Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-01-2021, 09:49 AM   #61
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Allow hitting and take away cages. That's one way to up the entertainment factor. I honestly couldn't tell you what most of the popular females look like outside of their cage and that's bad for marketing.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:53 AM   #62
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie28 View Post
If I was king of the world (shudder), I would have direct payments. 200k to each player for a gold medal, 100k for a silver and 50k for a bronze.
Would you feel the same about bobsleigh, synchronized swimming, softball etc? Or is this just a hockey thing?
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:57 AM   #63
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well none of those other sports are "Canada's sport". If we truly care about keeping that title maybe investing in preserving it wouldn't be so bad.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 10:27 AM   #64
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
Allow hitting and take away cages. That's one way to up the entertainment factor. I honestly couldn't tell you what most of the popular females look like outside of their cage and that's bad for marketing.
I agree hitting should be in.

Cages, meh, I don't really care about that.

But women's hockey should have the exact same rules as men's hockey.

I guarantee there would be some excellent hits made.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2021, 11:48 PM   #65
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Marie Philip Poulin and Christine Sinclair should have a picture taken of the two of them showing off their gold medals. Canada's finest!!!
Mathgod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mathgod For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2021, 12:40 PM   #66
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
The obvious solution is to put an entertaining product on the ice. Lets be honest, last night was an exciting game but there wasn't an exciting game featuring Canada or the USA outside of it. Including their first meeting.
Won't argue that. And I didn't see any of the other game but a game say between Finland and Russia - or any of the the other teams, how competitive are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I agree hitting should be in.

Cages, meh, I don't really care about that.

But women's hockey should have the exact same rules as men's hockey.

I guarantee there would be some excellent hits made.
I don't understand the cages, those should be optional. As someone who had a daughter play and coached female hockey (community league) I didn't understand the no hitting part at first but have become okay with it. Honestly I'd be fine either way. UCB, I know your daughter plays too so you've seen both sides, I respect your opinion. If anyone has a chance to watch the WNT play the boys MU18 teams (AAA) as they prep for the Olympics you can really see the difference between the men's game and women's game. Sure the boys are at a bit of a disadvantage because they cannot hit but I will tell you for a fact the women are vey physical and nasty as f>ck when they play. Just no body checks.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 01:43 PM   #67
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
I don't understand the cages, those should be optional. As someone who had a daughter play and coached female hockey (community league) I didn't understand the no hitting part at first but have become okay with it. Honestly I'd be fine either way. UCB, I know your daughter plays too so you've seen both sides, I respect your opinion. If anyone has a chance to watch the WNT play the boys MU18 teams (AAA) as they prep for the Olympics you can really see the difference between the men's game and women's game. Sure the boys are at a bit of a disadvantage because they cannot hit but I will tell you for a fact the women are vey physical and nasty as f>ck when they play. Just no body checks.
My girls aged out last "season" she got a few games of hockey and that was it. I think the not hitting rule doesn't make sense. I play rugby (well I did, until I got old/fat/broken) and the rules are the same in both games, there is no difference. Hockey should be the same, if for no other reason than it will make officiating easier. One set of rules.

My girl while not big (5'8", 120lbs) was physical and enjoyed bumping. She grew up playing boys until bantam out in the country against farm boys & girls.

To your quote "nasty as ####", I'd say they the stuff that is nasty is because they can't hit. It starts as ticky-tacky and then liberties are taken. My son who is a Div 1 player (well he's a first year midget rec now, he and his buddy want to play together) mentioned that right out of the gate at his sisters games. "Dad if you could hit some people there would be less stick work".

I am all for the same rules for female & male.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: