Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2019, 11:13 AM   #541
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

the pants have belt loops like regular jeans. The waist band has some type of different material with underarmour printed on it. I beleive the inner waistband is very similar to underarmour sweats that i have

no built in belt. i feel that you could use a regular leather belt, or a nylon/seat belt material style belt and adjust your footwear accordingly to achieve your intended look
Old 01-28-2019, 07:31 AM   #542
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Considering the weather and ice up yesterday I thought this morning was going to be interesting. Real nice to find most of the ride bare and dry and only a few spots that were iced up or puddles of melt that froze. Pretty easy riding overall.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #543
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speak for yourself! That was terrifying! The side streets are like curling rinks, complete with pebble...The path through confed was a mystery game, as a thin layer of snow was covering the bare/ice patches. Coming down the bluff...well that was a pucker party until I decided to walk the rest. Took me an extra 10 minutes today.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:39 AM   #544
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

I took my time today to make sure there weren't any new ice spots. Weird how it changes, you'd think it would always be the same. Wasn't too terrible.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:44 AM   #545
BurningYears
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nose Creek Pathway from the North up over fox hollow was pretty mint this morning. just a couple of glaciers to deal with. Always take my time on the under paths as Im never sure whats what down there
Old 01-28-2019, 11:02 AM   #546
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

What time do you ride? We may do the same route or a similar one. I'm usually on Nose Creek by about 6:25am.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:55 AM   #547
BurningYears
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
What time do you ride? We may do the same route or a similar one. I'm usually on Nose Creek by about 6:25am.

I'm either dead asleep or pressing snooze at 6:30am lol. I'm usually around 8am or so.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:07 PM   #548
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn, tomorrow's gonna be cold. Gonna need the feet and hand warmers...and full face mask. Hope the wind at least cooperates. I put my bike in the garage from the shed, as it is about 20 degrees warmer. when it hits -25 stuff stops worknig as well, hopefully this helps a bit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2019, 03:32 PM   #549
pope04
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Damn, tomorrow's gonna be cold. Gonna need the feet and hand warmers...and full face mask. Hope the wind at least cooperates. I put my bike in the garage from the shed, as it is about 20 degrees warmer. when it hits -25 stuff stops worknig as well, hopefully this helps a bit.
I find the component that seems to gets hinky for me when it's this cold is the freehub body. I put my rear wheel outside for a couple hours today just to make sure........I'm not sure if I'll be up to it if it's this cold tomorrow.
pope04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:28 PM   #550
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Booked a trip to Phoenix and Tuscon in the end of February. Going to do lots of mountain biking. Any suggestions?
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:57 AM   #551
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

kudos to those of you that are out this morning on your two wheeled knives carving out your piece of the dream.

you folks are beasts
Old 02-04-2019, 07:38 AM   #552
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was a pretty good ride, up until my goggles fogged. I couldn't find my keys after I got bundled up, and overheated looking for them, which led to early fogging...Shifting was a little reluctant around the small cogs, so I stayed out of them.

I did break out a set of hand warmers, and toe warmers along with my electric foot beds, so I had some extra help. But with that, and the full face mask it dodn't really feel any different than -10 days. Not that i'm looknig forward to more of it...
Old 02-04-2019, 07:40 AM   #553
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

And of course Winter ride to work day is this Friday, -20...Couldn't have been 2 weeks ago!
Old 02-04-2019, 07:46 AM   #554
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just like you Fuzz my biggest problem was the goggles fogging up almost right away on the ride. Had to take them off and try to scrub off the frost. Got enough off to be able to continue the ride.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:38 AM   #555
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yikes, the pathway under centre street on the north side has ice dammed up overnight. Was cruising eastbound this morning and thought it was just some ice, that was until I hit it and broke through like 3-4" of river ice. Thought I was gonna catch and bail, luckily I didn't. Fellow rider Brett Bergie got this shot of it this morning:

https://twitter.com/brettbergie/stat...239502849?s=20

Goggles were a mess again this morning, same with safety glasses. So I just took them off and rode without this morning. Eyelashes freezing together every now and then was annoying but at least I could see.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2019, 07:51 AM   #556
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh wow, that is a nasty one. Kudos to Brett for being brave enough to stop, get out a phone and take a picture in this cold.

My goggles were also a mess again, but I brought my glasses to sub in at the bottom of the hill...which did nothing for me as they fogged up as soon as I put them on...
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2019, 07:57 AM   #557
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was debating a picture but I figure my iphone would have died within seconds. Glad she got the picture.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #558
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

The Bike Shop opened up their new South location today. They're moving out of the old Cyclepath location to 7413 Macleod Trail SW next to Original Joes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtY7Bf1hTcM/
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2019, 07:02 PM   #559
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can hardly wait to spend money there.....
Old 02-08-2019, 10:36 AM   #560
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Winter bike to work day today, plus with the Winter Cycling Congress going on here this week the coffee outside crew was on the rise at St. Patrick's island with a fire going. Was great to meet some new #yycbike crew folks and even some from Edmonton that came down. Coolest thing was Dr. Dragly and his cargo bike complete with coffee machine set up making fresh brew for everyone this morning. CTV was on site and interviewed him and some others if you want to check it out.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post: