Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2021, 11:08 AM   #41
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Win it for the snek!
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 11:10 AM   #42
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

sorry to hear that bingo........

huge 4 point game tonight. the flames have the revenge factor, but will it be enough
Old 01-26-2021, 11:14 AM   #43
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chucky.....you're a villain. Embrace it. You are the Rat King.

All Hail the Rat King!

Now. Lets destroy some Leafs.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:17 AM   #44
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I think the offence finally gets going tonight, with at least 4.
Last game was the first time in 18 regular season games that the Flames had not scored 3 goals or more. Time to start a new streak.
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowlord For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 11:20 AM   #45
Freddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Mangiapane will have a 3 point game in a dominant Flames win tonight!
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:21 AM   #46
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

All hail rat king!
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 11:21 AM   #47
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
It's going to be interesting to watch Lucic this season. He looks like he's lost a step, or is trying to do too much?

If you break it down he's had two miserable games and two decent games by the metrics. The interesting point, as many have mentioned is the two horrible games came with Nordstrom on the other side.

Nordstrom doesn't have the two good games ... just the two bad, so the inkling would be he's the heaviest anchor, but yeah they should split them up and see.

If Lucic starts going in and out of the lineup you have to wonder what he does. My thought is always why would a guy retire when he has money coming, but he hinted he was thinking of just that under Peters.

His xgf% game log ...
at Wpg 6%
vs Vcr 53%
vs Vcr 77%
vs Tor 10%
I think Lucic just needs time to get going and into a rhythm.

I thought he looked fine against Vancouver after the Winnipeg game. Then a big 5 days off and he was rusty again.

He didn't start off well last year and got better as the season went on and was one of our best players in the playoffs.

This kind of arc is not uncommon for big power forwards. Even Iggy was affected by this.

I'm fine with the team managing Lucic's ice time during the regular season. He doesn't need to play every game or get a lot of ice time when he does play, but they should manage it so that he does get into a nice rhythm.

He's going to be valuable in the playoffs.

In fact, I bet he will have a big impact in the 3 games coming up against the Habs. They have some big guys and Lucic has always played well against them. Actually, tonight, it'd do him some good to smash Bogosian or Simmonds around.

Last edited by 868904; 01-26-2021 at 11:25 AM.
868904 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 868904 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 11:26 AM   #48
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1354133009390297089
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 11:27 AM   #49
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 01-26-2021, 11:28 AM   #50
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
All hail rat king!
Mouthguard Gnawing Rat King!

Even as a fan that mouthguard chewing pisses me off! lol
Old 01-26-2021, 11:29 AM   #51
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!

need to make some maple fudge for the game tonight... you know... you need to eat your competition!

Spoiler!
Old 01-26-2021, 11:32 AM   #52
FlamesAreOne
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

@FriedgeHNIC

TOR coach Sheldon Keefe says Jack Campbell is out "weeks' with a leg injury, making Michael Hutchinson the backup. Travis Dermott will be a healthy scratch vs CAL, his first in more than two years.
FlamesAreOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:35 AM   #53
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAreOne View Post
@FriedgeHNIC

TOR coach Sheldon Keefe says Jack Campbell is out "weeks' with a leg injury, making Michael Hutchinson the backup. Travis Dermott will be a healthy scratch vs CAL, his first in more than two years.
Tkachuk is amazing! Lands on a guy's head so perfectly that it gives him a leg injury. The guy is a menace!
Enoch Root is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 11:36 AM   #54
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's going to be interesting to watch Lucic this season. He looks like he's lost a step, or is trying to do too much?

If you break it down he's had two miserable games and two decent games by the metrics. The interesting point, as many have mentioned is the two horrible games came with Nordstrom on the other side.

Nordstrom doesn't have the two good games ... just the two bad, so the inkling would be he's the heaviest anchor, but yeah they should split them up and see.

If Lucic starts going in and out of the lineup you have to wonder what he does. My thought is always why would a guy retire when he has money coming, but he hinted he was thinking of just that under Peters.
I think the honeymoon period with him has come to an end. Last season he was living off the adrenaline of the big trade coming into a new situation to a new team. He was bringing a role to a team that desperately needed a player like that, in exchange for a useless player in Neal. Now he's got that anchor contract slowly creeping as a target on his back once again and you even read it on CP; the fanbase is slowly turning on him. Doesn't help that he's a year older and a bit slower that goes along with it.

As you said, he was considering retiring under Peters and with that on the back of his mind if makes one wonder just where his mindset is. By all accounts he's a great dude and hopefully it's just a matter of him getting his feet under him. But slow power-forward guys in their mid 30s are a tale as old as time itself; banking on them to regain their form is a fool's errand.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:42 AM   #55
howard_the_duck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

With Looch, it's a grind on the wall game or nothing.

He can't skate. Can't stickhandle. Can't shoot. He's limited to power on the wall, live in front of the net.

He can work with players that have a speed game and play tenaciously, but otherwise he's just so exposed.
howard_the_duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:43 AM   #56
SnipeShow
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Tkachuk is amazing! Lands on a guy's head so perfectly that it gives him a leg injury. The guy is a menace!
I only know of one leg with a head on it but I didn't see Tkachuk go any where near there. I'm sure the leafs fans have some slow mo videos to prove me wrong

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
SnipeShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:45 AM   #57
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard_the_duck View Post
With Looch, it's a grind on the wall game or nothing.

He can't skate. Can't stickhandle. Can't shoot. He's limited to power on the wall, live in front of the net.

He can work with players that have a speed game and play tenaciously, but otherwise he's just so exposed.
Yep, this.

The puck should not touch his stick until it is in the corner of the offensive zone.

Win board battles in both zones, get to the net. Playing him with Nordstrom gives Lucic (or Nordstrom) far too many touches in the defensive/neutral zone.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:50 AM   #58
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 11:51 AM   #59
loob job
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, the leaf fans here in Toronto and all over the radio are going on about how Tkachuk laid on him and caused the injury. He clearly hurt it kicking his leg out about 10 seconds before that because he couldn't even get up after trying to make that save. Leaf fans drive me nuts.
loob job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #60
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

His xgf% game log ...
at Wpg 6%
vs Vcr 53%
vs Vcr 77%
vs Tor 10%
As much as I love Looch I hope he retires after this season.

If he was making a fraction of what he is I would never say this but that cap space could be better spent on a RWer who could play in the top 6.

If he comes back strong and plays well in his role that will work too but man that cap hit is rough.
SeanCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeanCharles For This Useful Post: