Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 02:24 PM   #41
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Raymond
Is that for certain? I hope so!!

And that leads to the next question, how can a guy who is getting so much time in the top 6 and 2nd unit PP getting so easily replaced by Bollig.

The team knows Raymond sucks, why play him so much? Trying to highlight him? It's not happening...
Old 12-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #42
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsInMyBlood View Post
So glad I wont have to watch Mayray skate around all hunched over being useless tonight.

Even better than that is no Raymond getting fed powerplay minutes. I predict the 2nd PP unit will score tonight because of it.

Go Flames Go!
Probably just means more Joey "Powerplay" Colborne. Raymond can at least gain the zone.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #43
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
Is that for certain? I hope so!!

And that leads to the next question, how can a guy who is getting so much time in the top 6 and 2nd unit PP getting so easily replaced by Bollig.

The team knows Raymond sucks, why play him so much? Trying to highlight him? It's not happening...

My guess is that the coach feels that when he is playing, he's the most effective if he has the opportunity to have a more offensive role. He is worse than useless as a checker.
The Following User Says Thank You to heep223 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2015, 02:57 PM   #44
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Probably just means more Joey "Powerplay" Colborne. Raymond can at least gain the zone.
Joey "Powerplay" Colborne made me laugh.

Yeah, I do always enjoy Mayray gaining the zone, making a button hook and falling down with nobody around him.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #45
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah, I do always enjoy Mayray gaining the zone, making a button hook and falling down with nobody around him.
Or missing a pass, or receiving a pass only to put it into someone's skates
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2015, 03:17 PM   #46
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

I want to see Bennett run over Corey Perry tonight! I also want to see Bennett score a goal tonight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaudfather For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2015, 03:22 PM   #47
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudfather View Post
I want to see Bennett run over Corey Perry tonight! I also want to see Bennett score a goal tonight.
I want to see Bennett run over Perry, and Perry retaliates and Bennett scores on the PP while Perry sit in the penalty box
Old 12-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #48
Scoutski
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Ducks current window is closing in the next few years, it seems they had their best opportunities in the last 2 years. That said, they could still turn it on and make a push but soon they'll be where Vancouver is now.

Unfortunately, they have still been very dominant over the Flames so I'm probably going to just listen to this one at work. I've got a bad feeling it'll be a choppy terrible game with the ducks winning 4-0.

That said, I'm still very optimistic and think the Flames are playoff bound and can make noise. We will begin to dominate the Anaheim battle within 2 years.

GFG! I won't give up hope, though!
Old 12-29-2015, 04:10 PM   #49
fire_starter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutski View Post
The Ducks current window is closing in the next few years, it seems they had their best opportunities in the last 2 years. That said, they could still turn it on and make a push but soon they'll be where Vancouver is now.

Unfortunately, they have still been very dominant over the Flames so I'm probably going to just listen to this one at work. I've got a bad feeling it'll be a choppy terrible game with the ducks winning 4-0.

That said, I'm still very optimistic and think the Flames are playoff bound and can make noise. We will begin to dominate the Anaheim battle within 2 years.

The Flames have been pretty good against the ducks at home recently. I think they'll come out "hot n ready" (see what I did there) haha i'm lame.

3-1 Flames with the third being an empty netter.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:14 PM   #50
JJ1532
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutski View Post

I disagree. I think they are well placed to retool. Yes, their top 3 forwards are soon going to hitting their peak and dipping down, but they have a strong young core to quickly rebuild around. Gibson, Vatanen, Rakell, Fowler, Lindholm, Silfverberg plus some prospects like Theodore, Ritchie etc.

Can't say I'm that well versed, but I'd say they are pretty good at drafting, given some of the names they've drafted over the last few years. That should stand them in good stead for when Kesler, Perry and Getzlaf do start winding down.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:22 PM   #51
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudfather View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteowl View Post
I want to see Bennett run over Perry, and Perry retaliates and Bennett scores on the PP while Perry sit in the penalty box
followed by Bennett running over Kesler who then falls down drawing an embellishment penalty and Johnny Gaudreau scores on the resultant PP.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:02 PM   #52
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I want to see Ferklund running Bieksa through the boards, so that the last thing we see of that idiot is him stumbling towards the airport in a panic in his uniform and skates, outrunning cars on the deerfoot out of fear.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #53
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hoping for some Ferkland v Bieksuck action
Old 12-29-2015, 05:13 PM   #54
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope Bieksa gets booed.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:13 PM   #55
Lil Pedro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Would love to see Ferland nail Kesler...hate that clown
Old 12-29-2015, 05:35 PM   #56
Scoutski
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1532 View Post
I disagree. I think they are well placed to retool. Yes, their top 3 forwards are soon going to hitting their peak and dipping down, but they have a strong young core to quickly rebuild around. Gibson, Vatanen, Rakell, Fowler, Lindholm, Silfverberg plus some prospects like Theodore, Ritchie etc.

Can't say I'm that well versed, but I'd say they are pretty good at drafting, given some of the names they've drafted over the last few years. That should stand them in good stead for when Kesler, Perry and Getzlaf do start winding down.
You're right on a lot of those points. I think I'm probably not being objective and I just want them to become bad... I suppose it depends how much they commit to keeping the older guys around and if they wait too long with it (e.g. what the Flames did with Iggy).

Still can't wait to never see the three you mentioned on the ice again.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:37 PM   #57
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

No, please. This needs to die before it catches on
Old 12-29-2015, 06:41 PM   #58
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm getting really sick of SNP playing games like Nashville vs St Louis or Detroit vs Washington when a Flames game is on. SNO and SNP are both carrying the Nashville game. Why can't SNP and SNW play the Flames game?

Tags
god , winwinwinwinwin