Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-18-2017, 10:14 AM   #1081
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Good luck finding NHL employment Jarome.

Really not in a position to be turning down interest from any club at this point.

Iginla is not even 45-years-old and is already a multi-millionaire several times over. He literally could not be found in a better position to turn down employment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
...A little embarrassed at how hard CP bit on that rumour, all due to the mention of a 'source'. ####.

We need to vet these rumour starters the way Trump would vet his immigrants.
Just to be clear, there is very little that we as moderators can do beyond making instinctive decisions regarding the quality of inside sources. We're not journalists or professional investigators, and all of us are working F/T jobs while volunteering our services to moderate this site. Just accept that rumours posted here are as likely to be false as they are true, and there is not much more we can do to improve what I think is an adequate track record, all things considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2017, 10:20 AM   #1082
fastpuck
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I think finishing your career with the Olympics, might be a strong consideration.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fastpuck For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2017, 06:47 PM   #1083
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

So no Chiasson signing in Washington yet.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:50 PM   #1084
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Really? And how recently is it you "heard" this directly from Burke?
It was the end of May for both Burke and my other source.

Burke's comment wasn't a joke.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:10 PM   #1085
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourque's Twin View Post
It was the end of May for both Burke and my other source.

Burke's comment wasn't a joke.
No one said it's a joke, but you're not the first person to attempt to quiet the discussion based on potentially old and outdated information.

Things may have changed on both sides since May. A lot happened and the landscape may be different.

Two posters (aside from the Oilers troll) have passed along intel that contradicts the position from May, including CroCop, who's been privvy to a few things before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
The Flames are trying to bring back Iggy for this season. Between Calgary and Boston. Up to Jarome now. Johnny is on board and reaching out. Legit see how it unfolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappin Tappin View Post
So I wasn't planning on posting this because I wanted to keep my conversation private, but just to dispel the notion by some here that Iggy would never want to come back here, I will tell my story. Mods feel free to PM to get further detail and facts.

I spoke to a member of Flames management last week and jokingly asked if we were bringing back Iggy. The individual said he's spoken to Iginla and he's training super hard this summer because he feels he has 1 more year left in him. Iggy knew he wasn't going to be a priority guy this summer so he's being patient while trying to still be ready for the season in hopes he will be signed somewhere. Iginla even said to this individual something along the lines of "so you guys need RWers right?", and said he has shown interest in coming back to Calgary. Now the question is whether Flames management think there's a fit. But they will speak to Iginla's agent and consider it an option.

So in conclusion, contrary to some people's opinions, Iginla is willing to come back to Calgary to play if the Flames will have him and the fit makes sense.

Of course that's just hearsay, but a few people have tossed out the "there's no interest from the player" comment that Burke made after the trade deadline, as well as comments from Iginla about not wanting to come back from way back.

We don't know what conversations have gone on in the last six weeks, and there's nothing saying comments from well beyond that are gospel.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #1086
wired
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Funny how you guys get in a pissing match about rumours and fact. Iggy hopefully will not sign with Calgary, and the team stays fast.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:49 PM   #1087
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
No one said it's a joke, but you're not the first person to attempt to quiet the discussion based on potentially old and outdated information.

Things may have changed on both sides since May. A lot happened and the landscape may be different.

Two posters (aside from the Oilers troll) have passed along intel that contradicts the position from May, including CroCop, who's been privvy to a few things before.

Of course that's just hearsay, but a few people have tossed out the "there's no interest from the player" comment that Burke made after the trade deadline, as well as comments from Iginla about not wanting to come back from way back.

We don't know what conversations have gone on in the last six weeks, and there's nothing saying comments from well beyond that are gospel.

djsFlames said "The Burke comment was probably a joke."

I do agree that things could've changed between June 1 to today, and Iginla coming back makes sense in a lot of ways. I'm just passing along what I heard directly from Burke and another person very high up in the organization.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:58 PM   #1088
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure what to believe but I take anything Burke says with a huge grain of salt.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:09 PM   #1089
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourque's Twin View Post
djsFlames said "The Burke comment was probably a joke."

I do agree that things could've changed between June 1 to today, and Iginla coming back makes sense in a lot of ways. I'm just passing along what I heard directly from Burke and another person very high up in the organization.

All I was saying is when you leave out the timing of when those comments were made, it sounds a bit different. I thought you were implying you heard that recently.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2017, 07:11 PM   #1090
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Funny how you guys get in a pissing match about rumours and fact. Iggy hopefully will not sign with Calgary, and the team stays fast.
Yea, Iginla rumours are being discussed in a thread about Iginla in the middle of August. Shocker.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:37 PM   #1091
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Yea, Iginla rumours are being discussed in a thread about Iginla in the middle of August. Shocker.
Actually, the fact that a thread in FOI is actually on topic in August is pretty shocking!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2017, 08:42 PM   #1092
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

So Chiasson has not signed in Washington yet lol
Old 08-25-2017, 08:44 PM   #1093
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh2640 View Post
So Chiasson has not signed in Washington yet lol
No, but I have it on good source that he's apparently close to signing with the Washington Wizards
The Following User Says Thank You to Karl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2017, 09:21 PM   #1094
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

I heard it was the Washington Generals
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2017, 10:20 PM   #1095
Gaudreau is a Ninja
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Please just retire Jarome and play for Canada in the Olympics please!
Calgary Flames #1 St. Louis Cardinals #1
The Following User Says Thank You to Gaudreau is a Ninja For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2017, 06:41 AM   #1096
BigRed
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Iginla will get an offer. Still a useful player in a limited role and of course A ton of veteran leadership experience. Whether or not it will come from somewhere he actually wants to play is the question

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2017, 07:56 AM   #1097
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

When listening to the Fan a bit this week they talked about Jagr then debated several other wingers the Flames could chase. Funny they never mention Iginla as an option. All summer long they could have debated this signing but they rarely mention his name and never in connection to the Flames. I wonder why that is the case?

I assume the Flames don't want to bring him back and they asked the FAN to not bring it up
Old 08-26-2017, 08:41 AM   #1098
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kind of surprised Chiasson hasn't been signed yet. There are plenty of far worse players on NHL rosters right now. IMO he's a great 4th line player as he skates hard and has a little bit of skill.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2017, 10:43 AM   #1099
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
When listening to the Fan a bit this week they talked about Jagr then debated several other wingers the Flames could chase. Funny they never mention Iginla as an option. All summer long they could have debated this signing but they rarely mention his name and never in connection to the Flames. I wonder why that is the case?

I assume the Flames don't want to bring him back and they asked the FAN to not bring it up
Are you serious?
Old 08-26-2017, 10:49 AM   #1100
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamesVan View Post
Are you serious?
Do you listen to the FAN?

How can a local radio station talk about the need for another winger and list the Jagr's, Vaneks's, Chiasson's, and Stafford's but gloss over the greatest player in franchise history?
Closed Thread