Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2020, 01:08 PM   #221
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's been so long that I kind of forgot about Chase Anderson, AJ Cole, and Shun Yamaguchi. Should be a fun team.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:27 AM   #222
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben voyonsdonc View Post
It's been so long that I kind of forgot about Chase Anderson, AJ Cole, and Shun Yamaguchi. Should be a fun team.
I hope with rosters being announced that Yamaguchi, Cole and a bunch of others are added to the Jays in MLB The Show during the next couple updates. Be wonderful if when Martin signs he gets added too.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:43 AM   #223
cross16
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
It is awesome, to see Simeon Woods-Richardsons shoot up the rankings after all the unnecessary criticism the Jays took in the Stroman deal.
cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cross16 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2020, 01:43 PM   #224
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Way too much covid spreading like wildfire in the US. No point in having any season this year. Don't take stupid risks with lives. Shut it down in the name of safety.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:08 PM   #225
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Way too much covid spreading like wildfire in the US. No point in having any season this year. Don't take stupid risks with lives. Shut it down in the name of safety.
I find it amusing people have little worry about cashiers dealing with hundreds of people a day but are worried about baseball players. Why would playing baseball have any more risk then any other job out there of catching Covid?
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:33 PM   #226
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
I find it amusing people have little worry about cashiers dealing with hundreds of people a day but are worried about baseball players. Why would playing baseball have any more risk then any other job out there of catching Covid?
They don't, but problem is, there's still a pandemic that's spreading like wildfire down there. And crooked Trump and his cronies doing nothing but help to make the whole US more and more sick.

Nearly 128,000 deaths down there, and more and more states having to pause their reopening or revert back into shut down mode.

That says it all and sports is NOT exempt from the pandemic. Do not risk lives unnecessarily during a pandemic.

If you think it's an OK idea to push ahead with the season despite this, then you are being really careless and rather irresponsible.

Last edited by Karl; 07-01-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:53 PM   #227
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
They don't, but problem is, there's still a pandemic that's spreading like wildfire down there. And crooked Trump and his cronies doing nothing but help to make the whole US more and more sick.

Nearly 128,000 deaths down there, and more and more states having to pause their reopening or revert back into shut down mode.

That says it all and sports is NOT exempt from the pandemic. Do not risk lives unnecessarily during a pandemic.

If you think it's an OK idea to push ahead with the season despite this, then you are being really careless and rather irresponsible.
I think the players are the only ones who opinions matter and they have agreed to play

If you think the world is stopping for the next year while they find a vaccine you are in for a big surprise
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2020, 08:35 PM   #228
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I'm not sure it's entirely irresponsible. There's no right answer at this point when it's a longer horizon. Why not bring some positivity through sports for fans, and why can't a person make a dollar (even if a bunch of millionaires playing sports)? If the players are alright with it and they're not being pushed by their PA to agree, who are we to say otherwise if they're not putting the general public in danger further? I see it as a positive if they get off the ground. Mind you, I think any league will get a few positive tests and will completely get messed up in the process, but that's a discussion for another thread.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:32 AM   #229
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Martin is one of only three 1st rounders yet to sign, and he's only top ten pick that hasn't signed yet.

I really don't think there is any way he chooses not to sign, but come on already lol
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:51 AM   #230
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Martin is one of only three 1st rounders yet to sign, and he's only top ten pick that hasn't signed yet.

I really don't think there is any way he chooses not to sign, but come on already lol
Scott Boras is notorious for tough drawn out signing negotiations, and with Martin falling to 4, he is trying to secure as much missed slot money as possible. The Blue Jays have till August 1, there is no rush.

Edit: But I do understand the anxiousness with the negotiations, considering the high profile of the pick in Canada and lack of baseball. I for one can't wait for the first pitch of the season.

Last edited by Since1984; 07-02-2020 at 09:59 AM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:33 PM   #231
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure it's entirely irresponsible. There's no right answer at this point when it's a longer horizon. Why not bring some positivity through sports for fans, and why can't a person make a dollar (even if a bunch of millionaires playing sports)? If the players are alright with it and they're not being pushed by their PA to agree, who are we to say otherwise if they're not putting the general public in danger further? I see it as a positive if they get off the ground. Mind you, I think any league will get a few positive tests and will completely get messed up in the process, but that's a discussion for another thread.
America has been unforgivably irresponsible with their handling of this crisis.

I can’t get over how different this all plays out if America is led by someone who isn’t running a death cult.

They’d be safer if they played the entire MLB season in Canada.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 12:17 PM   #232
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1279115453290483712
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 12:26 PM   #233
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Felt like it was inevitable they would sign him but it still feels good to see it actually happen! A good day for Blue Jays fans.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 12:37 PM   #234
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, seemed really unlikely he'd decide not to sign, but it's Boras we're talking about so until it's done, it isn't done.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:05 PM   #235
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1278421939007246337

Just stay healthy Nate....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2020, 10:47 AM   #236
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1280180121358479366
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:00 PM   #237
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post

Damn. I'm sure most of these guys will recover fine, but the occasional one getting it will probably have those lingering side effects of laboring breathing and fatigue. I'm really going to enjoy the sports August, but every single league is tainted under these circumstances where each league has guys opting out, or sick, or not fully recovered from this. At least when it's a sports related injury, it speaks to his ability to be resilient to the wear and tear of the season. Something like this is just annoying because it'll be random.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:57 PM   #238
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, NHL's saving grace right now is they can play every game in Canada. MLB has an uphill battle it seems playing in the States
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:58 PM   #239
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1280279175149105152

10 of the last 20 games against the Yanks.

Also a brutal start, beginning in the Trop. Like seriously c'mon!

lol
Old 07-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #240
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1280951507685433352

The amount is in..