Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Playing with Fire: Hockey In the Virtual World
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #221
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

If it would be helpful, I can assume the role of GM for the habs (my second favourite team anyway), leaving the Capitals (who don't draft until 25th) available for either PegCityFlames or kipperfan. This might move things along and give PegCityFlames more time to get up to speed. Let me know what you think.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #222
kipperfan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
If it would be helpful, I can assume the role of GM for the habs (my second favourite team anyway), leaving the Capitals (who don't draft until 25th) available for either PegCityFlames or kipperfan. This might move things along and give PegCityFlames more time to get up to speed. Let me know what you think.
Or, you guys could have just let me take the Habs as I would have picked about 12 hours ago already!

Fyodor Dostoevsky - The Brothers Karamazov
kipperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #223
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That sounds like a good idea. It would be up to Cheerio/Hockey/PlayfulGenius to make the final call but I agree that might move things along for the next few picks.

Edit: 4000 posts

Last edited by Heavy Jack; 08-29-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #224
PlayfulGenius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipperfan View Post
Or, you guys could have just let me take the Habs as I would have picked about 12 hours ago already!
I vote for this

I don't think its unfair to PCF, as they'll be another team available at some point for sure. Let's get Cheerio's opinion.
PlayfulGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PlayfulGenius For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #225
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I'm good with Makarov's idea as well. Anything to get this moving. Thie first couple rounds shouldnt be taking so long.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #226
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok Makarov can have the Habs. Pretty sure Cheerio won't mind as it gets things moving. Then say if PegCity hasn't replied by the time it's his pick we give it to kipperfan.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #227
PlayfulGenius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Ok Makarov can have the Habs. Pretty sure Cheerio won't mind as it gets things moving. Then say if PegCity hasn't replied by the time it's his pick we give it to kipperfan.
OK, I'm in
Old 08-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #228
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Done. Chicago is next.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #229
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Solid pick at 17. Surprised he didn't go higher actually.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #230
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Can someone PM pegcityflames and tell him he has the caps now. If he doesn't reply to anything the team goes to kipperfan
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #231
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Solid pick at 17. Surprised he didn't go higher actually.

^ Yeah, I had another player in mind for my first round pick as Washington because I was pretty sure that Zetterberg would not be available at #25. I had to think about it but Zetterberg, at age 30, for a reasonable cap hit, just seemed like the best choice based on the quality of his play in all three zones, leadership, and experience.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #232
PlayfulGenius
Franchise Player

Exp:

At about this ppoint in the draft, I'd be lookin' at taking a stud D like Shea Weber.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #233
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was surprised by the relative scarcity of bona fide "franchise players" already. No doubt that there are a few left, but not as many as I might have expected.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #234
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

I like the Zetterberg pick. I also liked the Datsyuk, Malkin and Kopitar picks. I have a good idea on who i'm going to pick next. Hopefully he's still on the board by then.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #235
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

BTW I PMed Alan21 advising him that it was his pick next.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #236
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I was surprised by the relative scarcity of bona fide "franchise players" already. No doubt that there are a few left, but not as many as I might have expected.
Franchise forwards yes. There are lots of franchise d-men to pick from.

EDIT: I mean....don't pick d-men. All the d-men remaining suck!

Last edited by Coach; 08-29-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #237
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seriously only one pick so far today. I was hoping to be busy tonight updating rosters.

I know not everyone can be here 24/7 waiting for their turn, but maybe we could do something to make things move quicker.

I think if you are in this pool u should check it out as much as you can and say if it's getting close to your pick PM whoever your next 5 picks or however many. That is if you don't think you will be around for your pick.

I'm thinking things will pick up this evening or at least I'm hoping so.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #238
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Its definitely moving more slowly than I hoped/expected. Hopefully its a case of some people not realizing that the draft had begun and was ongoing. Otherwise, I'm not sure that the excercise is sustainable at this pace.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #239
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think we should start to auto select players for teams that dont show up, because this is going to take forever at this pace.
Beerfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #240
PlayfulGenius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Seriously only one pick so far today. I was hoping to be busy tonight updating rosters.

I know not everyone can be here 24/7 waiting for their turn, but maybe we could do something to make things move quicker.

I think if you are in this pool u should check it out as much as you can and say if it's getting close to your pick PM whoever your next 5 picks or however many. That is if you don't think you will be around for your pick.

I'm thinking things will pick up this evening or at least I'm hoping so.
There's no reason why everyone can't send in a list as soon as they notice they're 10 picks or less away... frustrating.