Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #61
landshark
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I was wondering how long it would take for the gang to turn on Galiardi. Everywhere he goes, he ends up in the coach's dog house. He's a likeable guy, but sometimes he seems to lose focus and worse, finds that he's unable to identify the problem and correct it. Kinda reminds me of Setoguchi. GREAT skills, but gets lost at times and can stay lost for a LONG TIME.

In the end, Galiardi is not a good long term fit for this team. Really just a good body to help nudge the kids along with some competition for a spell.
landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #62
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Flame View Post
That seems like a pretty dumb reason to hang onto a player.

Flames are sitting at $35mil for next season, with 12 spots to fill. If the projected cap floor is around $47mil, they won't have any problem hitting the floor with Jones salary of the books.
What would be the reason for buying him out if Calgary is not going to be anywhere near the cap? Try selling that one to Murray Edwards.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #63
Goodlad
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
I was wondering how long it would take for the gang to turn on Galiardi. Everywhere he goes, he ends up in the coach's dog house. He's a likeable guy, but sometimes he seems to lose focus and worse, finds that he's unable to identify the problem and correct it. Kinda reminds me of Setoguchi. GREAT skills, but gets lost at times and can stay lost for a LONG TIME.

In the end, Galiardi is not a good long term fit for this team. Really just a good body to help nudge the kids along with some competition for a spell.
He's essentially a more likeable version of Blake Comeau. He has a lot of hustle, that pretty much leads no where. At least Comeau has a 20+ goal season on his resume'.
Goodlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #64
Goodlad
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
What would be the reason for buying him out if Calgary is not going to be anywhere near the cap? Try selling that one to Murray Edwards.
It makes even less sense when you consider they may actually struggle to make the cap-floor next season.
Goodlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #65
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNotKenKing View Post
And, for the Hartley Hates B. Jones camp:

"Blair changed a lot from last year ... Right from training camp, we saw that his fitness was so much better. His attitude was better. His game was better." - Bob Hartley on Blair Jones, who jumps into the lineup tonight
He was one of the last forwards cut at the start of the regular season, it stood to reason he would be one of the first considered for call up. Horak was and is gone, Reinhart was, now B. Jones.
TurnedTheCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #66
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm liking the Smid O Brien pairing. I think that can evolve into one of the most physical blueline pairings in the league.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #67
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

4 out of the last 6 times the Flames and Panthers have played each other, the game has gone to OT (3 times to a shootout). So, don't make any early plans tonight.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #68
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
why would we? he helps us reach the cap floor
Yeah that's the only positive of his terrible contract. Since the Flames are very unlikely to be up against the cap the next 2 seasons it's not a big deal.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #69
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't ask me why, because not even I know, but Florida is my 2nd favourite team. I'm really excited to see Huberdeau and Barkov. This team has some great prospects in their system. That said, I'd much rather see Monahan and Baertschi bury these guys. Florida is lousy so I'm hoping some of our guys can pad their stats a bit tonight. I predict 6-3 Flames win.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #70
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every time I predict a GDT Flames win, we lose in OT.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #71
Baxter Renegade
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This team should have only ONE of either Stajan, D Jones or Galiardi... They are all similar players, with Stajan probably being the best of the 3. No NHL team should have all 3 of these dudes in the lineup.

Anyhow, I think we win against the Panthers. Look for a HUGE game from Baertschi.

-Brett Hull
Baxter Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #72
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Centre Ice channels for:
Friday, November 20
Florida at Calgary, 1900h Mountain
Flames feed in red

Shaw Cable 350 SD and HD
Shaw Direct 472 SD 485 HD--Classic lineup
Shaw Direct 421 SD 434 HD--Advance lineup

Bell - 427 SD 1452 HD
Telus Sat - same as Bell
Telus Optik - TBA

Rogers - Same as Eastlink or Source Cable
Source Cable - 455, 460 SD 483 HD (HDS13 and 18)
Eastlink - 455, 460 SD 495 HD
Cogeco - 455, 460 SD 485, 491 HD

Westman - NA***
MTS - 832, 836 SD 1832, 1835 HD
Novus - 472 SD 482 HD
Northwestel - NA***
Videotron - NA***

USA
Indemand - Game 3 and 4 SD Game HD3, HD4
Directv - 774 SD 774-1 HD
Dish - 891 SD 9546 HD Hopper Channel 475-07

Sirius Radio-- Siri 212 (Internet 925)
XM Radio-- XM 213 (Internet 925)
SXM Radio-- SXM 213 (Internet 925)

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
hwy19man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #73
Saqe
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lines for FLorida:

Huberdeau - Bjugstad - Flash
Upshall - Barkov - Boyes
Barch - Goc - Matthias
Bergy - Gomez - Hayes

Campbell - Gilbert
Kulikov - Gilroy
Mottau - Gudbransson

Thomas
Saqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #74
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Wayyyyyy to early to be throwing predictions out about most of the new guys
Jones - Proven goal scorer, new system and hasnt really played with top calibre guys for much of the season. Give it at least 1 year before making judgments. He is the type of player who could catch fire, go on a streak and become everyones favorite in no time!

Galiardi - Watch some of his SJ/Col playoff footage. Guy is a warrior/character player who actually was a big part of many wins. He makes a million a year...great value, great attitude and gives it his all everynight.

Smid - Without question will be the whipping boy some nights but when you look at what he brings, I will take 5 nights of him laying it on the line and pissing other guys off for the 1 off night he becomes the "so called reason we lose"

Colborne - I have been guilty of jumping all over him but more so about ice time than his play. I think his ceiling could be higher than many project if he learns to use his size and play consistent. Despite scoring that goal last game, he had a poor overall game IMO. The difference between fans like CP vs the guy you sit beside at the game is we don't let 1 play erase the rest of the games evaluation.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Travis Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #75
bucksmasher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post

Colborne - I have been guilty of jumping all over him but more so about ice time than his play. I think his ceiling could be higher than many project if he learns to use his size and play consistent. Despite scoring that goal last game, he had a poor overall game IMO. The difference between fans like CP vs the guy you sit beside at the game is we don't let 1 play erase the rest of the games evaluation.
The only thing that scares me about Colborne is the Bouwmeesteresqe physicality. He tends to avoid hits and looks scared to deliver them when all he has to do is follow through instead of letting up.
bucksmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #76
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Huh. Sat beside a guy on my flight from Denver-YYC last night that had an Abbotsford Heat bag. Just realized it was Blair Jones.

Anyway.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:

Tags
gtd , winwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin