Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-24-2020, 05:12 AM   #1081
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saw an add for the NBA finals on ABC (or whatever network I was watching). It only had clips of Boston and L.A. Don't tell me that the league isn't trying to make that happen. This is why I sincerely hope it's a Denver/Miami finals. Just to screw with their predetermined narrative.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2020, 10:38 AM   #1082
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well at this point it definitely appears that it will be a Miami finals. There were a few shenanigans in the game yesterday that of course all went Boston's way but nothing too egregious.

But the hilarious thing is that the Lakers have now officially complained to the league that LeBron should be getting more free throws. Yeah guys, don't worry, you'll be fine. They're not going to let you down.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:50 PM   #1083
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

They are 100% angling for a Miami/LA finals. Without Lebron the ratings would tank and they know it
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:10 PM   #1084
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This is a good game. Jamal is awesome... so fun. Denver only down by 4 with 5:30 left.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:21 PM   #1085
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Pretty cool how they don't call obvious fouls on Lebron late in the game. That hand on Murray's shot could have turned the game.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:24 PM   #1086
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Ya that Murray non call was a vital moment.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:29 PM   #1087
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nuggets have the Lakers right where they want them.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2020, 06:18 AM   #1088
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
They are 100% angling for a Miami/LA finals. Without Lebron the ratings would tank and they know it
Yep. The neat minor story line would be Pat Riley's history with both teams and winning championships with both teams.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:20 AM   #1089
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Nuggets have the Lakers right where they want them.
For the 3rd straight series the Nuggets go down that road again. Bet on the Nuggets to come back again and win the series and win some big money.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:42 AM   #1090
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazing shot by Murray. So much skill

https://twitter.com/i/events/1309314114859098112?s=21

https://twitter.com/nuggets/status/1...716655104?s=21
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calculoso For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2020, 10:08 PM   #1091
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Celtics stay alive with massive second half comeback. Yuck. I just want them out. Here's hoping for a game 6 finish for Miami.

....and go Nuggets! Would be epic to see them comeback from 3-1 for a third time in a row.

I've found the NBA games far more entertaining than the Stanley cup finals for some odd reason. I have zero interest in watching TB-DAL fight it out, its almost completely off my radar.

Last edited by greyshep; 09-25-2020 at 10:10 PM.
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:38 PM   #1092
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ I think the quality of the basketball has been better, relatively speaking, compared to the NHL playoffs which really do seem to lack some emotion. There’s been tons of drama in the NBA so far.

Looking like Denver on the brink right now. You can only do the comeback thing so many times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 08:49 PM   #1093
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

^^^^^

They're kind of being semi forced into needing a comeback, imo. This is too important for the NBA with all the lost ticket revenue.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:19 AM   #1094
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

It must be kind of cool to see all the teams leave and you’re now one of 2 teams left in the bubble. Shades of minor hockey tournaments except at nicer hotels over a longer period.

The fan experience isn’t so great but not something the players will ever forget.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:57 PM   #1095
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of the Raptors' offseason questions just got resolved, with Marc Gasol signing in Spain for next year, which will probably turn into his retirement transition. I'm really happy for the way things came together for him and the Raptors last year, he was exactly the right player the Raptors needed (despite my initial apprehension about the trade). But it was clear this year that despite being a very cerebral player, the physical side of the game was passing him by quickly.

New question is where they fill the void at center now (and do they hold on to Serge?). Back-up minutes for Boucher? Acquire a vet, or a young low-upside guy like Nerlins Noel?
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #1096
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
One of the Raptors' offseason questions just got resolved, with Marc Gasol signing in Spain for next year, which will probably turn into his retirement transition. I'm really happy for the way things came together for him and the Raptors last year, he was exactly the right player the Raptors needed (despite my initial apprehension about the trade). But it was clear this year that despite being a very cerebral player, the physical side of the game was passing him by quickly.

New question is where they fill the void at center now (and do they hold on to Serge?). Back-up minutes for Boucher? Acquire a vet, or a young low-upside guy like Nerlins Noel?
Montrezl Harrell
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:47 PM   #1097
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Montrezl Harrell
Not sure they could realistically make that happen. They're over the cap even without Gasol, so they'd have to renounce their cap-holds on both Ibaka and Van Vleet to even have room to make a reasonable offer to Harrell.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 02:06 PM   #1098
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sportsnet reporting that Gasol has signed with Barcelona
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:05 PM   #1099
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm grateful to Gasol for last years run but agree fully that this year he wasn't the same guy. You could probably see the frustration that he was a step slower and caused those fouls unnecessarily. If we're being heartless about this and looking at things from an asset management perspective, I'd frankly deal Lowry, and take my chances with FVV. But after the Masai got grief for dealing franchise Derozan, I'm not sure he'll make that move. Ibaka, I think they'd need in the short term, and he LOVES it in Toronto genuinely, so wouldn't be surprised if he takes a smaller salary. But I could see the game passing him by in a season too. I guess Masai and Webster seem to be a step ahead in what the future plans are, and have no doubt that the roster will change dramatically this season again. I don't think Boucher is a viable starter but I really want to see Terence Davis more. With some guidance and the right coaching I think the guy can be a star, without exaggeration.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 06:54 PM   #1100
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I’d definitely like to see more of Davis too, I really like what we’ve seen so far. They’ll have to move one of the short guys though, tough to find minutes for all of Lowry, FVV, Powell and Davis when they are all 6’4 and under.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:

Tags
drake curse lifted , rtz , we the defending champs