Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-21-2020, 09:30 AM   #21
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Bump.

I have ubolts to secure my Inno onto my roof rack. I find them annoying and would rather have some sort of quick release system. Anyone know of an aftermarket option to add quick on/quick off hardware to an older cargo box? I've googled the #### out of this and have come up empty.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:57 AM   #22
shane_c
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've had a Sportrack box for a few years now and it's been great. I only put it on the car when I need to use it, otherwise it's in my basement. I'm always amazed how much it can hold.

Prior to getting it, I had wanted one for years but could never bring myself to putting out that much money. Thankfully I found this one in my neighborhood on garbage day. So the price was right!!! I brought it home, cleaned it up (it looked like it was previously stored outside and was slimy), I had to order two new hinges, buy a few new bolts for it, unseize the two locks and I bought the U-bolt kit at Canadian Tire (50% off at the time). So all in all I spent about $80 or less getting it functional.

shane_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:23 AM   #23
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Bump.

I have ubolts to secure my Inno onto my roof rack. I find them annoying and would rather have some sort of quick release system. Anyone know of an aftermarket option to add quick on/quick off hardware to an older cargo box? I've googled the #### out of this and have come up empty.
I have these Memory Mounts to attach my Inno Cargo box

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...no/INBRP9.html

They work great
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:34 AM   #24
Bent Wookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNumbers View Post
Just bought a cargo box for the first time for our qx60. Got the yakima skybox 21. Amazing. Opens from both sides unlike a Thule and is a nice carbon-fiber look. In kelowna for a few weeks and it was awesome on the highway. No noise and no movement. The yakima mounting adjustment mechanism is epically good.
Wachoo talkin about Willis?

My Thule opens from both sides.

We use it every summer and it's been amazing. I don't notice any substantial wind noise and adjustments are a breeze.

In all honesty, I am always surprised at how flimsy they all are. There's really not much to them (obviously to keep weight down) but they seem pretty durable and I haven't had to do a thing to mine for over 6 years.

Edit: Oh wow, this thread is old... disregard.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:57 AM   #25
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prarieboy View Post
I have these Memory Mounts to attach my Inno Cargo box

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...no/INBRP9.html

They work great
Yeah, that's what I'm after, but I think these go into a channel already in the Inno. My Inno is older (bought off Kijiji a couple years ago) and I have to attach it using u-bolts. It's hard to do by yourself and I need a ladder to do it. I'm hoping I can find these clips, but that fasten to the cargo box as a mod so I don't have to use the u-bolts anymore. If I bought these right now, I can't figure out how I'd attach them to the box.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 02:00 PM   #26
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

You should be able to modify your box pretty easily. Go to a cargo box store and look at the width of the channel and see if you can cut some on your box. You could use Contact Cement to attach a rubber seal like the new boxes have.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prarieboy For This Useful Post: