Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2023, 08:12 AM   #61
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
Should I pick up Ford (CLE RB) or Collins (HOU WR)? I have a high WW slot because I haven’t used it yet.
I don't think you go wrong with either guy. Depends on what you already have on your team. I likely would go Ford and then see if you can trade him. Watson has not looked good so Cleveland will want to keep running the ball. The injury to Conklin is concerning as it will impact their line. This next week is a tough match vs Tennessee who are really tough against the run.

But I do like Collins for rest of season. He's the Alpha there, Stroud is capable and they'll be behind and throwing a lot.
Old 09-20-2023, 08:28 AM   #62
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also sounds like Hunt will be signing in Cleveland so that changes things for Ford.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 08:46 AM   #63
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Also sounds like Hunt will be signing in Cleveland so that changes things for Ford.
I wonder how much though? Like this week he definitely gets the starting/#1 role. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part though.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 09:00 AM   #64
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Yes. Jacob's should play in front of Davis, Pacheco, or Reynolds.
The issue is that Jacobs has been trash so far this season while the other guys are at least producing something. Jacobs has a higher ceiling but I don't have much faith in LV.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 09:33 AM   #65
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
The issue is that Jacobs has been trash so far this season while the other guys are at least producing something. Jacobs has a higher ceiling but I don't have much faith in LV.
Your Steelers defence isn't the run killer it used to be, especially with Heyward out. Giving up 193 yards per game rushing. So if there is a week where Jacob's should see more action.

Pacheco had 7 points last week in standard and 8 in PPR. He gets little passing game usage and KC has 15 and 16 rushing attempts in their first two games and they don't run at the goal line. If anything I see them trying more passing against the Bears who just had Baker Mayfield complete like 78% of his passes for 300 yards against them.

I play PPR and Jacobs outscored Pacheco in that last week, in half point PPR they'd be equal. So the guy who's been trash is outscoring the productive guy. But if you want 8 point ceiling...start Pacheco.
Old 09-20-2023, 09:36 AM   #66
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I wonder how much though? Like this week he definitely gets the starting/#1 role. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part though.
I think Hunt at most would go back to his third down pass catcher and goal line role he used to have. He's not young anymore either even if his milage is lower. Ford would be more of a first and second down role that Chubb had. As you say the next two weeks Hunt would be a bit limited. But as I said earlier the Titans are not a team you like starting a RB against unless he's a part of the passing game.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2023, 12:30 PM   #67
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Someone just dropped Trevor Lawrence. I have to claim him and drop Jordan Love right? My other QB is Purdy after the Rogers injury. I doubt I get him, but I am the more QB needy team out there.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:06 AM   #68
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't think you go wrong with either guy. Depends on what you already have on your team. I likely would go Ford and then see if you can trade him. Watson has not looked good so Cleveland will want to keep running the ball. The injury to Conklin is concerning as it will impact their line. This next week is a tough match vs Tennessee who are really tough against the run.

But I do like Collins for rest of season. He's the Alpha there, Stroud is capable and they'll be behind and throwing a lot.
The one person ahead of me took Ford, so Collins is an easy pickup. I had Ford as the primary pickup and had Collins as backup. Hoping Collins can get some targets and RECs this week. He’s looked good with Stroud.

Quote:
Someone just dropped Trevor Lawrence. I have to claim him and drop Jordan Love right? My other QB is Purdy after the Rogers injury. I doubt I get him, but I am the more QB needy team out there.
I think you HAVE to pick Lawrence if you have the chance (I know I’m late to replying to this). Lawrence has a lot more gamebreakers that could get you points. Hard to pass up Ridley/Engram/Kirk/Jones over what GB has at the moment, and Love still acclimating to the starting QB position.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 10:16 AM   #69
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Yeah I made a claim but was too far down the waiver order. Brock Purdey held the fort for me on Thursday and has another nice matchup in week 4 so I'll keep playing him.

Right now my question is start 2 of
Tyler Lockett
Zay Flowers
Christian Kirk
Drake London

I'm going Lockett and Flowers. London is talented but the Falcons passing game is not good. Kirk is sitting because I think Houston will be more vulnerable to Ridley on the outside this week and a slot guy like Kirk will see less action.
Old 09-24-2023, 10:26 AM   #70
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

No Zay Jones for Jags, and Flowers first read % dropped quite a bit with Andrews back. But between Flowers, Kirk and Lockett it's close. In my DFS lines I have exposure to Lockett and Kirk
Old 09-24-2023, 10:39 AM   #71
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Christan Watson, JK Dobbins, Ekeler all on my roster im hoping Kamara can save my season.

Im in tough this year
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 02:06 PM   #72
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Achane is on my bench. Started Pacheco and Cook instead
Old 09-24-2023, 02:39 PM   #73
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Achane is on my bench. Started Pacheco and Cook instead

Yeah but can't get too upset about that. Not many other people out there would've started Achane
Old 09-24-2023, 02:43 PM   #74
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Yeah but can't get too upset about that. Not many other people out there would've started Achane
Maybe in a 5 RB league... But I kinda have to start him over Cook now.

Akers should be available next week too.
Old 09-24-2023, 02:54 PM   #75
Tuco
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I had B.Hall playing with Achane on the bench. Pain.
Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 02:59 PM   #76
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Who expected Denver to give up 70. I'm seething that Tyreek had a mediocre day for the Dolphins. But maybe taking Keenan Allen with my third round pick was smarter than I thought.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2023, 03:48 PM   #77
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Your Steelers defence isn't the run killer it used to be, especially with Heyward out. Giving up 193 yards per game rushing. So if there is a week where Jacob's should see more action.

Pacheco had 7 points last week in standard and 8 in PPR. He gets little passing game usage and KC has 15 and 16 rushing attempts in their first two games and they don't run at the goal line. If anything I see them trying more passing against the Bears who just had Baker Mayfield complete like 78% of his passes for 300 yards against them.

I play PPR and Jacobs outscored Pacheco in that last week, in half point PPR they'd be equal. So the guy who's been trash is outscoring the productive guy. But if you want 8 point ceiling...start Pacheco.
Those Pacheco points are pretty useless on my bench today.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2023, 07:23 PM   #78
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Who expected Denver to give up 70. I'm seething that Tyreek had a mediocre day for the Dolphins. But maybe taking Keenan Allen with my third round pick was smarter than I thought.
You and I are happy campers then.

My fantasy team put up 173 points. Had Mostert and K Allen with half of the points.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 09:28 PM   #79
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
You and I are happy campers then.

My fantasy team put up 173 points. Had Mostert and K Allen with half of the points.
Thanks to that Tutu Atwell TD...I lose 154.1 to 152.9. My opponent had Mostert, and JaMarr Chase did me in. I need to fix my TE problem.
Old 09-25-2023, 09:44 PM   #80
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had a pretty good week and had 205 points. My opponent had 305 though!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote