Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2020, 10:52 PM   #1141
Yobbo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post

These media hacks are oiler teat suckling twats.
Yep.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:54 PM   #1142
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame On View Post
And going from Big Save Dave to Can't Save Squat Scott doesn't help.
This is One-Off Dave.

Nothing to see here. Goalies dont expect to go back in after getting the hook and surely wouldnt be in a good frame of mind if they had to. Weird/s####y situation.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #1143
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame On View Post
And going from Big Save Dave to Can't Save Squat Scott doesn't help.
Nm

Last edited by DeluxeMoustache; 02-02-2020 at 11:06 AM.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:06 AM   #1144
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abatedmean View Post
I have lost all my respect for Lucic tonight. I dont want to see him in the flames jersey again.
Yeah Flames fans for the most part have been pretty accepting of him despite the terrible contract, simply from the needed jam he showed early in the season. But in heated games like this if he's completely unwilling to get physical, then he serves no purpose.

We frankly have no choice but to give him the opportunity to make up for it down the road when they play again if the game turns ugly, but after that showing over the weekend, I'm pretty much done with that guy at present. I've liked him all year too, despite the numbers.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:08 AM   #1145
Abatedmean
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Yeah Flames fans for the most part have been pretty accepting of him despite the terrible contract, simply from the needed jam he showed early in the season. But in heated games like this if he's completely unwilling to get physical, then he serves no purpose.

We frankly have no choice but to give him the opportunity to make up for it down the road when they play again if the game turns ugly, but after that showing over the weekend, I'm pretty much done with that guy at present. I've liked him all year too, despite the numbers.
Can't agree more. I have been a fan of him all year. Liking the way he plays and porbably turning a blind eye to many of his flaws just so that contract wouldnt be that bad. But when it looks like he still has allegiance to his old team, thats what really pissed me off about him. If you still wanna play their terminate your contract and go sign there for league minimum.
Abatedmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:16 AM   #1146
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep, meanwhile our goalie from last year is at centre ice at the Dome looking to fight Flames (though admittedly Talbot wasn't here when Smith was). Makes it extra frustrating about Lucic.

I actually wonder how much the former teammates factor plays into Lucic shying away from that stuff.. I'm sure it does to an extent, but I know quite a few Oiler fans (extended family mostly), and him shying away from that stuff was one of their complaints when he was an Oiler too. He may just not want to do that stuff anymore at his age.. which, when you already can't score anymore, means you are done as an NHLer. Dude's literally just playing for his contract.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote