Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2020, 08:49 PM   #21
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Neither Leipsic nor the person who posted the screenshots knows how to crop an image. Maybe it was self-sabotage.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:03 PM   #22
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
Yep.
Just have to listen to Spittin' Chiclets. Biz Nasty is always talking about his "kills". Not much of a stretch to imagine him having a similar conversation.

Even playing beer league with guys who played in the CHL or AJHL, the locker room talk isn't that different. Maybe less racist, but certainly just as misogynist
Trust me, Biz is an outlier. Notice how he talks like that, then maybe 5 other guests in the almost 250+ episodes is like him, everyone else is normal

Like most things people are just noticing a loud minority
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2020, 09:43 PM   #23
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I hope Pearson, or anybody, destroys this piece of ****. Talking #### between buddies, bragging about getting laid is one thing for 20- something punks like this, but openly insulting somebody’s wife? I would lose it.
3rd liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:51 PM   #24
BrennyBaller
Backup Goalie

Exp:

The one guy, Jordyn Boyd, who says a lot of the disgusting stuff with Leipsic, is Dustin Boyd’s brother. Funny coincidence since there was a lot of talk about Boyd today since it was #41 Jersey Vote.
BrennyBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:32 PM   #25
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The stuff about teammates like Virtanen and his linemates honestly just sounds like the kind of #### you talk to buddies, honestly. Doesn't read to me as meanspirited. Some of the other stuff is... yeah, not a good look.
The Virtanen thing doesn’t bug me at all. I know Virtanen personally and I can safely say that I actually agree with Leipsic there. He’s not my cup of tea and I’ll leave it at that.

The Hathaway thing I’d need more context on. I could see it being both in jest or serious. I can’t say for sure given I don’t know the nature of their relationship.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:36 PM   #26
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Trust me, Biz is an outlier. Notice how he talks like that, then maybe 5 other guests in the almost 250+ episodes is like him, everyone else is normal

Not to sidetrack the convo but Biz Nasty is the sole reason I don't listen to Spittin Chiclets. Ryan Whitney is genuinely a pretty funny person and fairly entertaining but Bissonette on the other hand is unintentionally a complete caricature of a hockey bro, it's so hard to listen to. He called getting a suspension a "sussy".

Edit: I also work/worked with many guys who played in major junior and a couple guys who had a cup of coffee in the show as well. Most are good guys that are normal and friendly, however there was definitely the odd Leipsic-like guy who genuinely sucks and only cares about notching up and getting ####ed up.

Last edited by flames_fan_down_under; 05-06-2020 at 10:47 PM.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2020, 10:52 PM   #27
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
Not to sidetrack the convo but Biz Nasty is the sole reason I don't listen to Spittin Chiclets. Ryan Whitney is genuinely a pretty funny person and fairly entertaining but Bissonette on the other hand is unintentionally a complete caricature of a hockey bro, it's so hard to listen to. He called getting a suspension a "sussy".

Edit: I also work/worked with many guys who played in major junior and a couple guys who had a cup of coffee in the show as well. Most are good guys that are normal and friendly, however there was definitely the odd Leipsic-like guy who genuinely sucks and only cares about notching up and getting ####ed up.
I don't mind Biz as much as many do, I find I laugh along with his silly character rather than cringe at it, but yeah Whitney is the star of the show for sure
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 09:04 AM   #28
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post

Same. Although I find them all kinda ######y.

When Biz isnt being a "bro" he can be insightful and a somewhat ok to listen to. Unfortunately he is often pandering to his audience and I can't get past this attitude he is copping.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 09:13 AM   #29
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd liner View Post
I hope Pearson, or anybody, destroys this piece of ****. Talking #### between buddies, bragging about getting laid is one thing for 20- something punks like this, but openly insulting somebody’s wife? I would lose it.
No kidding... seriously If I'm Pearson someone takes a nice picture of me saying hi to my little kid in the stands and this ####### uses it as an opening to disparage my wife? I'd probably make a mental calculation of how many games I'd be suspended for if I made him eat through a straw for a couple of months and decide that it's worth it. What a POS.
Parallex is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #30
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Biz reminds me of all the Jr A #######s I remember from high school. His podcast is unlistenable.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:23 AM   #31
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You mean the guys who are still in the league? Or employed elsewhere? Shocker they act normal on a podcast.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:09 AM   #32
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Scott Billeck
@ScottBilleck
Jeremy Leipsic, the brother of Brendan Leipsic (and one member of the Instagram group chat that became public yesterday) and a member of the University of Manitoba Bisons men's hockey team, has been booted off the team.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 11:26 AM   #33
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
No kidding... seriously If I'm Pearson someone takes a nice picture of me saying hi to my little kid in the stands and this ####### uses it as an opening to disparage my wife? I'd probably make a mental calculation of how many games I'd be suspended for if I made him eat through a straw for a couple of months and decide that it's worth it. What a POS.
Unfortunately for Tanner, he's been far too valuable to the Canucks since his arrival, so I doubt we buy him out just so he can go punch a guy in the Swiss league.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 11:30 AM   #34
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

if this had leaked during the season, would he have been suspended? Sean Avery got 6 games for 'sloppy seconds'

A coach would get fired for this type of conduct; hope the next CBA allows for contract termination, but I doubt it
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:40 AM   #35
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Dont most organizations have a clause where if you dont represent their values they can terminate your contract?

Thinking that wife beating russian Defenseman from LA as an example...

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:52 PM   #36
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Huh? He's openly said that any player who comes on his podcast has the opportunity to edit what comes out - they don't want to end a players career based on what they say on the show. If you watch some of the longer clips they're cleverly edited at different points. Sometimes when a leading question is asked and they can't edit it out it's played off like they went off topic. Hockey is such a bro vibe that if you don't have what the team culture is, you're an outlier. Remember how Doug Hamilton's museum walks went over instead of going out to dinner with the team bros went?
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:57 PM   #37
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

He sounds like a pretty ####ty person for sure.

I am not sure how I feel about someone's private conversations being made public like that though.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:29 PM   #38
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1258482519017754626
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:33 PM   #39
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Scott Billeck
@ScottBilleck
Jeremy Leipsic, the brother of Brendan Leipsic (and one member of the Instagram group chat that became public yesterday) and a member of the University of Manitoba Bisons men's hockey team, has been booted off the team.
I went through the chat but it's a little hard to follow... What did Jeremy say that might warrant this?
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:40 PM   #40
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
He sounds like a pretty ####ty person for sure.

I am not sure how I feel about someone's private conversations being made public like that though.
Well at this point I think whatever he said was fair game as he likely did the same thing to one of the friends in the chat log. So if he was a player his team mates hated but they respected the code and just kept it in house, its a different set of circumstances when it comes to your bro circles. All bet are off if you cross the line with them. You have to think since they were so closely knit as a bro group that it'd have to be pretty egregious for them to tss you into the light like this.

I think what I'm saying here is he deserves it. Because what we are seeing is very likely the tip.of the iceberg.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post: