Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-05-2021, 08:10 AM   #3001
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Aren't you a Broncos fan? Seems kind of odd that you would start talking any trash. I just made a comment that Pederson is one of the worst coaches to ever win a Super Bowl and I think I'm not far off there. rube brought out the excuses and I have a good enough memory to know he's kicked the Raiders here plenty of times when they are down. Turnabout is fair play is it not?
I just want everyone to have fun. You’re right the Broncos have had a few down years. It has been nice getting to watch them win three separate super bowls in multiple decades during my lifetime though. One was very recently. It was pretty cool.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:22 AM   #3002
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was fun watching the Raiders win two separate Super Bowls in my lifetime as well. BTW the Broncos current playoff drought is longer than the Raiders.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 01-05-2021 at 08:24 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:24 AM   #3003
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I apologize, I honestly had no idea you were so old. I shouldn’t antagonize the elderly and that’s my bad.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2021, 08:25 AM   #3004
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a problem Jr. If anything you can learn that just because you saw your team win a championship at a young age never assume it will be the norm or happen again. As a Flames and Raiders fan I know this well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2021, 09:24 AM   #3005
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyway Pederson has his flaws, but he's certainly better than a good 10 active coaches, including a couple who made the playoffs this year. It's also worth remembering the Eagles have been utterly decimated by injuries the past few years, and while the NFC East has been dog caca he's still managed to squeeze out two playoff years out of the last three. Not saying he's Belichick or anything, but he's far closer to being a mid-tier coach who overachieved than one of the worst coaches in the league.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:25 AM   #3006
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Oh my god poor Browns. You make the playoffs and your HC is out for Covid protocols. Classic.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:27 AM   #3007
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly shouldn't the Browns just rack up the COVID count like the Ravens and Titans did to get their games delayed? I'm cool with a Tuesday night playoff game.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:41 AM   #3008
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow that Browns news is terrible. That said Stefanski can still aid in the game planning remotely and simply won't be on the field for game day. Makes it more of a challenge but not impossible as long as Priefer doesn't make any bonehead decisions during the game.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:49 AM   #3009
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
I apologize, I honestly had no idea you were so old. I shouldn’t antagonize the elderly and that’s my bad.
Careful now. He might get out of his car.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2021, 10:20 AM   #3010
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good memory there rube!
Old 01-05-2021, 11:38 AM   #3011
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think Pederson has been great this year, but the offensive line argument definitely stands. The Eagles have started the highest number of offensive line combinations in NFL history by a country mile. That's just a statistically true fact.

Now Pederson could have alleviated some of the problems by calling more runs, rolling the QB out more, etc., but offensive line injuries almost always sink teams.

As far as Agholor goes, I'm not really sure who you put that on. I don't think you can blame Doug for the drops or an inability to track balls. I haven't watched the Raiders this year, but maybe the change of scenery was all he needed.

On the flip side of that, Pederson made Nick Foles look like a competent starting NFL QB in both 2017 and 2018, something he clearly isn't.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #3012
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

First of all I never said he was amongst the worst coaches in the NFL just one of the worst to win a Super Bowl in the company of Switzer, Billick, Ditka, Gruden, etc. I will give you the OL argument but the Redskins won the division with Dwayne Haskins starting 6 games and the Eagles were the only team in the division to have their starting QB available to them all season despite a leaky OL. He simply did a poor job this season as it's his job to get the most out of Wentz and he didn't do that. Maybe Wentz is done and a bust which I certainly won't argue with but when QB's fail usually the coach plays a role in some capacity.

As for Agholor he has no issues tracking balls and actually made some really difficult catches so maybe it was a career season or maybe the offense wasn't a fit for his skills as the Raiders primarily used him to stretch the field kind of in the manner they envisioned Ruggs would or will one day. I did watch enough Eagles games to see him play poorly there so I will chalk that up to a change of scenery and a better fit adding to his confidence. That said I don't want the Raiders overpaying him in free agency as overpaying guys that come off career seasons rarely ends well.

As for Foles I think he's one of those inconsistent pocket passers that needs everything perfectly in place to have success. I think Reich figured out how to put those things in place and Pederson simply used the same blueprint in 2018.
Old 01-05-2021, 05:41 PM   #3013
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Cleveland Rocks!

#Browns# WR Rashard Higgins cited for drag racing this morning by Westlake Police. The team is aware of the incident.

If #Browns# Baker Mayfield is deemed a close contact and is unable to go Sunday, let’s not forget that Case Keenum led the #Vikings to the NFC Championship game in 2018

@brownsdispatch
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:23 PM   #3014
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
First of all I never said he was amongst the worst coaches in the NFL just one of the worst to win a Super Bowl in the company of Switzer, Billick, Ditka, Gruden, etc. I will give you the OL argument but the Redskins won the division with Dwayne Haskins starting 6 games and the Eagles were the only team in the division to have their starting QB available to them all season despite a leaky OL. He simply did a poor job this season as it's his job to get the most out of Wentz and he didn't do that. Maybe Wentz is done and a bust which I certainly won't argue with but when QB's fail usually the coach plays a role in some capacity.

As for Agholor he has no issues tracking balls and actually made some really difficult catches so maybe it was a career season or maybe the offense wasn't a fit for his skills as the Raiders primarily used him to stretch the field kind of in the manner they envisioned Ruggs would or will one day. I did watch enough Eagles games to see him play poorly there so I will chalk that up to a change of scenery and a better fit adding to his confidence. That said I don't want the Raiders overpaying him in free agency as overpaying guys that come off career seasons rarely ends well.

As for Foles I think he's one of those inconsistent pocket passers that needs everything perfectly in place to have success. I think Reich figured out how to put those things in place and Pederson simply used the same blueprint in 2018.
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:26 PM   #3015
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Saints-Bears being broadcast on Nickelodeon will be interesting, just to watch the QB getting slimed after interceptions. Nickelodeon, what??? Maybe they just want to prepare kids at a young age for how rough life can be, by making them witness whatever creative, excruciating way the Saints lose playoff games.

Its also being broadcast on CBS, which is also interesting..has CBS ever covered an NFC vs NFC game before?
Oh God. Mitch may drown
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DropIt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2021, 10:31 PM   #3016
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
As for Nickelodeon, it's only via the NFL app, and has a Spongebob pregame show and different announcers.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cbs-sports-...me-nickelodeon
Hahaha that's hilarious... If the game gets really frustrating, I may just reach for the jazz cabbage and watch the Nickelodeon feed.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:51 PM   #3017
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Well, you seem to be assuming that Goff will start, which is looking less and less likely. If he doesn't, well, come on, surely this year's Seahawks couldn't lose a game to a team with a backup quarterback playing, even if that opponent does have a solid defense. Especially after they got their pass rush figured out in the middle of the season.

... Wait a minute.

Not too concerned about the defence this time around, unless Adams doesn't play at all.

It's the deer in the headlights look that Wilson gets when his cooking is subpar within a game. It's hard to fault him, given the record, but the losses they had were very ugly on offense...thankfully that MVP talk dried up quickly after some terrible games and he got back down to earth as a result. Moreso, I think it meant he listened to the coaches more as a result, as opposed to thinking and being told by everyone that he was invincible for the first two months of the season.

And the Rams still have an excellent defense which disrupts with their pass rush and a solid secondary.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 03:53 AM   #3018
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

you have to feel for Texans fans. Jack Easterby basically going against all the GM candidates they had, just to hire his buddy Nick Caserio. I wouldn't even be shocked if they hired Josh McDaniels now. It really is a shame that Deshaun Watsons talents are wasted there.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:41 AM   #3019
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
you have to feel for Texans fans. Jack Easterby basically going against all the GM candidates they had, just to hire his buddy Nick Caserio. I wouldn't even be shocked if they hired Josh McDaniels now. It really is a shame that Deshaun Watsons talents are wasted there.
It’s just business as usual for the Texans, they’ve proven to be a poorly run organization and the trend just continues. Caserio and (potentially) McDaniels aren’t necessarily bad hires, but it sure makes it look like the organization learned nothing from the BOB debacle.

Hopefully I’m wrong and Caserio breaks away from the NE tree and decides to surround himself with the best talent possible.
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:25 AM   #3020
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I suppose he thinks the best path to winning is to continue to hire from the Belichick tree despite that not being a fruitful venture for other teams. The Patriots haven't exactly been a great drafting team over the years, just look at their failure over the last decade to find a decent WR so to me at least this is a pretty underwhelming hire when you consider how Bob Quinn bombed and Scott Pioli had a sub-.500 run in KC. Maybe one day the league will come to the conclusion that the Patriots success was largely due to two men but it's apparently going to take a few more failures.

Tags
covid xix