Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-04-2018, 11:33 PM   #1
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Facebook Page Management Rates

So I decided to leave my job last Wednesday due to it being too physically demanding for my disability which affected how fast I could get my work done. Before I left they asked me if I would be interested in keeping their Facebook page up to date. They have no clue how much they should pay so they asked me to think about what I would charge and get back to them if I was interested.

I myself have no idea what I should charge so I just wanted to see if anyone on here has experience with this or knows somebody and can tell me what I should be asking for if I decide to accept it.

This is what they told me they would want me to do that I can remember:

- Making a post or two a day promoting their products/services.
- Going there probably every Wednesday and Friday to see what they want posted and to take pictures.
- Going to events or businesses whenever they ask me to take pictures of things they've created for them.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:04 AM   #2
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I did a bit of a search for this, the overall consensus is a starting point of $25-35 an hour.

The maximum I say was $100.00 per hour, however that rate was demanded by a social media strategist that handled the overall strategy of all social media including facebook and twitter and created original content like edited videos for example.

I would think what you're doing is more a long the lines of basic content creation and the occasional post instead of driving content and strategy. So you're probably in the lower end of the spectrum.

You have to be careful as well, I've seen some advertisement for companies that charge a monthly rate of about $300.00 for basic facebook content updates, I've had a few approach me and the company I work for as well.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2018, 08:40 AM   #3
jwslam
Scoring Winger

Exp:

- Making a post or two a day promoting their products/services. [Probably a weekly rate depending on how much creativity you're required to put in]
- Going there probably every Wednesday and Friday to see what they want posted and to take pictures. [charge enough to cover your travel time to work / your personal vehicle expenses, and then add the time spent at the place]
- Going to events or businesses whenever they ask me to take pictures of things they've created for them. [Charge a per event rate, and the prep work and afterwork as well]

What rate makes this work worthwhile for you is a big determining factor right now. Also, refer to this video as you've got the upperhand right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_xmN_w-pq8
jwslam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jwslam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #4
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Just for some perspective, I used to work for Dell in digital marketing. Our department charged the business units hourly rates for the work we did. For social media I think the rate was somewhere around $65-$85 an hour. I think the highest service was webdev which charged like $120 an hour. While I don't think the business units would have really been allowed to go find 3rd party services, the idea was to set the rates close to what they would find from agencies.

Hope that gives some context to the top end big business way of doing things.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2018, 08:24 PM   #5
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not really in your industry but just moving from staff to being a contractor warrants an increase in billable rate. Holidays (2% per week), CPP (5%), EI (2%), RRSP matching (5%), benefit plan (1-2%), sick days (1-2%) etc. So if you just went from staff to contract at a minimum a 20% uplift is required to make you whole.

If you provide your own equipment and transportation once you are a contractor that also needs to be added on. Also if you really are an arms length contractor things like profit and overhead should be included. So if the new work is similar duties then your current wage plus between 20% and 40% depending on who supplies the equipment would be a reasonable mark up for being a contractor.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: