What a battle. Series is still alive
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:11 PM   #883
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Question for those who know more than me. Why don’t NBA teams play all out like collage, with full court presses and all, in OT? Seems absurd that you’d give a chance for the opposition to settle in.
College kids are more prone to cracking, and the timeout rules for advancing the ball make the press not as useful.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:11 PM   #884
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I don't see how they win more than one with that officiating, but what a great win, regardless.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:14 PM   #885
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man, this game should be 2-1 for Raptors.. anyway, hope the boys get some rest and grab another win in game 4.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:16 PM   #886
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big ups to Norm on stepping up too, to win when Van Vleet and Green play 65 minutes combined and shoot 2/20 requires someone to step up.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:18 PM   #887
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can we agree on some things. Danny Green sucks, finally hit some 3s and please for the love of God convince Kawhi to stay.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2019, 08:43 PM   #888
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is perhaps the most schizophrenic thread I have ever read on CP. People cheering, people complaining and an assortment of doomsayers who can’t seem to enjoy a good run by an excellent team. Your team is in the Final 4 while the rest of the basketball world watches. Enjoy it!!
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2019, 08:52 PM   #889
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, there are two things here. One, that was a nail biter and certainly entertaining, and the good guys won. Two, the game was a total mess, should have been over in regulation and again in OT1, and the Raptors barely managed to squeak out a win despite Giannis playing about as poorly as he can play (23 rebounds notwithstanding) and getting fouled out, which you have to think was game over for them. So if that's what it takes to barely get a win, yeah, 5 games was about right.
I mean... does anyone think they win game 4?

And Strange Brew, that's all well and good in most sports, but the NBA is the only league where you can be in the final four and still feel like you never had a chance in hell of winning a championship to begin with and certainly don't now. That's what it's felt like, even since the last round.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2019, 10:05 PM   #890
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've watched a bunch of post-game analysis and basically the only commentary relating to refereeing is a consistent complaint about a Kawhi double dribble. You can't make this #### up.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 05-19-2019, 10:10 PM   #891
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
So, there are two things here. One, that was a nail biter and certainly entertaining, and the good guys won. Two, the game was a total mess, should have been over in regulation and again in OT1, and the Raptors barely managed to squeak out a win despite Giannis playing about as poorly as he can play (23 rebounds notwithstanding) and getting fouled out, which you have to think was game over for them. So if that's what it takes to barely get a win, yeah, 5 games was about right.

And Strange Brew, that's all well and good in most sports, but the NBA is the only league where you can be in the final four and still feel like you never had a chance in hell of winning a championship to begin with and certainly don't now. That's what it's felt like, even since the last round.
All well and good too...but heres the deal...its been that way since the beginning of the season.

Now that its playing out that way...its officiating or players or something else that is conspiring against the Raptors? This entire thread is embarrassing.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:19 PM   #892
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure anyone has said that the Raptors will lose this series because of some conspiracy or because of bad officiating. They certainly complained about bad officiating in this game. Anyone can speak up if I'm wrong, but I doubt anyone here thinks the Raptors are a better team than the Bucks, and that's why the Bucks will win.

Also, while they haven't been favourites or anything, until the second round I thought they had a shot. Then two things happened: the team outside of Kawhi demonstrated mental weakness and an unwillingness to step up in big moments, and the Bucks / Celtics series showed just how good the Bucks really are. Neither of those things were for sure going into the playoffs, IMO.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2019, 10:26 PM   #893
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
All well and good too...but heres the deal...its been that way since the beginning of the season.

Now that its playing out that way...its officiating or players or something else that is conspiring against the Raptors? This entire thread is embarrassing.
Then get out? Why post at all if this thread is not worth your time.

Last edited by keenan87; 05-19-2019 at 10:38 PM.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:04 PM   #894
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Then get out? Why post at all if this thread is not worth your time.
I will post what i want and where I want ...thanks.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:20 PM   #895
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

I didn't think the Reffing was too bad. Pretty fair on the whole. It was a very physical game and the refs let a lot go for both sides.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:39 PM   #896
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The reffing in the NBA continues to be garbage, but for the first time in three years I don’t see a blatant bias against Toronto like when they played LeBron.

Really hope Nurse at least gives Lin a chance next game. FVV is just brutal and has been all year. I also don’t understand the lack of Ibaka in game three.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2019, 11:40 PM   #897
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That’s pretty much what I’m talking about right there. Your team is in the semis and has yet to lose a game on its home court in the series. You really should be enjoying it. The Toronto fans they show outside sure seem to be.

I know I wish my team was still in it.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:37 AM   #898
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Question for those who know more than me. Why don’t NBA teams play all out like collage, with full court presses and all, in OT? Seems absurd that you’d give a chance for the opposition to settle in.
The press is a funny thing, it's effectiveness runs on a spectrum opposite to the skill level of the players. It's so devastating to beginners that it's banned until you're 12 and after that up until high school you're not allowed to press if you're up by more than 20. It's a nuclear weapon. Contrast that to the time you get to the NBA the players are so good at dribbling and passing that pressing basically results in an easy layup all the time.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiracSpike For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2019, 02:38 AM   #899
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
The reffing in the NBA continues to be garbage, but for the first time in three years I don’t see a blatant bias against Toronto like when they played LeBron.

Really hope Nurse at least gives Lin a chance next game. FVV is just brutal and has been all year. I also don’t understand the lack of Ibaka in game three.
Exactly. I'm sure Milwaukee is thinking they got jobbed as well. That 6th foul against the Freak was borderline. Siakam lowered his shoulder quite a bit and if anything I thought it looked more of an offensive foul if anything. I know his feet weren't set but Siakam basically was barrelling in with his shoulder down.

As for Lin I've gotta say a hard no. He was horrible whenever given a chance in the regular season and just dropping in to the conference finals after not playing for over a month would be a disaster.

Also FVVs shot is trash but at least he can okay defense and doesn't turn the ball over.

Lin was brutal on defense and was a turnover machine.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:15 AM   #900
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2018-19 NBA and Raptors thread

Quote:
I'm not sure anyone has said that the Raptors will lose this series because of some conspiracy or because of bad officiating. They certainly complained about bad officiating in this game. Anyone can speak up if I'm wrong, but I doubt anyone here thinks the Raptors are a better team than the Bucks, and that's why the Bucks will win.

Also, while they haven't been favourites or anything, until the second round I thought they had a shot. Then two things happened: the team outside of Kawhi demonstrated mental weakness and an unwillingness to step up in big moments, and the Bucks / Celtics series showed just how good the Bucks really are. Neither of those things were for sure going into the playoffs, IMO.

The Bucks really aren’t that amazing. Lebron’s cavs with Irving we’re much better. Raptors could easily be up 2-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote