Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #161
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

@RyanNPike
Last word from the venue is that tonight's Flames/Ducks game will go on as scheduled, but they're monitoring the situation closely.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:48 PM   #162
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

This has to be a sign.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #163
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess you might say the Flames are here to burn down your village.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #164
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Tonight's the night... Ducks have a ton of injuries, Flames ended last game on a hot streak with some confidence, and this is the best, deepest Flames team I've seen in years - now that I've seen how Smith is going to play behind our D even early on with room for more familiarity - this is the most optimistic I've been since the post cup final year in 05. Thinking the streak is going down finally unless the smoke stops them.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:52 PM   #165
Chonger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesrule_kipper34 View Post
So question.

In Toronto, get Sportsnet channels but not Sportsnet Flames obviously.

I have the Sportsnet app AND I have Gamecentre thru my Rogers subscription for cell.

Will I be able to watch the game in Toronto thru anything and not be affected by any sort of blackouts?
This sounds like one of those impossible math questions. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2017, 03:54 PM   #166
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Liked how fast the Gaudreau-Bennett-Lazar line was last game. Will be interesting to see if Bennett can grab hold of the no.1 center spot, he's been given the opportunity in the past but it now seems like he's more ready. We shall see
Please please please
Old 10-09-2017, 03:55 PM   #167
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So question.

I have the Sportsnet app AND I have Gamecentre thru my Rogers subscription for cell.

Will I be able to watch the game in Toronto thru anything and not be affected by any sort of blackouts?
IIRC you can edit your hosts file to cheese the blackouts or something. I did it once when I was travelling east but it's been a while..

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
Old 10-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #168
camm13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

In other news, Johnson let in 6 goals on 22 shots vs New Jersey today. Smith trade looking good so far
Old 10-09-2017, 04:02 PM   #169
dave120
Draft Pick

I believe centerice is doing a free preview till tomorrow Oct.11
Old 10-09-2017, 04:03 PM   #170
Cycling76er
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
So question.

You should be able to watch it through Rogers GCL. You are in a blacked out area therefore you can legitimately watch the game. I, unfortunately, live in Winnipeg and can watch all of the games except the ones where we play the Jets. For that, I have to suffer watching the games with Jets fans (though it was sweet sweet bliss watching it on Saturday).
Old 10-09-2017, 04:05 PM   #171
lvsteven
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Thumbs down

I hate to be "that guy," but have any of you looked at Jagr's twitter? He obviously expected not to play at all, with tweets as far back as July whining that he had zero calls from anyone.

Now he is completely out of shape it sounds like, and does not want to come in under-conditioned and risking injury.

I wonder how long it will have to take?
It certainly is a little bit annoying to me, as we could definitely use him in Anaheim, of all places!

**Edit - "out of shape" for him is a very funny and subjective term. I am absolutely pumped he is part of the team and a big fan of what he does bring, whenever he can start playing.

Last edited by lvsteven; 10-09-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:10 PM   #172
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsteven View Post
I hate to be "that guy," but have any of you looked at Jagr's twitter? He obviously expected not to play at all, with tweets as far back as July whining that he had zero calls from anyone.

Now he is completely out of shape it sounds like, and does not want to come in under-conditioned and risking injury.

It certainly is a little bit annoying to me, as we could definitely use him in Anaheim, of all places!
First of all, they were jokes. That wasn't whining. That's just his personality. I wouldn't read anything into it.

Second, he's been training all off-season by himself. He didn't have a training camp. He just needs to get his timing back. He's also 45 years old, it might take him a week to get ready. If he feels playing would hurt the team, then I'm fine with him not playing.

Jagr will be good to go soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2017, 04:10 PM   #173
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

**Edit - "out of shape" for him is a very funny and subjective term. I am absolutely pumped he is part of the team and a big fan of what he does bring, whenever he can start playing.
Also, don't forget the higher altitude of Calgary. It may take him some additional time to acclimate.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #174
handgroen
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

i also hate that you're 'that guy'

is your cat doing singing?
Old 10-09-2017, 04:13 PM   #175
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Man those fires look pretty bad. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see the game eventually be cancelled. Hope everyone’s ok that has had to evacuate.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:14 PM   #176
Young_Guns
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Quite honestly, Anaheim would be the worst place for him to suit up for his debut. The risk of injury would be too high, especially considering that Jagr isn't at 100% game shape. My guess would be he makes his debut at home against Ottawa.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #177
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jagr teaching moments (Chucky, Johnny, TheBeard) make his 1m cap hit worth every penny IMO.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lanny'sDaMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #178
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Pike on Twitter:
NHL representative on Calgary/Anaheim: "Game on."

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2017, 04:29 PM   #179
christoph186
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Oh my, what if we won and then throughout the night the Honda centre burns down. My that would be an emphatic way to end the curse. For realsies, hope everyone in the area is safe. I had a pretty scary encounter with a forest fire in BC a few years back, scary stuff. Go Flames!
Old 10-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #180
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Really looking forward to this one. But obviously personal safety comes first. GFG
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heep223 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
ducks , flames , jagr