Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-11-2019, 02:15 PM   #5341
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it bad of me to want see them actually try to build this stupid wall, just to see how badly it will fail, and how much money they'll waste doing it? Guess I don't care since it's not my tax money. But it'd be hilarious to see them spend billions on the wall, just to have Mexicans scale it with rope ladders, or cut through it will chainsaws.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:17 PM   #5342
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Is it bad of me to want see them actually try to build this stupid wall, just to see how badly it will fail, and how much money they'll waste doing it? Guess I don't care since it's not my tax money. But it'd be hilarious to see them spend billions on the wall, just to have Mexicans scale it with rope ladders, or cut through it will chainsaws.
There is a sick curiosity with it no doubt.

But then when you consider it would be at the cost of vital services for people in emergency fallout situations, and it's really just plain horrible.

The Slack Line Podcast. (QOTD, Flames Fried-days, Weekly Full-length episodes with J-Wow and The Boss and special guests.)

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/...298772964?mt=2
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX3...Js51vQ5c5EfZBw
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:53 PM   #5343
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufy View Post
If it gets govt back to work without wall funding. Why wouldn't the dems vote for it...

Let the wall die in court.
Yup, that's how. The shutdown in on because Trump wants money for the wall (won't sign an appropriations bill without it) if he "get's" the money by declaring an emergency and accessing other funds outside the standard appropriations then Congress can pass an appropriations bill that McConnell will send to the White House (and the wall money issue can get slogged out in court). Of course you've now then set a precedent that future Presidents (say... Democratic ones) can just do an endrun around Congressional budgeting.

Democrats actually have the leverage here since the wall itself is unpopular overall and the majority of Americans don't blame them for the shutdown. So long as both of those are true they don't have any reason to give in.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:20 PM   #5344
PostandIn
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This is revolting and actually unbelievable. Apparently US law allows import of child brides from other countries. Further, marriage of adults to minors is legal in most US States. Maybe Trumpworld should clean up this legitimate immigration and legal mess first before worrying about Mexico. Does Canada allow this crap?

https://www.pantagraph.com/news/nati...142cb82a2.html

“But the data raises questions about whether the immigration system may be enabling forced marriage and about how U.S. laws may be compounding the problem despite efforts to limit child and forced marriage. Marriage between adults and minors is not uncommon in the United States, and most states allow children to marry with some restrictions.”
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:28 PM   #5345
Krovikan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
This is revolting and actually unbelievable. Apparently US law allows import of child brides from other countries. Further, marriage of adults to minors is legal in most US States. Maybe Trumpworld should clean up this legitimate immigration and legal mess first before worrying about Mexico. Does Canada allow this crap?

https://www.pantagraph.com/news/nati...142cb82a2.html

“But the data raises questions about whether the immigration system may be enabling forced marriage and about how U.S. laws may be compounding the problem despite efforts to limit child and forced marriage. Marriage between adults and minors is not uncommon in the United States, and most states allow children to marry with some restrictions.”
No does not allow child marriages depends on province for minimum age, but in Alberta: you must be 18 or 16 and have parents consent. Judges may rule that parents consent isn't necesary.
https://www.law-faqs.org/alberta-faq...-law/marriage/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #5346
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by station View Post
If I were the Dems I would offer him the 5 billion in exchange for a bill that includes major reforms of all of these plus maybe campaign finance. Heck, tell him he can paint it gold and call it the Bigly Wall Of Trump USA or whatever. He doesn’t care about any of these actual issues, he just wants to look like he won and to get something out of it personally.

Senate Republicans would never go for this of course but you’d force them to finally take a position against Trump and you’d have shifted responsiblity for the shut down to the whole Republican Party. And if somehow they agreed to even minor reform of a couple of these things you’d be heroes of the left and the working class for a generation.

And then you can sit back and watch them have to actually try to build the stupid wall for $5 billion and laugh as the whole things fails in spectacular fashion.

Make the wording imply a wall, but actually use the money to build levees and seawalls and other useful wall-like infrastructure to protect against sea rise.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 06:54 PM   #5347
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

The investigation the F.B.I. opened into Mr. Trump also had a criminal aspect, which has long been publicly known: whether his firing of Mr. Comey constituted obstruction of justice.

Agents and senior F.B.I. officials had grown suspicious of Mr. Trump’s ties to Russia during the 2016 campaign but held off on opening an investigation into him, the people said, in part because they were uncertain how to proceed with an inquiry of such sensitivity and magnitude. But the president’s activities before and after Mr. Comey’s firing in May 2017, particularly two instances in which Mr. Trump tied the Comey dismissal to the Russia investigation, helped prompt the counterintelligence aspect of the inquiry, the people said.

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, took over the inquiry into Mr. Trump when he was appointed, days after F.B.I. officials opened it. That inquiry is part of Mr. Mueller’s broader examination of how Russian operatives interfered in the 2016 election and whether any Trump associates conspired with them. It is unclear whether Mr. Mueller is still pursuing the counterintelligence matter, and some former law enforcement officials outside the investigation have questioned whether agents overstepped in opening it.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/u...a-inquiry.html
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 08:24 PM   #5348
John Doe
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
This is blowing up cable news right now. Except on Fox, which is really trying to sell the “Crisis on the Border”.
John Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:30 PM   #5349
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
President Trump has exhausted all of my sick curiousity.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 09:00 PM   #5350
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Is it bad of me to want see them actually try to build this stupid wall, just to see how badly it will fail
That was my thoughts about trump getting elected. I’m done now.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #5351
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol..

Digital archives show that the page was deleted after the union's president supported building a border wall with Donald Trump in the White House Briefing Room.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...taxpayer-money
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2019, 04:23 AM   #5352
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Love or hate Joe, he consistently blasts his former party and those who are unwilling to stand up for their values against Trump, especially in this rant, Lindsay Graham.

Last edited by Thor; 01-12-2019 at 04:33 AM.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thor For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2019, 10:11 AM   #5353
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

12 tweets before noon in case you were wondering how the Adderall Admiral is doing this morning.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:19 AM   #5354
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
This is blowing up cable news right now. Except on Fox, which is really trying to sell the “Crisis on the Border”.
Oh don't worry, they'll be all over it now since Trump is having a complete meltdown about it this morning on twitter, playing right into his "witch hunt" narrative. It'll be front page on Fox by mid-morning.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:29 AM   #5355
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

So I know watergate took a long time but what exactly is Mueller doing? Seems to be taking forever and with this one. With how unbelievably stupid Trump is you’d think he wasn’t very good at covering his tracks.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:33 AM   #5356
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
So I know watergate took a long time but what exactly is Mueller doing? Seems to be taking forever and with this one. With how unbelievably stupid Trump is you’d think he wasn’t very good at covering his tracks.
That’s the scary part.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:46 AM   #5357
HockeyIlliterate
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
How long did Starr’s investigation of Clinton take? Slightly over 4 years if I remember correctly.

Mueller has only been investigating for less than 2 years, and yet the Republicans are claiming that it is taking too long and needs to be wrapped up soon. Where were they when Starr was doing his investigating? Probably taking money from Russian interests via the NRA and having affairs with Russian agents....
HockeyIlliterate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #5358
Maritime Q-Scout
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't know the half of what's been going on.

It takes time to have your ducks completely in a row, especially if there's hundreds of ducks.

Mueller doesn't seem to do anything unless he knows the outcome. We haven't seen a Democratic house yet. He's likely waiting for the tax returns.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:34 PM   #5359
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Mueller has almost certainly had the financials, tax returns from very early on in the investigation.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:41 PM   #5360
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is the fastest special investigation ever in terms of charges, plea deals, warrants convictions etc. This is the fastest it has ever worked.

This is from July last year.

If you look at the Chart you see that Watergate was actually one of the fastest as well. So if this keeps pace with watergate that’s actually a good thing. Right now I think you could still say it is ahead being less than 2 years old right now.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/fivethir...wing-fast/amp/

Last edited by GGG; 01-12-2019 at 12:44 PM.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: