Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-14-2021, 04:02 PM   #2081
Monahammer
Franchise Player
 
Monahammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: St. Albert (Calgary-Jr.)
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
He didn't even seem that worked up.

I mean when these people are protesting in front of hospitals and taking up beds that cause people to have surgery cancelled, yeah they are degenerates.

noun
plural noun: degenerates
/dəˈjen(ə)rət/
an immoral or corrupt person.
"get out of my house, you degenerate!"

verb
3rd person present: degenerates
/dəˈjenəˌrāt/
decline or deteriorate physically, mentally, or morally.

Likely in both senses, it seems!
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:04 PM   #2082
cgy-sk-import
Farm Team Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Exp:
Default

Looks like another 1041 unvaccinated people have Covid (323 fully vaxx'd, and 95 partially vaxxed). Of those 1041, I feel horrible for those that are children who are unable to be vaccinated. Of the remaining, I feel terrible for those that have a severe allergy or some VALID health reason that disallows them from receiving the vaccination, and I wish them a full recovery. Of the remaining, I truly hope you reflect back on your stupidity as you spend nights not being able to breathe and feel like garbage for weeks. No, I don't hope you die because I'm not that way. But, I sure hope you suffer before your recovery and realize that it didn't have to be this way. I D I O T S.
cgy-sk-import is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cgy-sk-import For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 04:04 PM   #2083
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player
 
Bring_Back_Shantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: In my office, at the Ministry of Awesome!
Exp:
Default

I don't know who needs to hear this, but to all the people who were anti lockdown, are anti vax who kept telling us "If you're so afraid of a virus that has a 99% survival rate, stay home. I'm not living in fear"...Well, if you're so afraid of a vaccine that has a (generously understated) 99.99% survival rate, when vaccine passports become mandatory (I'm being very optimistic) then don't get the vaccine and stay home. I'm not living in fear.
__________________
THE SHANTZ WILL RISE AGAIN.
<-----Check the Badge bitches. You want some Awesome, you come to me!
Bring_Back_Shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 04:06 PM   #2084
The Yen Man
Franchise Player
 
The Yen Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Is it childish? That's debatable. But it's a pretty accurate description.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Yen Man For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 04:09 PM   #2085
cgy-sk-import
Farm Team Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Exp:
Default

No, it's not childish. Childish is being unable to receive a life-saving vaccine because you aren't yet 12 years old. That's the unfortunate reality for my CHILDREN.

Not taking a life-saving vaccine because your head is up your a$$ is what we're talking about, and yes, as I said before, in my opinion, no longer qualifies you to participate in society with the REST OF US.
cgy-sk-import is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cgy-sk-import For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 04:10 PM   #2086
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!
 
Torture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Exp:
Default

https://twitter.com/user/status/1437800541807996930

Check out the scales on the graphs.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Torture For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 04:36 PM   #2087
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2004
Exp:
Default

Add Hinshaw to the list of people/institutions that no longer have any credibility when it comes to Covid (Tam, WHO, CDC etc.).
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:42 PM   #2088
InternationalVillager
Backup Goalie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Exp:
Default

I voted for the Liberal party in my riding. Doubt that will make a difference. I've never voted Liberal before. Conservatives support anti-vaxxers and I'm jut not down for that. The single most important thing for the next few years for me is Covid and vaccination rates. All the other items are secondary.

I will be voting NDP in the next provincial election. The UCP have lost my trust and will not get my vote again for a long time.

Am I the only one feeling this way or have other people channeled their anger in this manner? I waited 2 hours to vote for the Liberal party yesterday and the entire time I was just thinking, what a waste to vote Liberal in Calgary yet I was wondering how many others like me were in that line simply and utterly angry.
InternationalVillager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:54 PM   #2089
Wormius
Franchise Player
 
Wormius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere down the crazy river.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Add Hinshaw to the list of people/institutions that no longer have any credibility when it comes to Covid (Tam, WHO, CDC etc.).

While I am irritated by Hinshaw not pushing back on re-opening if she believed it to be the wrong decision, what is the problem with those others?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:10 PM   #2090
topfiverecords
Franchise Player
 
topfiverecords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Overreaction Arena
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
That rhetoric is not helping anyone. And it's childish as hell.
Sorry dad.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 05:13 PM   #2091
Amethyst
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

I defended Dr. Hinshaw for a long time. She has a difficult job dealing with the idiots in government. However, there comes a time, when you can no longer say you just give recommendations to others who make the decisions.

If you are the expert in the room and they are not listening to your recommendations, you need to present them in a different way. If they still won't listen, you need to consider if it's time to step aside and let someone else try.

To almost completely disappear from public for summer, while things get worse and the health system is on the verge of collapse, is not acceptable for someone with such an important role. She needs to resign.
Amethyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:33 PM   #2092
Cappy
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Cappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
You need to calm the #### down.
I donít know if you realize how pissed off fully vaccinated people are. The vast majority of people I know are ####ing furious at this 4 wave and the fact that these scum refuse to get vaccinated for idiotic reasons. I say scum knowing that includes members of my rural Alberta relatives. Because #### them and I refuse to speak to them lest I hear one iota of bull#### from their mouths in between breaths.

I am really interested in what happens this federal election. I had a conservative mp come to my house campaigning the other day and I flat out told him that I probably would have voted for him but I will not vote for a Conservative party while this Kenny band of scum indirectly and waste fully kill people through ineptitude.

He said that his party isnít the UCP but has heard similar sentiments. After reminding him about the NEP and why a liberal provincial government is never viable I told him that if itís an issue his party should take it up with Kenny.

This has gone too long and I am sick of these degenerate scum with their ####ing YouTube phds trying to tell doctors and nurses that they donít know anything or are actively lying.

#### them and I will not come down!
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:31 PM   #2093
Locke
Franchise Player
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Income Tax Central
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
I donít know if you realize how pissed off fully vaccinated people are. The vast majority of people I know are ####ing furious at this 4 wave and the fact that these scum refuse to get vaccinated for idiotic reasons. I say scum knowing that includes members of my rural Alberta relatives. Because #### them and I refuse to speak to them lest I hear one iota of bull#### from their mouths in between breaths.

I am really interested in what happens this federal election. I had a conservative mp come to my house campaigning the other day and I flat out told him that I probably would have voted for him but I will not vote for a Conservative party while this Kenny band of scum indirectly and waste fully kill people through ineptitude.

He said that his party isnít the UCP but has heard similar sentiments. After reminding him about the NEP and why a liberal provincial government is never viable I told him that if itís an issue his party should take it up with Kenny.

This has gone too long and I am sick of these degenerate scum with their ####ing YouTube phds trying to tell doctors and nurses that they donít know anything or are actively lying.

#### them and I will not come down!
Yeah, I'm really not happy. I've been vaccinated for what seems like forever, and I dont even have all that much of a problem.

I can still work, I'm seeing my family as much though. I havent been to a bar or restaurant in what seems like forever.

But this sucks.

The vaccine is so easy.
__________________
The Beatings Shall Continue Until Morale Improves!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:46 PM   #2094
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop
 
Cecil Terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield Penitentiary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1437800541807996930

Check out the scales on the graphs.
I noticed that exact same thing when I watched the video. The shape of the graphs look the same but the details are way off.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:00 PM   #2095
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player
 
Johnny Makarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
I defended Dr. Hinshaw for a long time. She has a difficult job dealing with the idiots in government. However, there comes a time, when you can no longer say you just give recommendations to others who make the decisions.

If you are the expert in the room and they are not listening to your recommendations, you need to present them in a different way. If they still won't listen, you need to consider if it's time to step aside and let someone else try.

To almost completely disappear from public for summer, while things get worse and the health system is on the verge of collapse, is not acceptable for someone with such an important role. She needs to resign.
After UCP I hope Hinshaw never gets another medical position in Alberta. Utterly spineless.

Too bad Nenshi is such a nice guy. In his farewell speech to city hall he should have lit that Hinshaw Tshirt he has on fire.
__________________
Peter12 "I'm no Trump fan but he is smarter than most if not everyone in this thread. Ē
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:32 PM   #2096
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player
 
Cali Panthers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Exp:
Default

I don't have anything to add other than this:

Y'all are still going through stages of grief for this whole debacle. I've done it too, so I get it.

As a reminder, here are the stages:

Shock/Disbelief
Denial
Bargaining
Guilt
Anger
Depression
Acceptance

I'd say you're fully in the anger stage, which means you only have to go through depression and then you're at acceptance!

I'm still slightly in the depression phase, but starting to move on to acceptance. You'll all get there too. Just try not to kill anyone or cause irreparable damage while in the anger stage.

BTW, it's justifiable anger, I fully understand it, but it's a phase and you'll all have to move on soon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
If we can't fall in love with replaceable bottom 6 players then the terrorists have won.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 08:51 PM   #2097
wwkayaker
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Exp:
Default

So did the emergency caucus meeting amount to nothing? Jameson and some back slapping, maybe.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:13 PM   #2098
bizaro86
Franchise Player
 
bizaro86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I don't have anything to add other than this:

Y'all are still going through stages of grief for this whole debacle. I've done it too, so I get it.

As a reminder, here are the stages:

Shock/Disbelief
Denial
Bargaining
Guilt
Anger
Depression
Acceptance

I'd say you're fully in the anger stage, which means you only have to go through depression and then you're at acceptance!

I'm still slightly in the depression phase, but starting to move on to acceptance. You'll all get there too. Just try not to kill anyone or cause irreparable damage while in the anger stage.

BTW, it's justifiable anger, I fully understand it, but it's a phase and you'll all have to move on soon.
I'm definitely in depression over it.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:15 PM   #2099
GGG
Franchise Player
 
GGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Exp:
Default

So one problem given we have an accute Healthcare crisis is that we no longer have time to roll out vaccine passports and implement restrictions on the unvaccinated in any kind of enforceable or effective manner.

This means that any restrictions will need to be done on a people wide level. These will not be met with compliance from the vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Therefore that leaves only a few options to meaningfully reduce spread.

Close Schools
Close businesses

The final alternative is Florida.

I expect to see closures of various things announced later this week or early next week.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:15 PM   #2100
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwkayaker View Post
So did the emergency caucus meeting amount to nothing? Jameson and some back slapping, maybe.
The meeting chair just left to South America for vacation for 3 weeks, so we need to wait for it to get back before any plans can be revealed.
__________________
Air Canada - We're not happy until you're not happy.
Telus - Almost as bad as Winnipeg.
Calgary Roads Dept - Ya, we'll get to that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:21 AM.

Calgary Flames
2021-22




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021