Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-15-2018, 10:15 PM   #21
CofR
Olympic Guru
 
CofR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: PL5
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob123 View Post
Sweet. Enjoy it! I still remember the day I got my first car. It's a great feeling that it's yours. Any road trips planned?
No nothing too exciting planned yet, going to Edmonton for the Grey Cup but I’ve had that planed for awhile!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Back View Post
The Oilers are very close on becoming a powerhouse team.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:16 PM   #22
CofR
Olympic Guru
 
CofR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: PL5
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Did you get it in a sweet colour?


My first car was boring white.
Just boring black for me, but that suits me just fine
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Back View Post
The Oilers are very close on becoming a powerhouse team.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:18 AM   #23
btimbit
Franchise Player
 
btimbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Was on 8th tonight and saw the city try to do the pride crosswalk and there was one lady there trying to protest it and heckle the city guys. What RMMH is she was asking everyone that went by to join her in protest but everyone that went by said they supported it and that she was nuts. Then she decided to lay in the middle of it so they couldn't keep painting and I thought the city guys were pretty professional, they didn't give her any attention at all.

Didn't see what happened after that since I left but it made me happy that everyone walking by was calling her out for being an idiot
btimbit is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2018, 04:53 AM   #24
stevinder
Backup Goalie
 
stevinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Killarney (Calgary)
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
I just bought my first car today, at 27 years old I’ll finally have my own vehicle and that makes me pretty happy!
I had that same feeling in 2014. It's nice, isn't it? Since then, I've travelled 90000 km.
__________________
Steve P.
stevinder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stevinder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2018, 11:54 PM   #25
Minnie
#1 Goaltender
 
Minnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: On your last nerve...:D
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
No nothing too exciting planned yet, going to Edmonton for the Grey Cup but I’ve had that planed for awhile!
Then what did you need the car for? Haha, just bugging you - congrats on the new car, which we call the CashCow, lol. It's all I hear when the commercials are on.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2018, 11:59 PM   #26
Minnie
#1 Goaltender
 
Minnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: On your last nerve...:D
Exp:
Default

Quite out of the blue, got a phone call tonight, that my birth father left SW Washington about 11 this morning, driving up here to meet me for the first time. Bit of a surprise, but I'm looking forward to it. I didn't expect it to happen until maybe next year, but this definitely works too. I talked to him on the phone for the first time about 6 weeks ago, after exchanging emails for a bit. He had cochlear implants done in January, and was only really able to hear well enough to talk on the phone, 6 weeks ago. He was not born deaf, but went deaf in the past few years, I guess from years of damage from certain jobs he worked, and some other stuff. Anyway, now I'm rambling because I'm slightly nervous, lol. Not much though, more excited than anything.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 02:32 AM   #27
ASP#26525
Powerplay Quarterback
 
ASP#26525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: An Island in the Atlantic
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Quite out of the blue, got a phone call tonight, that my birth father left SW Washington about 11 this morning, driving up here to meet me for the first time. Bit of a surprise, but I'm looking forward to it. I didn't expect it to happen until maybe next year, but this definitely works too. I talked to him on the phone for the first time about 6 weeks ago, after exchanging emails for a bit. He had cochlear implants done in January, and was only really able to hear well enough to talk on the phone, 6 weeks ago. He was not born deaf, but went deaf in the past few years, I guess from years of damage from certain jobs he worked, and some other stuff. Anyway, now I'm rambling because I'm slightly nervous, lol. Not much though, more excited than anything.

Woah, that's pretty intense! I hope it goes well, good luck!
ASP#26525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:37 AM   #28
ASP#26525
Powerplay Quarterback
 
ASP#26525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: An Island in the Atlantic
Exp:
Default

WRMMH is probably something stupid to everyone else, but I recently installed a webcam in my house and livestream it to Youtube while I'm at werk so I can keep an eye on my two cats. I'm gone for over 13 hours so I have so much less anxiety being able to keep tabs on them
ASP#26525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #29
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Exp:
Default

