Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #41
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudfather View Post
Need a win tonight to come home with a .500 record on the road trip!
I think a W gives them a winning record for the roadie. Loser points count.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2017, 02:44 PM   #42
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Connor, It's Mess View Post
Really excited to see Rittich start, this has been a long time coming for him. I fully expect the Flames to bounce back after last night and tighten up defensively.
I sure hope you're right but I have a bad feeling that they come out of the gates really slow (as usual) and the Avs get a couple quick ones as a result of a poor turnover or two from Dougie Hamilton and/or TJ Brodie.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:46 PM   #43
iamca
First Line Centre

Exp:

Going early to tonight's game with my daughter. Sitting in the 6th row Section 130 with the help of a season ticket holder and Stub Hub.

Can't wait to see the boys play in person the first time this season.

GFG!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to iamca For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #44
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

They've got to tighten everything up, we cant keep playing river hockey and having 10 goal games. Thats not our style, we simply arent built to play that way.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 11-25-2017, 02:49 PM   #45
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I think a W gives them a winning record for the roadie. Loser points count.
Technically you are correct - I was just referring to win/loss record.

Btw, looks like Ferland gets the After Hours slot tonight with Scott Oake!
Old 11-25-2017, 03:25 PM   #46
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
They've got to tighten everything up, we cant keep playing river hockey and having 10 goal games. Thats not our style, we simply arent built to play that way.

- Surferguy

Last edited by Puppet Guy; 11-25-2017 at 03:27 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2017, 03:30 PM   #47
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looking forward to a strong performance from Rittich, a bounceback game for the defence, and most of all a win so we can go back to just firing the coach instead of half the roster.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2017, 03:57 PM   #48
OldSam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Please limit turnovers and provide what will be a really excited goalie with some d so he gets a chance to show us what he is capable of. Oh, and please win.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:57 PM   #49
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Expecting a much better performance and lights out goal tending tonight. Anything less is unacceptable
Old 11-25-2017, 04:57 PM   #50
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

2 things I'm watching for tonight:

#1 Tkachuk's intensity. Last year he really toned it down and lost a chunk of his season after he was given a talking to in the Doughty incident. Did the NHL or the team do it again after the Wings suspension? Has it affected his mental game?

#2 Ferland and the penalty box. One of the most impressive things for me this season has been the effectiveness of Ferland on the top line while also staying out of the box. 7 pm on the season so far for Ferland. That's great for how physical he plays. Will it continue?
Old 11-25-2017, 05:03 PM   #51
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hoping for better but the Flames were playing well outside of brain farts and basically we’ll in control of things yesterday halfway through the third, yet found a way to lose it.

Tail end of the trip with a team that is good at home on second part of a back to back. Going to be tough even with the assumption the turnovers will be less, and less costly this game.

GG had given everyone more even overall ice time last night, likely in anticipation of back to back fatigue. Hopefully they pull through.

GFG.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:41 PM   #52
Zoller
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Boys going to have to tighten up defensively for Rittich tonight. Here's hoping for a low scoring game with the Flames playing much better defensively
Old 11-25-2017, 06:11 PM   #53
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
2 things I'm watching for tonight:

#1 Tkachuk's intensity. Last year he really toned it down and lost a chunk of his season after he was given a talking to in the Doughty incident. Did the NHL or the team do it again after the Wings suspension? Has it affected his mental game?

#2 Ferland and the penalty box. One of the most impressive things for me this season has been the effectiveness of Ferland on the top line while also staying out of the box. 7 pm on the season so far for Ferland. That's great for how physical he plays. Will it continue?
Yeah, the talking to that he received after the Doughty incident really took the wind out of his sales last year. I really hope the (ridiculous) suspension doesn't do the same thing.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:13 PM   #54
ASP#26525
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

All those early games lately and I wasn't even been able to watch them due to various engagements. And now this one starts at 1130 and I gotta wake up at 5... Good thing I can take a nap at work tomorrow GFG!
Old 11-25-2017, 06:23 PM   #55
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really pumped to see Rittich tonight. He has done everything asked of him and more in the AHL, and has looked great. Hopefully the jitters won't affect him too much, and he can just settle into the game.

I just want to see the defence (including forward help) keep things from getting out of control. Hopefully the quality of the back end shines at both ends of the ice tonight. Just keep the high-danger chances to a minimum this time please.

Colorado seems to be such a different team this year. Last year they were the laughing stock of the NHL, but this year they seemed to have so far taken a huge stride forward. They are a +3 overall in team plus/minus, and though they sit outside of a playoff spot right now, a win gives them the chance to leap from a bunch of teams and actually be the top wildcard team in the west.

I am curious to see how they are playing now.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:18 PM   #56
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love playing Colorado because of the Mackinnon/Monahan draft battle that’s going on

Mony has 39 more goals than Mackinnon and so far is far and away the best goal scorer of that draft and is the current leading goal scorer from his draft year - basically a .71 PPG player!

Not too shabby for a garbageman
Old 11-25-2017, 07:33 PM   #57
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
I love playing Colorado because of the Mackinnon/Monahan draft battle that’s going on

Mony has 39 more goals than Mackinnon and so far is far and away the best goal scorer of that draft and is the current leading goal scorer from his draft year - basically a .71 PPG player!

Not too shabby for a garbageman
Eagerly anticipating the group of posters on CP to come in and tell us that Barkov is the superior player.

You know who you are!
Old 11-25-2017, 07:33 PM   #58
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Versteeg not on ice for warm up.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:36 PM   #59
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would really just love to see a decent performance from the defense and maybe have a game where the Flames don't give up 40+ shots. Good luck to Rittich, would be a very nice surprise if he was able to lock down that backup role. AHL numbers have been outstanding since he's come over

Last edited by Beninho; 11-25-2017 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:37 PM   #60
greentree
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Yeah, the talking to that he received after the Doughty incident really took the wind out of his sales last year. I really hope the (ridiculous) suspension doesn't do the same thing.
He's not Willy Loman.
(whoosh)
The Following User Says Thank You to greentree For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
no more turnovers , salvage the roadie , win