Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2008, 12:22 PM   #421
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
And on the flip side, there was one a while ago that had a "picture in picture" of football highlights. Probably the best idea ever- as I know I would sit through the ad instead of flipping channels.
I really like that commercial. One of the better ones out there fo sho.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #422
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Miikka? View Post
Dishonorable Mention:

Spoiled Rogers phone bitch who opens her presents well in advance of "the holidays" and then actually has a practiced pseudo-surprise reaction at the ready for when she really 'opens' it. Get a life, kid.
The worst part of that commercial is that it's pretty much the same concept as the Christmas one from last year, except she was looking for her video phone in the closet and gets busted by her parents. At least come up with a new story line.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #423
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

While I agree that I also hate the presentation offerred in the Rogers comercials, I would have to say the "worst" part about it is they are advertizing something they do not offer. I cannot buy a higher end phone for somebody as a Christmas (or "Holiday") gift.

I've talked to them, the only way we can get her an iPhone is to have her permission for a hardware upgrade, and that also involves extending her contract.

"Merry Christmas Sweetie! Because I love you I got you a long term financial commitment!"
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #424
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
The worst part of that commercial is that it's pretty much the same concept as the Christmas one from last year, except she was looking for her video phone in the closet and gets busted by her parents. At least come up with a new story line.
Easily my most hated commercial series, I hate every one of those kids. Plus its hilarious because they're supposed to be in high school, and they're so obviously in their mid to late 20's. I know most commercials/shows do this, but with them its so blatantly obvious. The "kid" with the dark hair has thick stubble!
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #425
vanisleflamesfan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I absolutely cannot stand the Dodge truck series of commercials. It appears to be various sorts of ‘teams’ of stereotypes of ‘manly-men’ (military, firefighters, cowboys) racing trucks through some kind of futuristic, hillbilly, deathmatch racecourse and then talking about how AWESOME and SWEET the trucks are. Okay, I get it, these are manly trucks, only ‘real men’ drive Dodge trucks, if I buy one my ‘manly-parts’ will increase in size, Dodge trucks are pure testosterone moulded into truck form, Dodge trucks are the vehicular equivalent of strangling a full-grown grizzly bear with a rope that you made from you own chest hair at the same time as bench-pressing two dozen sissy Ford trucks.

Do advertisers really believe that men will self-identify with one of these ‘teams’ and run out to buy one of these trucks? Gee, I was thinking about buying the Honda, but these Dodge trucks can drive through fire... that will come in sooooo handy on my daily commute.
vanisleflamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #426
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Easily my most hated commercial series, I hate every one of those kids. Plus its hilarious because they're supposed to be in high school, and they're so obviously in their mid to late 20's. I know most commercials/shows do this, but with them its so blatantly obvious. The "kid" with the dark hair has thick stubble!
no I'm pretty sure its college, because last year the one guy was going to college and had his 4 friends in my 5 and his mom as the 5th.
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #427
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Home Hardware ones are getting on my nerves even though it is so subtle. They aren't outright teeth clenching horrible, but still.
They're the ones that have someone explaining to someone else on how to use a pair of scissors or a flashlight, but it looks like they are explaining rocket science to them.
It's only a pair of frickin scissors dummay.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #428
Got Miikka?
One of the Nine

Exp:

Yeah, actually - those Rogers kids. All of them should be poisoned or dismembered.

In the 3 People to Punch thread I'd like to swap out Eric Godard (who, let's face it, would break my face open with one counter punch) for the guy from the Rogers phones commercials who used to have a Sideshow Bob 'fro but now seems to have gotten it under control. What can't be controlled my urge to want to hurt that guy.

Here's your new ad:

Former Fro Dude: Hey it's that blonde girl friend of ours with the really high-pitched squealy voice.
Blonde Girl: Hey guys! Guess what? I rummaged through my parents' closet and found my 'holiday' present from them to me - a new phone! (and contract extension)
Former Fro: Cool. How old are you again?
Blonde Girl: 27.
Former Fro: Cool. So, why do you live at home, and, why are you going through your parents' closet looking for gifts like some kind of snotty little 5 year old punk?
Eric Godard: Hey, fro guy? Can I talk to you for a second?
Former Fro: Yeah sure - what's up? Who are you?
Eric Godard: Just someone who's here to do what a lot of people want to see done. I don't care if I take the instigator for this.
*Fro Guy beaten senseless*
Blonde Girl (in high-pitched squeal): Ohmygodweeeeeeoooooo it's PERFECT!!!!
Other Guy (who has his mom in HisFive): What was that? How you're going to react when it's Holiday Morning and you get your present?
Blonde Girl: No, not at all! I just thought it was perfect that someone finally kicked that guy's ass.

~fin~
Got Miikka? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Got Miikka? For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #429
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
The Home Hardware ones are getting on my nerves even though it is so subtle. They aren't outright teeth clenching horrible, but still.
They're the ones that have someone explaining to someone else on how to use a pair of scissors or a flashlight, but it looks like they are explaining rocket science to them.
It's only a pair of frickin scissors dummay.
Home Owners helping Home Owners. shudder
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fredr123 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 04:25 PM   #430
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredr123 View Post
Home Owners helping Home Owners. shudder
I want to walk into one of their stores stroll up too the first employee I see and ask them if they own their home. And if I'm allowed to shop here as I do not own a women of my own.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:32 PM   #431
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

telus.

meerkats.

must die.

the dopey kal-tire tow truck tire guy, and the conceited hockey mom with the dog who lusts after her daughters hockey coach. hate em.
The Following User Says Thank You to ricosuave For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 08:50 PM   #432
Antithesis
Disenfranchised

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanisleflamesfan View Post
Do advertisers really believe that men will self-identify with one of these ‘teams’ and run out to buy one of these trucks? Gee, I was thinking about buying the Honda, but these Dodge trucks can drive through fire... that will come in sooooo handy on my daily commute.
I wonder about this myself and then I think of all the times you see plastic testicles hanging from the back bumper of trucks and I realize ... yes ... yes, many do.
Antithesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:32 PM   #433
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
I wonder about this myself and then I think of all the times you see plastic testicles hanging from the back bumper of trucks and I realize ... yes ... yes, many do.
Ooh. I just remembered that I want to punch people that have balls hanging from their trucks in their faces.

^^Edit* did that sentence make sense?
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:17 PM   #434
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

check here for some really really really bad commercials.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #435
Antithesis
Disenfranchised

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Ooh. I just remembered that I want to punch people that have balls hanging from their trucks in their faces.

^^Edit* did that sentence make sense?
Of course, in fact it opens a wide range of possibilities:

1) You want to punch these people in their faces
2) These people all have balls on their faces like Peter Griffin and you want to punch them there
Antithesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:18 PM   #436
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

The new scotiabank commerical

That girl is doing a burtal job at acting unless I'm missing something. She puts her arm around the guys arm, and then takes it out, and then puts it back in again. And then AGAIN at the end when they are going up the steps, she puts her arm in the same place, and takes it out while their going up the steps!

Make up your damn mind women!!!
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:25 PM   #437
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
The new scotiabank commerical

That girl is doing a burtal job at acting unless I'm missing something. She puts her arm around the guys arm, and then takes it out, and then puts it back in again. And then AGAIN at the end when they are going up the steps, she puts her arm in the same place, and takes it out while their going up the steps!

Make up your damn mind women!!!
I was just about to come onto this thread. Already tired of it after seein it twice
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:10 PM   #438
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Everytime I see that Rogers chick scream her fake happiness over her gift I want to offer her a cigarette and say was it good for you to?
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #439
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

I want to tell her to date outside her "My 5" so she would either learn to fake it better or not need to...
Julio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:48 PM   #440
annasuave
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanisleflamesfan View Post
I absolutely cannot stand the Dodge truck series of commercials. It appears to be various sorts of ‘teams’ of stereotypes of ‘manly-men’ (military, firefighters, cowboys) racing trucks through some kind of futuristic, hillbilly, deathmatch racecourse and then talking about how AWESOME and SWEET the trucks are. Okay, I get it, these are manly trucks, only ‘real men’ drive Dodge trucks, if I buy one my ‘manly-parts’ will increase in size, Dodge trucks are pure testosterone moulded into truck form, Dodge trucks are the vehicular equivalent of strangling a full-grown grizzly bear with a rope that you made from you own chest hair at the same time as bench-pressing two dozen sissy Ford trucks.

Yeah! And how come we don't see the "Hairstylists" and "Pastry Chefs" teams featured in that commerical?
annasuave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks