Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default HELP: Recovering GoPro Video Files From External HDD or Micro SD Cards

Hi everyone,

So I got married over the weekend and I took a ton of footage with GoPro's that I was transferring over onto my SimpleTech 1TB Hard Drive, long story short the HDD fell on the ground and just beeps as if it's trying to be read but can no longer do so and the computer won't recognize the drive when it's plugged into the computer.

As I was transferring I was also deleting the video files off the micro SD card (SanDisk and Lexar 633x series, 32GB and 64GB cards)...I have not placed anything onto the cards since but I simply hit delete when I was removing the files from there, no special formatting.

Does anyone know HOW to recover these files successfully either from the HDD (anyone that could repair that in Calgary?) or off of the microSD cards?

I'm leaving for the honeymoon tonight and I wanted to sort this out or try to figure out a solution before I leave...if ANYONE could help that would be great.

So far I've tried a few programs that haven't given me success for the SD cars, Image Rescue is running in the background right now, not sure if that'll work?

Also do the computer recovery programs for the microSD cards work better with the microSD to SD card adapter connected to the computer or the microSD to USB adapter connected to the computer (not sure if there's a difference right now I'm trying to do it via the USB adapter).

Again if anyone has ANY help/thoughts/ideas I'd greatly appreciate it!
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Used Recuva and it recovered my files off the microSD cards 100%! And it was free too
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Yes, you're lucky you didn't make any further writes to the MicroSD or they could have been corrupted/made unrecoverable forever.

This is a good reminder to NEVER delete or cut files from one location to another until you are assured they've transferred properly and you have another back up if it's irreplaceable like wedding videos.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 08-18-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #4
terminator
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm gonna piggy back on this thread: Someone kindly spilled a few litres of water over my Macbook, panicked, and tried to plug it in and start it up. Poof, 1600 down the drain.

however, all my pictures were on there and like the silly person I am, I procastinated clouding them. The HD when plugged in VIA cable stays on for 2-3 mintues before shutting down.

WHAT CAN I DO?

thanks
terminator is offline   Reply With Quote