Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2018, 07:52 PM   #581
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
My theory is using the centipede on Talbot is what causes the world to shatter. Simmons description of what the centipede did sounded like it would lead to it being out of control.

And that would have Yoyo's advice of don't "try" to save Coulson meaning don't look for the centipede syrum would be true. Along with Colson being the one to put everything back together from the seer.

I think its the combination of the Caterpiller the DNA and that Kree nut job formula.

The problem is that they give it to him and he goes berzerker mode and that's when he destroys the world before he dies.

I can't believe the season is coming to an end, this whole story line right from day one has been terrific.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:26 PM   #582
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Inifinity War Spoiler

Spoiler!
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:56 PM   #583
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
Inifinity War Spoiler

Spoiler!

I firmly believe

Spoiler!

Old 05-14-2018, 07:56 AM   #584
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I doin't like Yoyo. Who knows how many loops she's been in, and she knows it, and when she meets past Yoyo she couldn't be specific? "Do/Don't give the serum to Coulson" "Talbot is the destroyer of worlds, not the young blonde" "that one agent betrayed you and you lose your arms" like she's lived this, she should know what to say. Instead it's "Hold Mac while you still can." I feel like this season would have ran a lot more smoothly for them if she could communicate better.
To CaptainCrunch:
Spoiler!

Infinity War Spoiler
Spoiler!
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:39 AM   #585
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I know, but I was having fun with the Deke thing.

I think that when old Yoyo met young YoYo she was pretty much traumatized and think of how boring it would have been if YoYo had the whole road map to the end of the world.

Robyn clearly knows the different courses of history and how things play out, but again if she wasn't damaged this would be a boring season.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:51 AM   #586
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

How is Yo-Yo alive in the future? Even Robin is an old woman. She'd already be in her mid 30s to early 40s.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:35 AM   #587
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

IIRC Kassius kept killing her and bringing her back when he needed her.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #588
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, not too long from "now" she hears about a chance to take out Kassius and goes to kill him. She fails, is killed and kept on ice because of her Inhuman DNA. Revived when it's needed.

Kree had the ability to bring back the dead seen through Coulson and that one future person that Deke seemed to like.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:54 PM   #589
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's official, renewed for season 6
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/agen...bc-1202803343/
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2018, 01:05 PM   #590
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

13 episode season, so I expect it will start up in the new year so they can time it with the release of Infinity War 2.

I was hoping for a full season, but I'll take this.

Now I can relax and watch the season finale.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:46 PM   #591
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
13 episode season, so I expect it will start up in the new year so they can time it with the release of Infinity War 2.

I was hoping for a full season, but I'll take this.

Now I can relax and watch the season finale.
It's like 50% of the season just disappeared. I wonder how....

Great to hear its coming back, even if it is a short season.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to belsarius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #592
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belsarius View Post
It's like 50% of the season just disappeared. I wonder how....

Great to hear its coming back, even if it is a short season.
Sad thing is when these shows move to a shorter season, it's usually going to wrap up after that.

Now AoS is saved, hopefully the Expanse gets picked up.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #593
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Sad thing is when these shows move to a shorter season, it's usually going to wrap up after that.

Now AoS is saved, hopefully the Expanse gets picked up.

I think that the intent was to let the show wrap up its story, its the same with Gotham who announced that they would get one final season.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:43 PM   #594
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm still holding out for it happening mid action sequence that would be the way to end a TV season.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:51 PM   #595
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm just hoping that they don't dissolve Talbot mid evil plot, that would be a cop out.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #596
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So more on the renewal, be prepared to wait a while for next year as AOS is going to be a summer series. So they're going to do it like they did with Agent Carter (I really have to watch that one again someday)

http://deadline.com/2018/05/marvels-...bc-1202391470/

Also, not necessarily the last season, if it does well in that slot they'll be more seasons. What saved the show is how well it does on delayed viewing.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #597
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
So more on the renewal, be prepared to wait a while for next year as AOS is going to be a summer series. So they're going to do it like they did with Agent Carter (I really have to watch that one again someday)

http://deadline.com/2018/05/marvels-...bc-1202391470/

Also, not necessarily the last season, if it does well in that slot they'll be more seasons. What saved the show is how well it does on delayed viewing.
Interesting. If they are planning on season 6 after Avengers 4 then it is conceivable that every Agent of Shield could deal with IW ramifications in the season finale. I am a little disappointed because I was really excited to see how the "average joe" deals with the aftermath of Thanos.

I am not surprised at the delayed viewing numbers, Friday night timeslot isn't exactly prime TV viewing.

I wonder how it affects budget. Are they going to try to spend the same on less episodes to increase the overall quality again? In some ways I think the lower effects budget have really put the onus on the writers and it has paid off huge in this last season. I have loved the pacing and the dialogue but I am starting to wear a little on the Lighthouse.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #598
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Interesting. If they are planning on season 6 after Avengers 4 then it is conceivable that every Agent of Shield could deal with IW ramifications in the season finale. I am a little disappointed because I was really excited to see how the "average joe" deals with the aftermath of Thanos.

They could still do that in a way. They could basically disintegrate a bunch of Shield members in the season finale and then start up the summer show with the immediate after math. I've got to think that with half the worlds population gone that the world really isn't going to be that good. So Shield would have to deal with that.

I've also got a feeling that
Spoiler!

Quote:
I am not surprised at the delayed viewing numbers, Friday night timeslot isn't exactly prime TV viewing.

I wonder how it affects budget. Are they going to try to spend the same on less episodes to increase the overall quality again? In some ways I think the lower effects budget have really put the onus on the writers and it has paid off huge in this last season. I have loved the pacing and the dialogue but I am starting to wear a little on the Lighthouse.

Hopefully they boost the budget, some of the effects when they've spent the money have been really good. But yeah, the lighthouse made things pretty claustrophobic, which works.

you know who I'd love to see next year is Oswald Patton returning as a full time member as one surviving brother

Coulson disintegrates and Billy becomes the Director of Shield

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2018, 10:38 PM   #599
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I've been rewatching Shield from season one. But one thing hit me tonight, I'm in the middle of Season 3 where Ward comes back as Hive. But they have an episode where Talbot is named the head of the ATCU. In his first mission with Coulson he betrays him to Hydra because Hydra snatched his son.

So here's what's neat. In the opening scene Talbot is dropping his wife off at the airport and she's upset and Talbot says "I can fix this". Then halfway through when Coulson learns that Talbot's son is a hostage of Hydra, Coulson tells Talbot that he can fix this.

It was an interesting bit of foreshadowing.

I want to look at the seasons so far and kind of rank them

So here we go

1) Agents of Shield Season 4 - This season splits between Ghost Rider and Aida and the Frame work. A really strong season with great acting. Mallory Jensen was awesome as Lady Hydra and AIDA. Still had one of the saddest death scenes in the series as she was never prepared understand emotions. Seeing Fitz as the completely evil driven number 2 in Hydra was foreshadowing for later

2) Season 1 - The series started slowly, but picked up halfway through when Hydra came into play. Still one of my favorite moments and I stole it while playing that spy game here on CalgaryPuck when Hydra sent the message "Out of the Darkness and into the light, Hail Hydra". The late Bill Paxton was terrific as the villain, and Wards betrayal was so well done, especially when he tried to kill FitzSimmons.

3) Season 3 - The Inhuman threat, we had so many neat stories. The search for Simmons. The murder of Ward by Coulson and his return as Hive. There was lots of dire circumstances in this season and the performances were really strong. They could have done a bit better with the Hive effect. But Ward/Hive was menacing and creepy

4) Season 2 - The inhuman war - With Shield being a renegade organization and the inhuman threat including Daisy transforming to Quake, this could have been a cool season. But it just didn't work. Daisy's father as played by Kyle MacLachan was a highlight. But Daisy's mother as played by Dichen Lachman just really didn't work. The ending was really well done with the fish oil. But the season felt flat

5) Season 5 - Don't panic. this is probably the best season of shield competing with season 4, but I want to see how it ends. As was pointed out brilliantly before, the cut in the budgets really forced the writers to bring their A game.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2018, 09:59 PM   #600
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Ok, before I slap on the obligatory spoiler tags, I have to say, I'm kind of saddened that I'm writing a review of Agents of Shield for the last time for about a year. I've enjoyed writing them, and I know that sometimes I'm kinda random in my writing (Thank you 9 concussions over my lifetime), but I really love putting my thoughts down on paper . . or electrons and I really appreciate the fact that people read it, debate it, and hopefully enjoy it (Look at me tonight getting all kinds of mushy.

But here we go

Spoiler!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 05-18-2018 at 10:07 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: