Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2012, 01:59 AM   #221
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Everyone hates Abi. I think even Jeff Probst hates her. Every time he mentions how she's sitting out another challenge you can just hear the contempt. I find it freakin' hilarious.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aegypticus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #222
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^^

Probst does not like her. There have been players before who have little interest in the physical part of the game, but no one has ever been more obvious about it. Add in the righteous sanctimony and she is a bitter pill to swallow.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #223
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Lisa is quickly turning from likeable to unlikeable.

I like what Denise had to say, "At this point, I put more stock in leaving a situation like that than staying."

Bang on.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #224
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 11-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #225
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
You have to get rid of the stronger physical threats now.
Not too many of them left though... just Pete and Malcolm really (Carter hasn't really done much to stand out as a physical threat besides just being younger). The "next time on..." clip showed Lisa and Skupin talking about a final 4. My money is on that F4 being Skupin/Lisa/Denise/Malcolm with Carter/Penner as auxillery members.

If I were a betting man I'd bet that Pete wins immunity next (most incentive to do so)... then Abi uses the idol (since she'd have to know that she'd be the next most logical choice to go) and Carter ends up going home. Then the new dead man walking (Pete) goes, then since they have the numbers they get rid of Penner (don't want him lucking his way into the finale), then they flush Malcolm's Idol and Abi goes home. They set up a nice little "loyalty" side plot for Lisa these past two episodes so the above scenario would allow Lisa to never have to vote against an original Tandang member.

What I would think would be an amazing bit of storytelling would be if, at F4, the choice ends up being 2-2 Skupin vs. Malcolm and no side budges resulting in a fire building competition to decide who goes home... Fire ends up being Skupin's downfall again or he conquers it and it becomes part of his Survivor redemption story.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #226
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I dunno if I am watching a different season than you KFF but I have thought this seasons was incredibly entertaining since episode one.

I will agree that every week it gets better and better. Nice to see Skupin playing the game, everyone makes fun of him all season and when the chips are on the table he makes the biggest play to date in the season.

And again, I have no idea what will happen next week. I love it. I fricken' hate the seasons where you can predict from start to finish what will happen. I stand by what I said before, either Kim or Sofie from the last two seasons wouldn't stand a fricken' chance up against any of these guys. Finally Survivor brought back some real, real, reaaaaal players. And it is good.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:58 AM   #227
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Lisa is quickly turning from likeable to unlikeable.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:08 AM   #228
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Abi is so dumb that the whole tribe could tell her before tribal council that they are voting for her and she wouldn't use it.

One of the most useless players of any reality show game ever. She sits out every challenge and just bitches and acts like a **** at camp to everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Justin 3 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #229
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah but she's pretty well the last girl who can rock the bikini.

Get naked . . . the tribe has spoken.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #230
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Abi is pretty much clueless...surprising she actually knows how to breathe....rather than breed.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #231
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lisa is kind of stupid...Looks like she blows things again next week.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #232
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I don't buy Abi's act for a second, you saw her turn it on during her talk with Lisa, trying to be all nice and using that baby voice. Then her bitch side comes right back out as soon as Denise tries to tell her how it is.

I hope Denise wins this season, she has been no bs, worked just as hard as everyone else and has been a beast despite losing her first 23432423 challenges.

Skupin would be smart to try and make the final 3 with Penner and Lisa, he might not be able to beat Penner, but he can't beat any of the 6 left besides Abi either..
Old 11-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #233
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 11-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #234
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yeah but she's pretty well the last girl who can rock the bikini.

Get naked . . . the tribe has spoken.
aaaaand this is why I could never go on a show like this......I would vote on looks alone.......

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #235
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

.....and I'm out. I'm another who wants Denise to win this season. I like the way she plays the game, and she's been great in pretty much every challenge. As long as she keeps her mouth shut and doesn't make any stupid mistakes she's got a good chance.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #236
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
aaaaand this is why I could never go on a show like this......I would vote on looks alone.......
I would totally sell my votes for sexual services, and bring a harem to the final 3.

Every guy on the jury would totally vote for me, every girl would rage at me.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #237
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
.....and I'm out. I'm another who wants Denise to win this season. I like the way she plays the game, and she's been great in pretty much every challenge. As long as she keeps her mouth shut and doesn't make any stupid mistakes she's got a good chance.
Agreed, when she started with Abi at tribal counsel I thought she might come up on people's radar, but she was smart enough to back out of crazy town

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #238
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does Abi really think she can convince everyone that she has an immunity idol? She isn't smart enough to pull off a plan like that. There is no way producers would give anyone an advantage in the challenge AND give an immunity idol, that would pretty much guarantee someone 2 weeks of immunity.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #239
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Does Abi really think she can convince everyone that she has an immunity idol? She isn't smart enough to pull off a plan like that. There is no way producers would give anyone an advantage in the challenge AND give an immunity idol, that would pretty much guarantee someone 2 weeks of immunity.
No but it is completely believeable they may have given her a clue or mentioned there was another idol. Not give it to her but suggest it. Honestly it is a pretty good desperation plan from Abi. Problem isn't whether the producers would give a good chance in a challenge and a clue to another idol as that can be believeable. Heck as players they have to be expecting some game changed the producers may throw in because they do it from time to time.

The problem is she is a terrible actress that she likely can't pull it off. Now obviously we know what her plan is from the start but it seems to me she was far to obvious with things she was doing for anyone to buy what she was selling. It's one thing to pretend to have a secret, it's quite another to loudly proclaim you have secret, a big secret, wouldn't you just love to know what my secret is, well I won't tell you and I'm going to make a big show of sneaking around camp looking for things and ripping up the secret instead of just handing it to Probst etc.....
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #240
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
No but it is completely believeable they may have given her a clue or mentioned there was another idol. Not give it to her but suggest it. Honestly it is a pretty good desperation plan from Abi. Problem isn't whether the producers would give a good chance in a challenge and a clue to another idol as that can be believeable. Heck as players they have to be expecting some game changed the producers may throw in because they do it from time to time.

The problem is she is a terrible actress that she likely can't pull it off. Now obviously we know what her plan is from the start but it seems to me she was far to obvious with things she was doing for anyone to buy what she was selling. It's one thing to pretend to have a secret, it's quite another to loudly proclaim you have secret, a big secret, wouldn't you just love to know what my secret is, well I won't tell you and I'm going to make a big show of sneaking around camp looking for things and ripping up the secret instead of just handing it to Probst etc.....
I loved the fact that Abi won last night, face the facts she's interesting and has a great body.

It was also great to see her cram it in the face of the other members of the tribe.

As it stands and it says a lot, she's probably the best manipulator left in that tribe, the rest are fairly honest players. Penner was probably the ring leaders.

I just loved when she was winning the challenge and you saw the depth of depression hitting every one else.

Shupin has pretty much moved into the drivers seat and will drag Lisa with him as far as he can. Malcolm can power his way to the final three as there aren't any real physical challengers left.

Abi had the right idea but the wrong execution in her lie.

Bu she was smart enough to wander around pretending to look for an idol all day long.

Its not quite on the same level as the fake idol a few years ago, but it is a game changer.

Tags
pool , survivor , survivor pool