Driving around Montreal for the past week and not having to deal with nothing but pickup trucks and full size SUVs has been great. Montreal roads are brutal and the drivers can be pretty insane but at least driving amongst 90% smaller sedans and small crossovers has been a joy. It is so easy to see through traffic because you aren't always staring at a tailgate in front of you. Our full size sedan rental was one of the biggest cars on the road as most folks prefer compacts here.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 11:55 AM   #30
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Without lift kits on their sedans, how do they keep their balls from dragging on the ground?
__________________
Air Canada - We're not happy until you're not happy.
Telus - Almost as bad as Winnipeg.
Calgary Roads Dept - Ya, we'll get to that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:19 PM   #31
Wormius
Franchise Player
 
Wormius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere down the crazy river.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASP#26525 View Post
WRMMH is probably something stupid to everyone else, but I recently installed a webcam in my house and livestream it to Youtube while I'm at werk so I can keep an eye on my two cats. I'm gone for over 13 hours so I have so much less anxiety being able to keep tabs on them

If they're like my cat, that will be some very uneventful viewing. You might want to set some kind of motion trigger so it will alert you to when they actually do something.


My kids want to get a leash for our cat to take it outside for walks. I have grave concerns, but decided it's their money and they can do this if they want.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #32
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Good luck with the leash. I trained mine form a kitten so she has no problem being in a harness outside, it's the only way she goes out. I've tried walking her up and down the street a bit but she just gets to distracted. Bugs! Grass! Smells like dog pee!
__________________
Air Canada - We're not happy until you're not happy.
Telus - Almost as bad as Winnipeg.
Calgary Roads Dept - Ya, we'll get to that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #33
Locke
ness Monster
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Income Tax Central
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
If they're like my cat, that will be some very uneventful viewing. You might want to set some kind of motion trigger so it will alert you to when they actually do something.


My kids want to get a leash for our cat to take it outside for walks. I have grave concerns, but decided it's their money and they can do this if they want.
I've seen this done numerous times and every single instance ended in a complete and unqualified failure.
__________________
- "Somebody may beat me, but they're going to have to bleed to do it."
- Steve Prefontaine
This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 12:25 PM   #34
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I've seen this done numerous times and every single instance ended in a complete and unqualified failure.
People walking cats on a leash is the most ridiculous thing ever. I've seen it a few times and I never know who to feel more sorry for; the owner or the cat.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:27 PM   #35
Locke
ness Monster
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Income Tax Central
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
People walking cats on a leash is the most ridiculous thing ever. I've seen it a few times and I never know who to feel more sorry for; the owner or the cat.
Neither. The cat will make the owner pay and its pretty much the owner's own fault so its a cataclysm of failure they brought upon themselves.
__________________
- "Somebody may beat me, but they're going to have to bleed to do it."
- Steve Prefontaine
This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #36
Wormius
Franchise Player
 
Wormius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere down the crazy river.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I've seen this done numerous times and every single instance ended in a complete and unqualified failure.

I plan on equipping them with some bactine and bandages.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:37 PM   #37
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I plan on equipping them with some bactine and bandages.
Oven mitts are handy for holding them down.
__________________
Air Canada - We're not happy until you're not happy.
Telus - Almost as bad as Winnipeg.
Calgary Roads Dept - Ya, we'll get to that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:40 PM   #38
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player
 
DownhillGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Oven mitts are handy for holding them down.
The kids?
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 12:48 PM   #39
Cameron Swift
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SW Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Driving around Montreal for the past week and not having to deal with nothing but pickup trucks and full size SUVs has been great. Montreal roads are brutal and the drivers can be pretty insane but at least driving amongst 90% smaller sedans and small crossovers has been a joy. It is so easy to see through traffic because you aren't always staring at a tailgate in front of you. Our full size sedan rental was one of the biggest cars on the road as most folks prefer compacts here.

This was one of the many small pleasures visiting Montreal recently. I wasn't driving but it was refreshing to see so few trucks on the roads. Living in Calgary for the last decade plus, I'd just gotten used to that being a normal sight.
Cameron Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #40
Wormius
Franchise Player
 
Wormius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere down the crazy river.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Oven mitts are handy for holding them down.

I should remember that the next time I try to bathe the cat in the laundry room sink. My goodness, they really know where to dig in their claws to avoid going in.


non-pro-tip: washing the cat doesn't seem to reduce the shedding.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016