Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-31-2018, 01:24 PM   #21
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Maybe we get what we pay for. Time to start offering more competitive salaries?
Naw, you've got to cater to their narcissist personalities. You need incentive bonuses, like if you maintain a 60% popularity rating for 4 years you get your face on a bill, up that to 90% and we'll Mt. Rushmore you.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:52 PM   #22
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
Apple grinds my gears.
and if this is true, it's another reason to dislike them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...developer.html

Apple quietly blocks its Gay Pride watch face for Apple Watch wearers in Russia, according to prominent iOS develpoer Guilherme Rambo.

When the Apple Watch detects it is being used in Russia, the software will automatically hides the rainbow-coloured Pride watchface.

This behaviour is 'hardcoded' into the software, said Guilherme Rambo, who first discovered the quirk.
This is less of a discrimination case than one might think. I think they do it to limit liability and avoid being accused of promoting homosexual activity by Russia. And since Putin has Trump in his pocket that may make things difficult for Apple on a grand scale.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:15 PM   #23
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

At the Victoria airport waiting for a flight. There is a girl, about six, with her grandmother, I presume. They’re literally wrestling in their seats, making a lot of noise and annoying many people.

This goes on for 30 minutes when the girl goes to the water fountain and gets a mouth full that she dribbles out of her mouth. Grandma says, “I don’t want to see your spit,” at which time the girl spits at grandma. They laugh and go back to wrestling. They were on our flight but far enough away that we never heard them after boarding.

Grrr.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:22 AM   #24
ASP#26525
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper24 View Post
The state of the Canadian oil industry and how no big projects can get done really grind my gears. US has announcements on new export terminals for their oil every few weeks, Canada cannot even get one completed to date.

Things are on the upswing here in Newfoundland.... Not sure what goes on in Alberta.
ASP#26525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:57 AM   #25
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
At the Victoria airport waiting for a flight. There is a girl, about six, with her grandmother, I presume. Theyíre literally wrestling in their seats, making a lot of noise and annoying many people.

This goes on for 30 minutes when the girl goes to the water fountain and gets a mouth full that she dribbles out of her mouth. Grandma says, ďI donít want to see your spit,Ē at which time the girl spits at grandma. They laugh and go back to wrestling. They were on our flight but far enough away that we never heard them after boarding.

Grrr.
Sounds like they were getting the zoomies out of her before the flight.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:18 AM   #26
TheSutterDynasty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
The worst is getting stuck behind someone at a red light without a dedicated left turn lane who starts signalling once the light turns green. I see it happen at a couple intersections on my commute every day. Cars in left lane and no one is signalling a turn so I assume traffic will move smoothly once the light turns green. When it does the guy at the front of the line starts indicating he is turning left and at that point it becomes impossible to get into the right lane to get around him.
I honk at these people. A cabbie just did this last night and got the full blare.

I know some people that never honk. I feel like if I was that unaware I would want to know if I did something someone didn't like. But then again they're probably so unaware they just question why someone honked.

I feel like some of these people drive around and get honked at constantly and just assume that's normal.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #27
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
I feel like some of these people drive around and get honked at constantly and just assume that's normal.
Just like people that are always 5-10 under the limit wondering why everyone tailgates them.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 12:06 PM   #28
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

It GMG whenever we are at a place and the tables intended for 4 or 5 people are occupied by an individual. I wish the long communal tables, like that big one they used to have at CrossIron Mills were more of a common thing,
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #29
CaptainYooh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
...I wish the long communal tables, like that big one they used to have at CrossIron Mills were more of a common thing,
I hate those. Feels like the whole f...n' table is participating in your conversation.

ďTo generalize is to be an idiot.Ē William Blake, Writer
CaptainYooh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainYooh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #30
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
It GMG whenever we are at a place and the tables intended for 4 or 5 people are occupied by an individual. I wish the long communal tables, like that big one they used to have at CrossIron Mills were more of a common thing,
I'm at the Bear and Kilt right now for the $12 burger, fries, and pint, sitting at the corner table for eight or nine by myself posting on CP. Great burger!!!

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:07 PM   #31
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

People that brag about not taking sick days.

At my workplace it's "use 'em or lose 'em" so... good job working five extra days a year that the company would've paid you not to be here, I guess?

Not to mention you're almost guaranteed to see those people there at least a couple times a year in absolute shambles, making everyone else sick when they should've just taken a damn day off.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:23 PM   #32
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

What's with these clowns that call you for something you've got advertised and ask you questions that are clearly posted in the ad? Uuuhhh, how many bedrooms is it? Uuhhhh, how much is the rent? Uuuhhhh...F-off. I'm not renting to a struggler.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 03:42 PM   #33
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
People that brag about not taking sick days.

At my workplace it's "use 'em or lose 'em" so... good job working five extra days a year that the company would've paid you not to be here, I guess?

Not to mention you're almost guaranteed to see those people there at least a couple times a year in absolute shambles, making everyone else sick when they should've just taken a damn day off.
Isnít the attitude that those that donít take sick days are days that the company would have paid you not to be here just as bad.

If you are sick take the days if you are not sick you better be working. I think the people who donít use sick days when sick are a much smaller problem than those who use sick days when well.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 04:04 PM   #34
monkeyman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Just like people that are always 5-10 under the limit wondering why everyone tailgates them.
And when you change lanes, speed up to pass them, they speed up too.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:11 PM   #35
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Isnít the attitude that those that donít take sick days are days that the company would have paid you not to be here just as bad.

If you are sick take the days if you are not sick you better be working. I think the people who donít use sick days when sick are a much smaller problem than those who use sick days when well.
It's not advocating for faking sick -- but I'm sure everyone has those days when they're 50/50, when they're feeling pretty crappy, but okay enough they could probably work. If you've got sick days, why not use one and come back better the next day? I'm sure any employer would rather pay you a sick day and get 4 days of productivity out of you then make you come in for 5 days being miserable and ineffective (and maybe making other people sick too).
Old 09-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #36
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Damn these BS car rental fees and taxes. 16% "concession fee" was added to my rental upon return which cost me an extra $120.
I just experienced this renting a car at YYC. Extra 15.61% on the rental.
Rubicant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:16 PM   #37
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicant View Post
I just experienced this renting a car at YYC. Extra 15.61% on the rental.
Thats right neighbourly of them!
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #38
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

My old tires on my Jeep were in rough shape, and I am going to be doing a bunch of highway driving over the next couple months (including a trip to Calgary tomorrow), so I just got new tires installed yesterday. Since then, I have driven home from the tire shop, to the bank, to the car wash, and back home again for a grand total of 12km.

And... I just pulled a tire off because it has a ####ing screw in it (could hear air leaking from it at the car wash). So now I'm driving to Calgary tomorrow with 3 brand new tires and my ####ty spare. Life is fun.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:18 PM   #39
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's a screw in your tire,
when you just bought a new set.
It's a ####ty spare doughnut,
when you've got somewhere to get.
And isn't it ironic, don't you think
A little too ironic, and yeah I really do think
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2018, 09:46 AM   #40
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why is my bank closed today? It's normally open Sundays. Today is not a holiday, tomorrow is. If you were going to pick a Sunday to close on, this is possibly the worst one, because it results in consecutive closed days.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote