crystal formations while questing but I cannot farm out of them. Do I need a tool to farm this stuff? EDIT: Seems like Archeology is the crew skill that farms formations.

3. Can you not earn CC in f2p? Or do you have to buy them?

4. Anyone with a sentinel that has a good build that would like to share? (I'm level 15 atm but I feel my gear is a tad underwhelming)

5. Is the AH in this game just as much a rip off as it is in say D3 or WoW or any other for that matter? I am going to assume that it is.

6. Artifact clearance. What the fudge is this? Is this another subscriber benefit?

7. Is subscribing worth it?

Last edited by dammage79; 02-11-2014 at 04:40 PM.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #1223
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
A couple of questions:

1. What server is the CP guild on? Looks like I am on Harbinger.

Bastion

2. In regards to farming, I chose Artifice as a crew skill and I find these crystal formations while questing but I cannot farm out of them. Do I need a tool to farm this stuff?

Artifice is the crafting skill. You need archaeology to get the crystals.

3. Can you not earn CC in f2p? Or do you have to buy them?

Correct. In f2p you only get cc if you buy them.

4. Anyone with a sentinel that has a good build that would like to share? (I'm level 15 atm but I feel my gear is a tad underwhelming)

5. Is the AH in this game just as much a rip off as it is in say D3 or WoW or any other for that matter? I am going to assume that it is.

Really depends what you are shopping for.

6. Artifact clearance. What the fudge is this? Is this another subscriber benefit?

It let's you equip certain (better) gear, ya.

7. Is subscribing worth it?

I think so. Definitely feel I'm getting $15 worth of entertainment
My 2c
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #1224
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alright, Started a Jedi Knight on Bastion. Name is Epho-drin.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #1225
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just hit 55 on my guy last night. Now to figure out the best method of gearing myself out...
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:41 AM   #1226
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
Just hit 55 on my guy last night. Now to figure out the best method of gearing myself out...
Congrats! I'm not too far behind you. I finished my class quests yesterday.

You can all rest easy, the Emperor is dead, so I am sure the game will be over shortly. Just some mopping up left to do.

How did you do the last few levels? Were you in Makeb? or did you just do FP/ops?

I'm leaning towards FPs and ops as they seem to offer great item rewards (that I need desperately) and give me experience on how to do the raids.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:46 AM   #1227
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just did Makeb from 50-55. Took me to like 54.8 and I just finished with the Kuat Drive Yards FP.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #1228
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I just did Makeb from 50-55. Took me to like 54.8 and I just finished with the Kuat Drive Yards FP.
Yeah I did Kuat yesterday as well in a PUG. Was brutal, no one said anything at all, and we wiped numerous times.

Hopefully I have better luck next time.

I also did hardmode Eternity Vault yesterday. Everyone else in the groups had at least 2x my HP (I think I have 16k right now). They were just looking for another DPS so I said I'd be willing to go so long as they didn't mind an undergeared noob.

Wouldn't you know, not a single piece of strength gear dropped. Grrrr
Old 02-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #1229
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
Congrats! I'm not too far behind you. I finished my class quests yesterday.

You can all rest easy, the Emperor is dead, so I am sure the game will be over shortly. Just some mopping up left to do.

How did you do the last few levels? Were you in Makeb? or did you just do FP/ops?

I'm leaning towards FPs and ops as they seem to offer great item rewards (that I need desperately) and give me experience on how to do the raids.
I'm getting ready to start my last character this weekend which is a knight (I haven't had enough time lately to get on the game and play. I did get on last night and solo'd the boarding party and foundry flashpoints solo with my level 55 Sith Assassin more for the lore then anything else

Spoiler!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #1230
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Just found this - http://dulfy.net/2013/04/14/swtor-le...gearing-guide/

Hopefully it's up to date....
The Following User Says Thank You to Canehdianman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #1231
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
Just found this - http://dulfy.net/2013/04/14/swtor-le...gearing-guide/

Hopefully it's up to date....
Talk about thorough. Time for some reading!
Old 02-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #1232
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Got bored this morning and rolled a Consular, and finished Tython. Nope. Deleting him. The story went from kinda cool to crappy already. I wasn't a fan of the voice acting. Nor does the class handle the way I'd like. Nope, I'm done.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #1233
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Done with the whole game or the character?

