Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > Ticket Exchange
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-16-2019, 02:39 PM   #1
N26
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Bags in dome

So a friend of mine from Mexico is driving between Vancouver and Calgary right now and he intends to go to the game tonight shortly after his arrival.

He asked me if he would have any problems getting in with a small backpack. As I am in the Bahamas and haven't been to a Flames game in the dome for over 5 years I am not a great resource. I checked the website and it didn't say anything one way or another. I tried the ticket service line but I am not getting through which is probably a Bahamas Telecom issue.

His previous NHL experiences were all in Toronto, where he went to school, and apparently backpacks were not allowed. Does anyone know the Saddledome policy?
N26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:45 PM   #2
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Getting in by hiding inside a backpack? Probably not.

But you are allowed to bring in a bag with you. Security will check it at the door to make sure you are not carrying anything illegal like alcohol or weapons. So your friends should have no problem at all, but he is from Mexico... (I joke at the last part.)
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lazypucker For This Useful Post:
N26
Old 09-16-2019, 02:50 PM   #3
N26
Scoring Winger

Exp:

A real live Mexican hockey fan, like a black astronaut, must be valued for it's uniqueness

Thanks for the quick reply
N26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:53 PM   #4
ST20
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

You have to check your bag with customer service (It's free). They walk you over and give you a tag and you pick up your bag at the end of the game.
ST20 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ST20 For This Useful Post:
N26
Old 09-21-2019, 11:09 AM   #5
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST20 View Post
You have to check your bag with customer service (It's free). They walk you over and give you a tag and you pick up your bag at the end of the game.
That must be either new or spotily enforced. I took a bag last year when I took my son - backpack with a bunch of his stuff (sweater, a book in case he got bored, headphones for noise, etc). They went through it (the security guy said they mainly check for alcohol) but let me keep it without issue. YMMV.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #6
ST20
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
That must be either new or spotily enforced. I took a bag last year when I took my son - backpack with a bunch of his stuff (sweater, a book in case he got bored, headphones for noise, etc). They went through it (the security guy said they mainly check for alcohol) but let me keep it without issue. YMMV.
It may be the size of your bag and knowing you have a kid so you'd need to carry his stuff. I went to the game after work so my bag was full of my work and cycling stuff. The explanation to me was that It has to be small enough to fit under your seat and it can't be left where people walk.
ST20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #7
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST20 View Post
It may be the size of your bag and knowing you have a kid so you'd need to carry his stuff. I went to the game after work so my bag was full of my work and cycling stuff. The explanation to me was that It has to be small enough to fit under your seat and it can't be left where people walk.
Yours wasn't a Paw Patrol backpack then?

Makes sense, this easily fit under the seat.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:37 PM   #8
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Who in the right mind will put their bag under the seat at the Dome? Drunken idiots will just spill beer and other disgusting fluids on it....
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote