Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2018, 02:43 PM   #261
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
No custom design. But $499 - so you get the game for free I think.

EDIT: Here: https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/756...ps4-pro-bundle
Says release date December 31, 2018 on the EB site, that seems like a long time after RDR2 release. (Oct 26)
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:58 PM   #262
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Almost certainly a placeholder I would assume, lol.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:19 PM   #263
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sony's Facebook says October 26th.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:53 PM   #264
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I finished the story of Spider-man and damn was it good. Storywise it's up there with some of the best on PS4. That ending is great.

Make sure you sit through the credits for two scenes. (or just hop on YouTube and find them).
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 06:05 PM   #265
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Hah, I waited forever for that game to go on sale, it did, I bought it, went home and put it into my PS4... which immediately went to BLOD. That was a while ago, I only this weekend got around to taking it in to see if it could be fixed. So yeah, I'm still waiting to play that.
The game is definitely worth getting your PS4 fixed just so you can play it. The main storyline is really, really good. Side quests can be a bit boring/formulaic, but there is lots to love about the game.

I do recommend not spending too much time in the starting area. I was finding the game pretty boring because I tried to clear everything in the Nora territory before moving on, and that was a mistake I think, because the game really picks up once you start exploring the larger world. If you're the kind of person who can't have sidequests unfinished in your quest log, you can always go back and finish them later. Getting into the meat of the main storyline is how you come to love this game.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:07 PM   #266
SoulOfTheFlame
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
^ Yup. I only played one Telltale game (Guardians of the Galaxy) and it had cool moments but was mostly just boring.
Damn. You guys are cold! Just invite you to please remember that there's over 100 people who probably worked 60+ hours a week for years with no OT pay who just lost their jobs with no severance. One of them was a friend of mine. This had also happened to me multiple times during my career.

The studio was not closed because of the quality of their games, they might not be your cup of tea, but a large number of people loved them. They were closed because they made bad deals with the ips, and ending up making their partners a lot of money.

This is pretty much the games industry in a nutshell. Blood sweat and tears to make other people richer. Then get fired the instant they don't need you. In this case (and countless others) without severance.

Brands don't make games. People make games.

SoulOfTheFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:47 PM   #267
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sure this has been covered already but is anyone playing Sea of Thieves? Looks fun but not sure how much holding power it has.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:38 PM   #268
Captain Hair
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Don't think this was mentioned anywhere else here, but... LOL at Sony for caving in.

https://www.neowin.net/news/sony-fin...w-in-open-beta

Quote:
Now, in an unexpected turn of events, Sony has gone ahead and started an open beta program for cross-platform play, letting PlayStation 4 owners play against those using an Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. The feature is initially available exclusively in Fortnite, and Sony says it will only allow it for select titles, but it's a step forward nonetheless.
Captain Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:19 AM   #269
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Pathfinder Kingmaker is available now:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...der_Kingmaker/

Quote:
Pathfinder: Kingmaker is the first isometric party-based computer RPG set in the Pathfinder fantasy universe. Enjoy a classic RPG experience inspired by games like Baldur's Gate, Fallout 1 and 2 and Arcanum. Explore and conquer the Stolen Lands and make them your kingdom

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/pathfinder-kingmaker
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:21 AM   #270
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll probably play that just out of pure BG nostalgia, but I'm waiting to hear if the story's any good.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:31 PM   #271
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
Don't think this was mentioned anywhere else here, but... LOL at Sony for caving in.

https://www.neowin.net/news/sony-fin...w-in-open-beta
They want that Season 6 Battle Pass money to be coming through the Playstation Store instead of PC, Switch, or Xbox.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:28 PM   #272
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I'm sure this has been covered already but is anyone playing Sea of Thieves? Looks fun but not sure how much holding power it has.
I play it off and on as a change of pace from my main staple of games. If you have friends that play, its much more enjoyable. If you have Xbox Game Pass or can get a good deal on it I would recommend picking it up. It is visually beautiful.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 03:05 PM   #273
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, having friends to play with would make it more fun, no doubt. Unfortunatley I have no gaming friends. Trying to pull my brother out of retirement and maybe get my g/f on it too.

Did manage to get it at the discounted price so for $50, was willing to throw the dice on it. Reminds me a bit of TF2 just not so death matchy.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:22 PM   #274
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I finished the story of Spider-man and damn was it good. Storywise it's up there with some of the best on PS4. That ending is great.

Make sure you sit through the credits for two scenes. (or just hop on YouTube and find them).

Spoiler!
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 07:38 PM   #275
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Forza Horizon 4 is a great game. I was worried because FM7 is seriously flawed, but they continue to get the Hotizon series right.

The demo has run flawlessly for me so far and they’ve improved the performance quite a bit. I averaged over 100fps on the benchmark (1080ti 1440p) with everything maxed.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:27 AM   #276
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
The game is definitely worth getting your PS4 fixed just so you can play it. The main storyline is really, really good. Side quests can be a bit boring/formulaic, but there is lots to love about the game.
Sadly, apparently it's not repairable. It's junk. I'll probably get a new one eventually.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:47 PM   #277
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I'll probably play that just out of pure BG nostalgia, but I'm waiting to hear if the story's any good.
Or you can simply play the updated version of BG called Divinity Original Sin 2.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:24 PM   #278
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

The epitome of first world problems, but it's kind of annoying the two games I'm by far the most excited for in a long time both come out next month: RDR2 and AC: Odyssey. Not really sure how I'm going to proceed with that..

Just a Q for fellow gamers, when you play a new game, do you tend to "stay loyal" with that game during your first play-through? aka do you ONLY play that one game until completion? Or do you bounce back and forth between new titles during your first play-through? I've only ever played the one title, but both these games sound super long. I can't imagine waiting another 6+ months to play either of those titles.

Ohh Ubisoft, you just had to go and pick this history nerd's all-time favourite historical setting the same year R* finally released an RDR sequel didn't you..
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:10 PM   #279
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I generally have a game going on PS4, a game on Switch, and a casual/side-game (which, for the last 3+ years, has been Rocket League). When I get multiple games for one platform I tend to gravitate towards whichever I'm enjoying more and ignore the other one, then when I go back to the other one I've forgot everything about it and just end up giving up on it.

I would bet that if you got both, you'd play and enjoy Assassin's Creed for three weeks, then stop and never play it again once RDR2 comes out. I'd say Assassin's Creed could wait -- it'll probably be half-price by Black Friday anyways.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #280
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. And I'm actually out of the country 2 days before Odyssey comes out and not back until the 18th so it's pretty much only about 10 days before RDR2 comes out. I just don't know how I can ignore Odyssey's existence for a week and a half before RDR haha, I've been so jacked for it.

I don't have any people in my life who play AC, whereas my roommate and another really good buddy are buying RDR on release day (as will lots of CPers I'm sure), it'd be fun to be playing it at the same time as them & you guys and yak about it as we progress. I'll prob play Odyssey for 10 days, then jump to RDR on the 27th and restart Odyssey months later whenever I'm finally done with RDR. I take FOREVER with open world games due to the exploration piece.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote