Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2021, 07:24 PM   #1761
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nope. Dealt with several they were all snakes. I would avoid Heninger the most they are the most entrenched and seasoned snakes. Stampede has the best parts department.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:02 PM   #1762
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
Can anyone recommend a local Toyota dealership? I know what I want but I generally hate the buying experience.
Not exactly local but Cochrane Toyota seemed pretty decent when I was dealing with them.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2021, 08:13 PM   #1763
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

When I bought my Tacoma I went to Charlesglen, Country Hills, Henninger, High River, and Cochrane. I bought it from Cochrane. They were fair to deal with and didn't pull the BS. I did online sales and they were the only ones that didn't dick around.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:27 PM   #1764
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

South pointe Toyota was brutal to deal with for sales, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised with their service department. I didn’t end up buying, but Lethbridge Toyota actually had the best deal when I was looking at 4runners last year.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:39 PM   #1765
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

+1 for Cochrane. Dealt with 2 new purchases from them. Seem on the up and up.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2021, 08:53 PM   #1766
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I did some work for Cochrane Toyota. They are a great bunch of very ethical people. I'd buy from them in a heartbeat.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:53 PM   #1767
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
Can anyone recommend a local Toyota dealership? I know what I want but I generally hate the buying experience.
Not sure what model you're after, but try a service like Unhaggle?

One caveat - if you're after an super in demand model - Unhaggle doesn't work. They'll tell you straight up that no bids have been received from dealers if this is the case and refund their fee.

Alternatively, check out the Edmonton dealers for buying - I found they were cheaper than the Calgary ones. Even simple things like the doc fee were lower in Greaserland...

Last edited by I-Hate-Hulse; 05-13-2021 at 08:55 PM.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:01 PM   #1768
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Bought a car from Cochrane Toyota about 9 years ago they lied about maintenance done. Told me the car was safety inspected rear coil spring was broken. I didn't care much since I do all work myself but still, liars. Was a U.S. car no rust that's why I bought it and didn't care much about mechanical issues.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2021, 08:46 AM   #1769
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sadly with Toyota it's the same answer as most brands. The dealers in Calgary are awful.

I used to go to Northwest Toyota Edmonton, no complaints at all
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:37 AM   #1770
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

High River Toyota has a great service dept. cant speak to the current sales dept as i bought the Venza in 2010
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:45 AM   #1771
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I would recommend High River Toyota. I would not, not, not recommend Canyon Creek.
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:16 PM   #1772
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got a chance to pop out to Drumheller on my drive this week. Couldn't believe the parking lot was basically empty, and had to take advantage for a little size comparison

(spoiler for large image)

Spoiler!
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2021, 10:02 PM   #1773
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone used a local locksmith instead of a dealership to replace a keyfob for a newer keyless ignition system? My mom needs a keyfob for her vehicle, Genesis sedan, and I've read that a dealership could charge $800 to $1000 for a new fob and programming. I see that fobs online are about $150 and I assume that a capable locksmith with the right tool can program it for a couple hundred. Any recommendations?
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:38 AM   #1774
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Has anyone used a local locksmith instead of a dealership to replace a keyfob for a newer keyless ignition system? My mom needs a keyfob for her vehicle, Genesis sedan, and I've read that a dealership could charge $800 to $1000 for a new fob and programming. I see that fobs online are about $150 and I assume that a capable locksmith with the right tool can program it for a couple hundred. Any recommendations?

I am not sure if a Candian Tire, Part Source or Auto Value or some other local part's store may be able to assist?

One of the downsides to a lot of this modern technology is the absolute insanity price wise on parts and services that used to be next to nothing. You used to get key's cut for cars for less than two coffee's and now it's running close to a mortgage payment for some.

Good luck!
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:26 AM   #1775
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Cost me about 80 per FOB to have a two new ones programmed for my son's 2006 Rav 4.

I I think it was BW Locksmith...
Old 05-18-2021, 09:26 AM   #1776
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Consider doing it yourself as well. There's Youtube guides online. I get that there's labour and stuff involved, but for the prices they are charging for a single battery change that they do in a literal minute or two, I can buy myself a life time supply of coin batteries (and brand name ones like Sony too) and do it myself.

The same profit multiplier seems to exist for buying and reprogramming a key.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:32 AM   #1777
Bankai
Scoring Winger

Exp:

2013 Dodge Caravan.

Any ideas why I get a squeaking sound coming on occasionally? Sounds as if it is associated with the wheels/brakes/etc as it is a rotational squeaking.

Sound goes away when the brakes are applied. Resumes when I am coasting and sometimes when accelerating.

Brakes are still original with 70k km. Had them checked a year ago with 65k km and they said they were still decent at that time.
Bankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:02 AM   #1778
BagoPucks
First Line Centre

Exp:

Minivans. Do you really need AWD or is FWD with Winter tires good enough in Canada?
BagoPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:02 AM   #1779
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankai View Post
2013 Dodge Caravan.

Any ideas why I get a squeaking sound coming on occasionally? Sounds as if it is associated with the wheels/brakes/etc as it is a rotational squeaking.

Sound goes away when the brakes are applied. Resumes when I am coasting and sometimes when accelerating.

Brakes are still original with 70k km. Had them checked a year ago with 65k km and they said they were still decent at that time.
70k is a lot on a set of pads. How did they define decent? What mm remaining?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2021, 10:04 AM   #1780
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brakes are cheap, and like nik said that's a lot of km on a set of pads. Worth it turn the wheel and take a look at least
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post: