Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-26-2018, 09:55 AM   #9241
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Any word on if he's packed his ##### or not yet?
word is an uber call has been placed..

Old 02-26-2018, 10:33 AM   #9242
David Struch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Could Flames be shopping for a goaltender?
Quote:
Given that Charlie Lindgren has signed long-term in Montreal, could Laval Rockets netminder Zachary Fucale – a pending restricted free agent unlikely to receive a qualifying offer – become a possible stop-gap acquisition to help out the Heat or does Carey Price’s injury status complicate things? Could the Philadelphia Flyers move one of their many minor-league netminders? Could the Flames sniff around one of Buffalo’s NHL goaltenders? These are factors to bear in mind as the 1 p.m. MT trade deadline approaches.
https://flamesnation.ca/2018/02/26/c...-a-goaltender/
The Following User Says Thank You to David Struch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #9243
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personally, I would just take Johnson back in a deal.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:49 AM   #9244
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

This is the ideal time to see what we have in both Rittich and Gilles. If your not going to give them a shot now then when? I realize the season is in the balance but why give up assets for a goalie that may not be better than what we have
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MacDaddy77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #9245
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

exactly what Conroy just said so one of them is getting traded lol
Old 02-26-2018, 11:07 AM   #9246
David Struch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lehner requests trade.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:18 AM   #9247
Dan403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
Here is my arm-chair deadline deal:

Brouwer for Bobby Ryan (40% retained)

Before trade
  • Flames have 2 seasons @ $4.5m for Brouwer. Thats $9m in salary and cap space.
  • Senators have 4 seasons @ 7.5m for Ryan. Thats $30m in salary and $29m in cap space.

Trade objective:
  • Senators want to cut salary
  • Flames want to upgrade RW
  • Flames don't want to ruin cap structure going forward

After Trade:
  • Flames have 4 seasons of $4.5m = 18m salary and $17.5m in cap space
  • Senators have 2 seasons of $4.5m (Brouwer) and 4 seasons of $3m (Ryan). That works out to $21m in salary, so they cut $9m cash dollars right away, and even more if they decide to buy out Brouwer.

Much like the Dion deal did for the Kings, the Ryan trade would help the flames now, and have the potential to turn out ok in the future if Ryan rebounds. For the Senators, much like the Dion deal, this trade allows them to cut $9m of salary (and even more if they decide to buy out Brouwer).
Don't quit your day job.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan403 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2018, 11:21 AM   #9248
handgroen
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Struch View Post
Lehner requests trade.
Source? Is this legit?

is your cat doing singing?
Old 02-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #9249
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

SportsNet desk talking about Pacioretty needing to leave, MTL is not gonna get what they want for him I think. Will be really interested to see if he goes within the next two hours.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #9250
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by handgroen View Post
Source? Is this legit?
no it isn't. More reputable beat writers say the trade request is false.
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2018, 11:44 AM   #9251
David Struch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
no it isn't. More reputable beat writers say the trade request is false.
Oops, thought it was legit since there is three whole pages on it on HF.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/thread...trade.2455539/
Old 02-26-2018, 12:12 PM   #9252
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Struch View Post
Oops, thought it was legit since there is three whole pages on it on HF.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/thread...trade.2455539/
if it's worth knowing, sureLoss will post it.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:09 PM   #9253
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Nothing earth shattering but FWIW, LeBrun on the Flames at the trade deadline:

https://www.fanragsports.com/flames/...iece-up-front/

Quote:
The problem, of course, is that they traded their first and second-round pick in this year’s draft for Travis Hamonic – so they didn’t have the normal currency at hand. They were going to have to be a little more outside the box in how they can go about that. And whether that meant trading a Sam Bennett to get that high-end winger, or a Jon Gillies, or another prospect in the organization – I don’t know how you go about it. Or I guess the first-round pick in 2019.

“And I do know for a fact there were discussions between Calgary and Ottawa on Mike Hoffman, as there were also conversations between Calgary and Montreal on Max Pacioretty – among others.

“But whatever the reason is, and we can only assume that the ask was so high from both the Senators and the Habs that the Flames were hoping it would come down at the last moment and never did. I don’t know.

Quote:
“I think the reason Calgary was more focused on guys like Hoffman and Pacioretty to some degree is that those guys weren’t rentals,” noted the Insider. “And I think what scared the Flames probably is that if they go out and get a rental and he walks two months later and you miss the playoffs, isn’t that the worst-case scenario ever? So I think there was some concern about going after a rental.

“Although some teams have. I mean, the Devils went out and got Grabner and Maroon and there’s certainly no guarantee they’re going to make the playoffs. But I guess Ray Shero felt ‘I’ve got lots of draft picks and I hope these guys can not only help us get in…’ It’s not just about what you do with them when you’re in, but these guys – maybe he’ll re-sign one or both of these guys.

