Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #581
White Out 403
Franchise Player
 
White Out 403's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Exp:
Default

Visiting Winnipeg for the Banjo Bowl. I forgot how truly awesome Winnipeg is in the summer.
__________________
How 'bout them Bombers??
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 10:48 AM   #582
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Visiting Winnipeg for the Banjo Bowl. I forgot how truly awesome Winnipeg is in the summer.
A few years back, me and some friends spent a weekend there because the Stamps and the Flames were playing. We were quite surprised at how freakishly nice the people were. The city itself is really nice as well. We travel for sports often, and that trip was one of our favourites.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8 Ball For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #583
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player
 
GoinAllTheWay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Not sure
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
In Kelowna, man fell off his wheelchair going thru a crosswalk right next to highway 97. 3 or 4 people immediately turned on their hazards and jumped out to help him even tho their light had just turned green. Held up traffic for several minutes. No one honked or flipped out. I was on the other side of the road so I couldn’t be much help, plus they all got out so quickly. It was heartwarming to watch humans being bros like that.
That's fantastic. I witnessed the same thing a while back but it was a family of geese crossing a busy road. No one honked, no one moved. Incredible to witness. Everyone just smiled at the passing scene.

I am curious though, how do you fall off a wheelchair?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:02 AM   #584
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop
 
Cecil Terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield Penitentiary
Exp:
Default

I pulled up right after he fell but I’m guessing he hit the lip of the curb funny and went down. It was in the small part of the crosswalk where cars turn right.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 10:02 PM   #585
OMG!WTF!
#1 Goaltender
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Exp:
Default

I only watched Kenny vs Spenny a couple times when it was on tv. But I guess Kenny recently loaded all 87 episodes on Youtube. Now I think it's the funniest show ever. It's a little awkward at times. But if you're dumb as me you'll get a laugh for sure. I'm supper happy about this for some reason.


OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2019, 06:38 AM   #586
Weitz
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I only watched Kenny vs Spenny a couple times when it was on tv. But I guess Kenny recently loaded all 87 episodes on Youtube. Now I think it's the funniest show ever. It's a little awkward at times. But if you're dumb as me you'll get a laugh for sure. I'm supper happy about this for some reason.


Such a great show. Amongst my favorite episodes:

Who can wear a dead octopus on their head the longest?
Who can get with the most woman?
Who can eat the most meat?
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:28 AM   #587
CroFlames
Franchise Player
 
CroFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
In Kelowna, man fell off his wheelchair going thru a crosswalk right next to highway 97. 3 or 4 people immediately turned on their hazards and jumped out to help him even tho their light had just turned green. Held up traffic for several minutes. No one honked or flipped out. I was on the other side of the road so I couldn’t be much help, plus they all got out so quickly. It was heartwarming to watch humans being bros like that.
Similar but opposite story.

I was in the States and a guy in a wheelchair was trying to cross the road, but it was quite the incline and it wasn't a powered chair. He simply didn't have the strength to get across. I immediately threw the hazards on and popped out and pushed him up the hill, meanwhile the entire busy intersection doesn't nothing except try to pass my parked car instead of helping.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:59 AM   #588
bigtmac19
Franchise Player
 
bigtmac19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Exp:
Default

Probably not the correct thread but nothing else really fit.

WRMMH, I saw the musical Come From Away on Friday. It’s fantastic. Great story, great music, a truly Canadian story. Made me so proud. I read the book it’s based on back in 2002. (The Day the World Came to Town), wouldn’t have believed a musical could be made from that story but they did a perfect job.

If you get the chance to see it, you really should go.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2019, 10:21 AM   #589
Johnny199r
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Uzbekistan
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Such a great show. Amongst my favorite episodes:

Who can wear a dead octopus on their head the longest?
Who can get with the most woman?
Who can eat the most meat?
Who can stay tied to a goat the longest was my favourite.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny199r For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2019, 10:27 AM   #590
Johnny199r
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Uzbekistan
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
A few years back, me and some friends spent a weekend there because the Stamps and the Flames were playing. We were quite surprised at how freakishly nice the people were. The city itself is really nice as well. We travel for sports often, and that trip was one of our favourites.
I've lived in 3 Canadian Provinces (Ab, MB, NS) and have found people to all generally be the same high level when it comes to friendliness.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:41 PM   #591
bc-chris
Franchise Player
 
bc-chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC
Exp:
Default

wrmmh today was i was driving around (kelowna) and the guy in front of me had a red flames license plate.

i wish I had a window flag or something on my truck so I could honk, throw a wave and motion to the flames logo
__________________
"...and there goes Finger up the middle on Luongo!" - Jim Hughson, Av's vs. 'Nucks
bc-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:44 PM   #592
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player
 
WhiteTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Exp:
Default

I was at my family's annual "BirthGiving Feast" last night (since we have 2 birthdays and Thanksgiving to celebrate in the same week) and my mom gave me a 'Baby Milestones' book that she'd kept back when I was just born to 2 years old (I'm currently 40+).

It was filled with information, notes and pictures of my first 2 years, most of which I didn't know or had never seen before. It was utterly fascinating to look through
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2019, 03:17 PM   #593
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
I've lived in 3 Canadian Provinces (Ab, MB, NS) and have found people to all generally be the same high level when it comes to friendliness.
I would generally agree, but sports can bring out the worst in some people. Like Regina if you’re a Stamps fan.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016