In terms of stories Trooper and Consular are not the best stories out there. It does get better towards the end of it.

Yeah the voice acting is the worst of the set as well. He just seems to be so staid.

I've started the Jedi Knight story line, I'm halfway through Tython. I love how everyone is basically telling me how great I am. Originally my intention was to be this ulteristic nice guy Jedi out to save the Galaxy.

But I'm getting so much praise that I'm craving more, also the Jedi just sat around while the Flesh Eaters attacked Padawans and that made me very angry.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #1234
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

The trooper story line was indeed pretty bland. Every time you completed a huge mission you'd go back to General Garza and she'd just say the exact same thing "Great job Captain, you really did the Republic proud". I think that was made worse by the fact that Garza's voice-overs seem to have been done by a GPS unit's robot speech.

I've only played a few classes thus far, but the Sith Juggernaut storyline was pretty amazing and my favorite.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #1235
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Does anyone have a imperial side guild I can join on Bastion? Wouldn't mind the xp boost.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:55 PM   #1236
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I believe Madman_26 does if you go 1 page back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #1237
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
The trooper story line was indeed pretty bland. Every time you completed a huge mission you'd go back to General Garza and she'd just say the exact same thing "Great job Captain, you really did the Republic proud". I think that was made worse by the fact that Garza's voice-overs seem to have been done by a GPS unit's robot speech.

I've only played a few classes thus far, but the Sith Juggernaut storyline was pretty amazing and my favorite.

Sith Jugg and Sith Intelligence on the Imperial Side are the best two stories, followed by the Bounty Hunter then the Sith Inq, I didn't hate the Inq story, it just seemed too ghost bustering at the start and you never seemed to be in control of your rise to power, I wanted more Palpatine and less obssessive compulsive

On the Rep side and I haven't played through Knight, the Smuggler is an outstandingly fun story with some absolutely hilarious dialogue. The Trooper didn't do much for me, the Jedi Cons ended well but really was bland at the start, if I wouldn't have been able to throw boulders at peoples faces I probably wouldn't have finished it (Yeah I would have its the Wars bra)

I'm going to be a little sad when I finish them, but I'll probably end up playing them again with different alignments. Can there be light side Sith? can my honorable bounty hunter become just a raging psycho? What if my Imperial Agent who believed in his duty to the Empire suddenly made a mad grab for more power and control over Imperial Intelligence?
Old 02-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #1238
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Done with the whole game or the character?

In terms of stories Trooper and Consular are not the best stories out there. It does get better towards the end of it.

Yeah the voice acting is the worst of the set as well. He just seems to be so staid.

I've started the Jedi Knight story line, I'm halfway through Tython. I love how everyone is basically telling me how great I am. Originally my intention was to be this ulteristic nice guy Jedi out to save the Galaxy.

But I'm getting so much praise that I'm craving more, also the Jedi just sat around while the Flesh Eaters attacked Padawans and that made me very angry.
Just with the Consular. I'm waiting until I get home to subscribe. I liked the Jedi Knight story. I made it to Alderaan, then hated he fact that I specced as a Defence Guardian. I also enjoy the Scoundrel, but I'm having some difficulties healing in PvP and I love PvP.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #1239
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep, I think I am going to subscribe at one point. I want to make a Sith. All this do-gooding will get boring after a while with the Jedi Sentinel. Maybe when I hit 30 or so I;ll subscribe and reap the benefits for the later levels and XP. I kind of enjoy the lower level grinds. Even though there doesnt seem to be as much grind as FFXI. Actually I am pretty sure theres going to be nothing more grinding than FFXI. Anyways. I am enjoying this game the more I get into it and get familiar.

Will pair nicely with D3 when I jump back in to play the new expansion as well.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:22 PM   #1240
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

A bit off topic, but has anyone read any of the Star Wars books? Namely the Old Republic ones? I've read Revan multiple times, but haven't read any others. Are tjere any that are worth while?