Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2020, 04:51 PM   #41
sharkov
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm guessing hes gonna have a nice career in the KHL from now on
Old 05-07-2020, 04:51 PM   #42
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

There’s no question that what he put in the group chat was wrong, that being said, I would be lying if I said I never said vulgar things in group chats amongst friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #43
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Brendan Leipsic's Instagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
No kidding... seriously If I'm Pearson someone takes a nice picture of me saying hi to my little kid in the stands and this ####### uses it as an opening to disparage my wife? I'd probably make a mental calculation of how many games I'd be suspended for if I made him eat through a straw for a couple of months and decide that it's worth it. What a POS.

That’s a little extreme. I don’t think anyone deserves to eat through a straw cuz they made rude comments in a private group chat. The punishment he’s gotten from this fallout is enough

Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:08 PM   #44
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe this is why most NHLers don't have, or at least make it seem like they don't have, personalities.

Not everyone in the league is the wholesome Iginla, Doan, Fisher, Scheifele, Slavin, Derek Ryan type.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 05:20 PM   #45
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
He sounds like a pretty ####ty person for sure.

I am not sure how I feel about someone's private conversations being made public like that though.
The golden rule of the internet: nothing is private.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:22 PM   #46
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Huh? He's openly said that any player who comes on his podcast has the opportunity to edit what comes out - they don't want to end a players career based on what they say on the show. If you watch some of the longer clips they're cleverly edited at different points. Sometimes when a leading question is asked and they can't edit it out it's played off like they went off topic. Hockey is such a bro vibe that if you don't have what the team culture is, you're an outlier. Remember how Doug Hamilton's museum walks went over instead of going out to dinner with the team bros went?
There's a good chunk of #######s for sure it's just not any different than any other group though. Like I said there's a handful on every team but it's far far from the majority like some make it seem
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:33 PM   #47
sempuki
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
There’s no question that what he put in the group chat was wrong, that being said, I would be lying if I said I never said vulgar things in group chats amongst friends.

Nobody cares he used swear words. Not in the least. And if you insult and degrade people for their sex or race in your private conversations you might think about what you're doing with your life.
sempuki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sempuki For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 08:51 PM   #48
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I believe it is far less common and less tolerated than it was

Sure, if it makes you feel better to tell yourself that.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:29 PM   #49
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

This Jordan Boyd fellow sounds like a piece of work as well.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:37 PM   #50
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
This argument always comes up, but I don't get it

Do you really trash people behind their back, be racist, beyond misogynistic, and just overly negative and rude in private conversations? That seems like a problem if you do
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #51
Lumby Lager
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
This Jordan Boyd fellow sounds like a piece of work as well.
From what I have seen online it looks like it might be Dustin Boyd’s brother. That is at least what comes up as a quick search of the situation but the internet is never wrong though right?

Last edited by Lumby Lager; 05-07-2020 at 09:53 PM.
Lumby Lager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:52 PM   #52
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
You mean the guys who are still in the league? Or employed elsewhere? Shocker they act normal on a podcast.
Maybe they act normal because they're normal?
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 10:08 PM   #53
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumby Lager View Post
From what I have seen online it looks like it might be Dustin Boyd’s brother. That is at least what comes up as a quick search of the situation but the internet is never wrong though right?
They are brothers. Dustin is mid 30s now, Jordyn is same age as Leipsic (around 25)

Jordyn played in the WHL the same time as Leipsic, but was a very low level player. Never considered to be drafted, and I don't think he's played competitive hockey since he was 20
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:47 AM   #54
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Sounds like Washington is going to terminate Leipsic's deal, according to Caps beat reporter Tarik El-Bashir. He was set to be an RFA, anyway.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:52 AM   #55
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

He may or may not be a terrible person but at a minimum Leipsic has a lot of growing up to do. That said, does anyone know if he actually treated women as poorly as he boasted about? If so, F this guy. If not, this was a private conversation between young meat heads that wasn't intended to go public. If he didn't actually hurt anyone and all that happened was that he made idiotic comments on a private chat to his 'bros' it kinda seems like these guys are being tried in the court of public opinion and found guilty of crimes in excess of what they actually did.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:55 AM   #56
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescorpion View Post
sounds like washington is going to terminate leipsic's deal, according to caps beat reporter tarik el-bashir. He was set to be an rfa, anyway.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1258768988387016705
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:59 AM   #57
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
This argument always comes up, but I don't get it

Do you really trash people behind their back, be racist, beyond misogynistic, and just overly negative and rude in private conversations? That seems like a problem if you do
I'm not defending what he did/said, but don't be naive to think that millions of people around the world don't do similar things when texting people in what is supposed to be a PRIVATE conversation. Yeah, people really do trash people behind their backs on text. It's not right, but it happens and not unique to this individual.

I'm glad he got outed and will be out of the league. But where's the uproar for the person who supposedly hacked this? Is it not a crime to hack someones private messages and post them for the world to see? Where is the backlash for that individual, and will anyone attempt to find that person and punish them?
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:03 AM   #58
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon47

https://twitter.com/user/status/1258773185966850054

Hmmm, I wonder if he gets claimed?
Old 05-08-2020, 09:34 AM   #59
Flames1217
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Going to go play for Peters....
Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #60
questionmotives
Scoring Winger

Exp:

What seems to be getting lost here is painting Leipsic as some sort of victim, while ignoring the actual issue of misogyny and how he treats and talks to these women. I don't know how he (or his "bros") actually behaves in public, maybe it's just a weird flex of braggadocio amongst insecure young dudes. But the women are actually victims here.

This obviously wasn't a hard decision by the Capitals, and I'm guessing the lawyers were the reason it wasn't announced yesterday. Can imagine Brian MaClellan reading all 50+ screenshots and just wanting to strangle the guy. (worth noting he has two daughters)