Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2024, 03:01 PM   #461
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
I firmly believe at this point that England wins the Euros if they leave Kane at home

This is absurd
Im choosing to believe eric dier is the issue
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 03:01 PM   #462
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean it's always fun to mock Kane, but Tuchel going full turtle with at least 15 minutes left cost them the tie. It's Madrid, thinking you are going to just see it out is the peak of naivety.
Old 05-08-2024, 03:03 PM   #463
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bayern got screwed over badly

even if it was offside, it wasnt

Still gotta let it play out
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 03:07 PM   #464
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I mean it's always fun to mock Kane, but Tuchel going full turtle with at least 15 minutes left cost them the tie. It's Madrid, thinking you are going to just see it out is the peak of naivety.
Yep, can’t wait until he’s gone. Madrid is never dead until the whistle blows
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 03:08 PM   #465
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah that's a complete choke by the ref, it's not even close to obviously offside, and is likely onside. Brutal.
Old 05-08-2024, 03:20 PM   #466
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah that's a complete choke by the ref, it's not even close to obviously offside, and is likely onside. Brutal.
Like I said...its been that kind of year.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 03:23 PM   #467
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thing with that play is I don't think the goal happens if it's not called offside.

The Madrid defenders seemed to see the flag up / whistle and clearly stopped playing IMO. Sucks for Bayern and their fans but I'm not sure it's a goal if the flag isn't up and whistle hadn't blown.

The linesman has to keep his flag down there for sure though, and let VAR decide that since it was close. But I'm not certain that's a goal if the flag stays down and whistle didn't blow.

And honestly it's giving Bayern a pass when they choked away the tie in the death.

Is the Joselu sub the greatest sub in the 80th minute onwards ever...has to be close
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2024, 03:40 PM   #468
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Thing with that play is I don't think the goal happens if it's not called offside.

The Madrid defenders seemed to see the flag up / whistle and clearly stopped playing IMO. Sucks for Bayern and their fans but I'm not sure it's a goal if the flag isn't up and whistle hadn't blown.

The linesman has to keep his flag down there for sure though, and let VAR decide that since it was close. But I'm not certain that's a goal if the flag stays down and whistle didn't blow.

And honestly it's giving Bayern a pass when they choked away the tie in the death.

Is the Joselu sub the greatest sub in the 80th minute onwards ever...has to be close
Theres a lot to unpack there, and I do think Bayern got screwed at the end, but that was an end of their own making.

Tuchel's decisions were ridiculous and Bayern were a complete shambles for the last 20 minutes.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 05-08-2024, 03:45 PM   #469
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even had Bayern scored that one they were going to have to survive 30 minutes with basically no attacking options and a gassed team. Probably end up losing anyway. But it's mostly just annoying because there have been instances this year where players got hurt after a fairly obvious offside was allowed to play on until conclusion, but this one that was extremely close was blown right away.
Old 05-08-2024, 03:50 PM   #470
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Even had Bayern scored that one they were going to have to survive 30 minutes with basically no attacking options and a gassed team. Probably end up losing anyway. But it's mostly just annoying because there have been instances this year where players got hurt after a fairly obvious offside was allowed to play on until conclusion, but this one that was extremely close was blown right away.
Sure...but man...as a fan, wouldnt that have been fun? That could have been an epic ending as opposed to a blown call.

Old 05-08-2024, 03:53 PM   #471
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh sure. And having Choupo-Moting score the winner so one Stoke legend could outdo another would have been peak comedy. But yeah even though Tuchel turtled, Neuer botching that easy one is still maybe the hardest thing to believe. Maybe the Madrid juju comes through anyway, but never would have thought he'd blow that.
Old 05-08-2024, 03:55 PM   #472
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh sure. And having Choupo-Moting score the winner so one Stoke legend could outdo another would have been peak comedy. But yeah even though Tuchel turtled, Neuer botching that easy one is still maybe the hardest thing to believe. Maybe the Madrid juju comes through anyway, but never would have thought he'd blow that.
True, and I'm a big Neuer fan, but he's also getting a little long in the tooth for a Pro Athlete.

Old 05-08-2024, 03:59 PM   #473
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

The shot looked easy but it also came up very fast off the pitch. The behind the net angle you can see how he was not expecting it to bounce the way it and it hit him in the face.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 08:47 PM   #474
Elkyiv
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Very unusual end to the game with that offside call. You have to let that playout and let VAR determine the offside.

Seeing Neuer make that error feels somehow fitting considering that he appears to be very cocky in his play with the ball.
Elkyiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 03:00 PM   #475
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

No disrespect to Dortmund, they earned it, but we really need a Leverkusen-Madrid final just to see who Satan ultimately chooses. Would also be fun to see Madrid up 6-0 in the 80th, only for Leverkusen to score 9 in 5 minutes, but then Madrid scores 3 more, including a bicycle kick from the halfway line by a blind Vinicius Jr, but then Xabi Alonso goes out and scores a goal that decapitates Courtois for the winner.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 05-09-2024 at 03:05 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 03:02 PM   #476
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

NO FREAKING WAY. Leverkusen do it again. Down 2-0 at the 81 minute. Ends 2-2

Makes for incredibly entertaining football when Roma is pushing for a goal to send the tie to Extra time and Leverkusen is pushing for a goal to extend their streak
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 04:05 PM   #477
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
NO FREAKING WAY. Leverkusen do it again. Down 2-0 at the 81 minute. Ends 2-2

Makes for incredibly entertaining football when Roma is pushing for a goal to send the tie to Extra time and Leverkusen is pushing for a goal to extend their streak
Again, people can moan about Bayern but this season Leverkusen have just been inevitable.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: