Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2018, 01:42 AM   #2181
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just finished season 2 of Dirk Gently. I enjoyed season 1 a lot better simply because it was darker and more mysterious.
Stud_McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:00 AM   #2182
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really enjoying Manhunt Unabomber, but holy crap is Stan a terrible "character". I'm quite intrigued to read a book or two on the actual Unabomber investigation to see if he's as terrible an FBI agent as this show is portraying him to be.

And I also really don't like Sam Worthington as an actor in this show. Not that he is mis-cast or something, but I don't like his acting at all.

Good show all around however.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:16 AM   #2183
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
I'm really enjoying Manhunt Unabomber, but holy crap is Stan a terrible "character". I'm quite intrigued to read a book or two on the actual Unabomber investigation to see if he's as terrible an FBI agent as this show is portraying him to be.

And I also really don't like Sam Worthington as an actor in this show. Not that he is mis-cast or something, but I don't like his acting at all.

Good show all around however.
You have to wonder if the person watches the show and is just seething at his portrayal, because they really raked him over the coals on that one.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2018, 11:22 AM   #2184
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_McCool View Post
Just finished season 2 of Dirk Gently. I enjoyed season 1 a lot better simply because it was darker and more mysterious.
I also preferred season 1. Still, I liked that season two was different and not a total rehash. It's a shame the show got cancelled because I thought it was very fresh and had a lot of possibility.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:38 AM   #2185
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wynonna Earp popped up not too long ago so I added it to my list. I'm 4 episodes in now, and I'm not entirely sure what I think of it. Let's just say it's growing on me with each episode.

The camp factor is 8 out of 10, and there are some truly awful acting performances (Dominique Provost-Chalkley/Waverly Earp), but so far the monster-of-the-week and overarching storyline have been entertaining enough. It's refreshing that the show is a little tongue in cheek considering how it comes off.

As a bonus it is set in the Canadian Rockies and shot around Calgary/Springbank. Didsbury is the stand-in for the main setting of the fictional town Purgatory. Tons of recognizable scenery.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:21 PM   #2186
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just watched a little bit of making a murderer, already saw it of course, but just wanted to watch a couple episodes of it. I still can't believe that this miscarriage of Justice has been allowed to stand. I know, super hot take right?

By the way, is there ever a better representation on screen ever of the old adage "never talk to the police"? Never talk to the police
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #2187
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Norm MacDonald did an AMA on Reddit and said that he's in talks with Netflix to do a talk show. I'm praying this happens.

It's a great AMA, as you would expect. There's at least one joke you need to see that I can't repeat here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...my_reddit_ama/
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2018, 11:45 PM   #2188
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Do not watch Open House.

It is so, so, sososososososo bad.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:02 AM   #2189
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Most of our Netflix content has the audio and the video out of sync. Sometimes it's horrible, sometimes not too bad. Anyone else?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:05 AM   #2190
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've never had a problem.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:08 AM   #2191
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Most of our Netflix content has the audio and the video out of sync. Sometimes it's horrible, sometimes not too bad. Anyone else?
Nope. Are you using a device through a receiver (like Apple TV) or is it straight through your TV?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:01 AM   #2192
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Nope. Are you using a device through a receiver (like Apple TV) or is it straight through your TV?
I'm not a heavy viewer, but I haven't noticed any issues like that. Like Erick asks - what sort of device(s) are you using it on, and do you have any special audio steps in between?
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:25 AM   #2193
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think I have had it happen once a long time ago, but it was not a Hollywood release or anything special so I figured it was just the specific content.

Do you have any specific examples of this happening? Are you watching the content with dubbed audio or anything? Does the amount of lag between the audio and video change over the course of watching it?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #2194
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh great, Rogers must have acquired Netflix.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:09 PM   #2195
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Oh great, Rogers must have acquired Netflix.
Rogers? I thought that was just a Shaw thing?
Old 01-30-2018, 12:19 PM   #2196
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Rogers? I thought that was just a Shaw thing?
Nope, happened plenty of times on Telus too.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:24 PM   #2197
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
I'm not a heavy viewer, but I haven't noticed any issues like that. Like Erick asks - what sort of device(s) are you using it on, and do you have any special audio steps in between?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I think I have had it happen once a long time ago, but it was not a Hollywood release or anything special so I figured it was just the specific content.

Do you have any specific examples of this happening? Are you watching the content with dubbed audio or anything? Does the amount of lag between the audio and video change over the course of watching it?
No dubbed audio and it happens to varying degrees on most content. Mine runs through Apple TV and the wife's runs through a device, too, but I don't know which and I can't ask her now. The amount of lag seems constant. Is this because it's running through a device and we have to tolerate it?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:46 PM   #2198
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

You don't have to tolerate it. I run Netflix through AppleTV, PS4, Samsung Smart TV, iOS apps and browsers and don't experience any lag.

If you're connecting the devices to the internet via wifi, you might want to check it out for lag.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #2199
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

How is your audio set up? I was having a similar problem with my cable box when I ran it through my receiver first and then to the TV; when I ran it directly to the TV and had the TV audio go to the receiver the problem went away.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:07 PM   #2200
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've run it through several Apple TV's as well as smart TV's and I've never had issues with lag with regular or 4K content. Is the audio going through HDMI from the Apple TV directly into your TV or switching receiver?