“And again, I think the Flames were a little gun-shy because they traded their first and second last summer for Hamonic, so how do you get in on Kane. Kane went for – outside of the prospect – he went for a conditional first/second round pick, depending on how you want to look at it. Basically, if the Sharks either re-sign Evander Kane or win the Cup, it becomes a first for Buffalo. I’m not sure about winning the Cup, but certainly re-signing Kane is a possibility. I think that’s why San Jose made that deal – to give Evander Kane a real serious test drive and see if he could fit into their team culture there in San Jose. And if they like what they see, I think they will sign him. And then that becomes a first-round for Buffalo.

“Again, where’s that first-round for Calgary. It would have had to have been 2019, which I guess you can do; but that means that you’re out 2018 and 2019 from your first-round picks, and that’s tough to swallow.”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 03:42 PM   #9254
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly, would rather have Hamonic than the possible TDL acquisitions. Not only do we get him for this year, but we also have him for the next two as well. That for me is worth a 1st round pick.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #9255
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Sucks to see how much we’ve fallen since the TDL.

In hindsight we should’ve made a bigger splash at the deadline. I suggested we add Brian Gionta or Ryan Spooner and the guy has 13 points in 8 games including 2 goals against us. That sure didn’t help us win that game. Gionta would’ve been a free addition and he’s a ppg player for Boston right now with 6 points in 6 games. Maybe we’ll still get in, but wondering if we’d been a little more assertive, that we could’ve landed some better help.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:00 PM   #9256
H2SO4(aq)
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
Sucks to see how much we’ve fallen since the TDL.

In hindsight we should’ve made a bigger splash at the deadline. I suggested we add Brian Gionta or Ryan Spooner and the guy has 13 points in 8 games including 2 goals against us. That sure didn’t help us win that game. Gionta would’ve been a free addition and he’s a ppg player for Boston right now with 6 points in 6 games. Maybe we’ll still get in, but wondering if we’d been a little more assertive, that we could’ve landed some better help.
Nice bump. We didn’t really have many expendable assets.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:03 AM   #9257
shutout
First Line Centre

Exp:

Time to make some significant core changes to the team, because they are seriously lacking any kind of drive and character. Coach needs to go, but this is beyond the coach this is lack of caring in the dressing room.

Going off the premise that the Flames over paid for Hamonic last year, lets assume that this summer he is only worth a first and a third round draft pick. I would think that Brodie is worth about the same as Hamonic, so we would be able to get a first and third for him as well.

Its a given that we need to let go of (release/buyout) the following so that they are not on the roster next year. Stajan, Versteeg, Brouwer, and Hathaway.

I think that it would probably cost us a first round pick for Nyquist so maybe that is part of a three way deal for Brodie or Hamonic that the first goes to Detroit for Nyquist. Unless they would make the deal for the defenseman.

The other right wing depth that we bring in is Kapanen from the Leafs. THN FW has him rated higher than Fox, though I think that Fox is worth more, and I would rather give up Kylington, the ranking of defensemen prospects is somewhat subjective. Kapanen for Fox deal.

There is only one player that I would not trade in the organization and that is Tkachuk. But somewhere in this new leadership group there needs to be change. I am going to suggest that we move out Monahan.

So what if we added onto the Leafs deal. Monahan and Fox for Marner, Kapanen, and a fourth. Lets Leafs drop Kadri to the third line checking where he belongs. Lets them move on from Bozak. Puts Monahan as a second line center where he belongs. Gives them so more cost certainty.

Provides the Flames with some more forward offensive depth and makes some changes to the middle age leadership of the team that is seriously lacking.

Rough lines for next year would be

Gaudrea Bennett Nyquist
Tkachuk Backlund Marner
Frolik Jankowski Kapanen
Klimchuk Shore Lazar Mangiapane

Kulak Hamilton
Giordano Andersson
Kylington Stone
Wotherspoon

Smith Rittich

Out: Monahan, Brodie, Hamilton, Brouwer, Stajan, Versteeg, Hathaway, Stewart
In: Nyquist, Marner, Kapanen, 1st, two 3rds, 4th

Getting rid of Gulatzen is the next step.
Tim Hunter, Sheldon Keefe, Kirk Muller, Dan Bylsma
Old 03-19-2018, 09:04 AM   #9258
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Wtf
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2018, 09:06 AM   #9259
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

You have Hamilton out but also in the lineup.

That lineup would be competing for the lottery next year IMO.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:08 AM   #9260
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trading Monahan is crazy talk
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread