Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #921
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Honestly, for the most part with phones it's all about luck in that department. I've dropped my Nexus 4 more times then I can remember in the last two weeks, I don't know why but I've been over-the-top clumsy with it. Just tonight it fell out of my hoodie pocket when I was getting out of my truck and when I was at the movies I had it on my lap and stood up to let someone move past me in the aisle I forgot I had it on my leg and it plopped on the floor, my gf thought it was done for but it was fine. For a glass phone I've been super lucky.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #922
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I've never busted a phone, iPhone or Android, but the most impressive destruction I've seen goes to Android. I've got friends with cracked screens on iPhone, but a guy I work with dropped his Galaxy and it hit in just the exact wrong way.. it literally exploded, like it had a bit of C4 in it. I couldn't have done a better job with a screwdriver, it was truly impressive.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #923
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I've never busted a phone, iPhone or Android, but the most impressive destruction I've seen goes to Android. I've got friends with cracked screens on iPhone, but a guy I work with dropped his Galaxy and it hit in just the exact wrong way.. it literally exploded, like it had a bit of C4 in it. I couldn't have done a better job with a screwdriver, it was truly impressive.
I've busted two Blackberrys, an iPod touch, an iPad, my Nexus S and I have little doubt I'll eventually break my Nexus 4 and 7. You are a gentle lover.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #924
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Sneak preview of the new Samsung phone in the background on Fox news!

Apparently those things have a lower resolution than even a normal iPad. The video shows that the entire damn screen can only show 4 tweets at one time!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #925
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Just curious, what is your "plan B" if you cancel? Wait until stock levels come back, or would you consider switching platforms?

I'm just curious if a lack of supply could end up costing Apple customers.
My contract is up November 3rd. I will wait until that day and then call again to get back in line for a 5S, minus the $40 early cancellation fee. If the Nexus 5 comes out before they ship the phone and I like what I see, I would be willing to drop the money on it and choose a new carrier for a cheap plan if Rogers can't do anything interesting for me.

When I look at what apps I use regularly, I wouldn't be missing too much switching from iOS to Android. I've invested quite a bit in iOS gaming over the last few years, but I don't use them often enough for it to be a major consideration.

Last edited by Mazrim; 10-09-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Mazrim is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #926
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...d-are-paid-for

"Only 5% of Monument Valley installs on Android are paid for"

Interesting fact: Only 5% of Monument Valley installs on Android are paid for. 40% on iOS. There’s a sneak peak of data!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:16 PM   #927
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I had an iPhone for the longest time, now I have a note 3 and one plus one and man its way way better. So many qualms about the iOS interface. Android ftw!
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wooohooo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 02:01 AM   #928
remember2004
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Kinda OT here but apple Iphone related. I just didn't want to start a new thread anyways, for all the other iphone users 4,5 6 whatever. Is using lightning cables other then from apple like from ebay cause any damage to the phones? I ask this because I was thinking of ordering a bunch from ebay because their dirt cheap around $2 each compared to the $18 in store or something like that.
remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:00 AM   #929
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Speaking from experience, I had a $2 lightning cable destroy an iPhone 5. Fortunately Apple covered it under warranty. If you are looking for cheap, look at Monoprice as they have Apple certified cables for less.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #930
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

As long as the cable is MFI certified, you should be fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MFi_Program
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote