Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 10:24 PM   #4701
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Some of these “undecided” voters in Ohio on CNN are totally in the bag for Trump.
Biden is right "you ain't Black" if you vote for Trump...he just stood up for white supremists FFS
Old 09-29-2020, 10:54 PM   #4702
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chockfullofgoodness View Post
Oh, ###### off, you condescending a-hole. It was one video that may or may not be valid. Go ###### yourself.
Why so serious?

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 09-29-2020, 10:56 PM   #4703
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh, ###### off, you condescending a-hole. It was one video that may or may not be valid. Go ###### yourself.
Is this the Minneapolis Police thread?
Old 09-29-2020, 10:56 PM   #4704
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I honestly wonder as a politician in 2020 how you can score a TKO against Trump.

If you take the high road, you're considered weak. If you fire back you're "un presidential"

I mean the debate we all want to see, that we never will is the great orator (Obama) vs the great narcissistic bully. But gawd damn Trump is very good at what he does.

What I saw was the flawed candidate that we all know in Biden do the best he could against the constant variable that Trump is. Anyone expecting anything new from Trump is kidding themselves. Biden was flustered by an unhinged bully, but I thought he actually did OK.

But seriously I'd need to go back to find previous public speaking appearances from Biden to see if he's a natural bumbler or if its a symptom of his age. He's always searching for the correct word, and instead of pausing he just blurts out verbal diarrhea, coming across as a bumbler.

People want to rip off the bandaid and snap back to the America as presented in Hollywood, when in reality, in much the same way America has slowly devolved into an autocratic state, its going to take time to dig out of this deep ditch. Voting out Trump for whatever cardboard cutout that is willing to fill his spot, is step 1.

Last edited by sa226; 09-29-2020 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:01 PM   #4705
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where's Ann Richards when you need her?

Old 09-29-2020, 11:04 PM   #4706
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

what a ####ing debacle of a debate.

Trump simply cannot debate or discuss facts. It just devolves into a shouting match because Trump constantly throws #### to see what sticks to the wall.

The GOP enablers are the ones to blame for this... ####show describes it quite accurately.

Sadly, i think that the election is still up in the air because of the stupidity of the GOP base.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:22 PM   #4707
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
I honestly wonder as a politician in 2020 how you can score a TKO against Trump.

If you take the high road, you're considered weak. If you fire back you're "un presidential"

I mean the debate we all want to see, that we never will is the great orator (Obama) vs the great narcissistic bully. But gawd damn Trump is very good at what he does.

What I saw was the flawed candidate that we all know in Biden do the best he could against the constant variable that Trump is. Anyone expecting anything new from Trump is kidding themselves. Biden was flustered by an unhinged bully, but I thought he actually did OK.

But seriously I'd need to go back to find previous public speaking appearances from Biden to see if he's a natural bumbler or if its a symptom of his age. He's always searching for the correct word, and instead of pausing he just blurts out verbal diarrhea, coming across as a bumbler.

People want to rip off the bandaid and snap back to the America as presented in Hollywood, when in reality, in much the same way America has slowly devolved into an autocratic state, its going to take time to dig out of this deep ditch. Voting out Trump for whatever cardboard cutout that is willing to fill his spot, is step 1.
You didn't know Joe Biden has issues with stuttering? Its talked about a lot

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calgaryred For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 11:27 PM   #4708
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Trump went full Trump, you never go full Trump....

As far as I am concerned the election is over. Biden won by saying less and letting it all happen.

Last edited by Flamenspiel; 09-29-2020 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:35 PM   #4709
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's impossible to have a classic debate with Trump. He yells, interrupts constantly, and changes the subject constantly.

I thought Biden did the best he could against that onslaught of verbal diarrhea, but you just know the deplorables think it was awesome.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:40 PM   #4710
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

538 has Biden at 78%

Unless there is a Comey 2.0 Trump is losing...that is why he is already making excuses

People are gun shy because of last time I get it but this is different. Trumps tactics are a harder sell when he is the establishment and the guy in charge and not the "shake things up" guy.

Also, Hillary

Harris will destroy Pence if anyone cares

Last edited by dino7c; 09-29-2020 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:55 AM   #4711
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

A true debate is one where the agreed upon facts are presented in a logical argument in order to support a particular viewpoint.

You cannot debate when one participant makes up facts and doesn't deal in logic. It's immediately disqualifying, yet Trump gets to continue spewing garbage for a couple hours.

These are a waste of ####ing time. It's another opportunity for Trump to get more airtime and rile up the fringe lunatics. Let's get to the polls and get this over with already.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 05:50 AM   #4712
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just in case you want to read the whole debate transcript sometime....

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...ranscript-2020
Old 09-30-2020, 07:23 AM   #4713
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last night maybe a defining moment in the fall of an empire.

This, to me, was maybe the most concerning thing to come out of that debacle.
Quote:
I’m urging my supporters to go into the polls and to watch very carefully because that’s what has to happen.
Jesus
Old 09-30-2020, 07:31 AM   #4714
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Trump did this in 2016, so I'm beginning to wonder who decides how these debates are held, because this way basically allows him to just spew off crap.

I don't get it.

Good luck America.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:31 AM   #4715
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1311294689459548164

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 07:34 AM   #4716
Suave
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post

Trump has done a lot for Alberta, and I really think Biden would cancel all of it, and throw up more anti-trade barriers. Yet Trump is a rather large problem socially.

Just messy.
I am trying to think of what Trump has done for Alberta? I think he has been really bad for the Alberta Oil industry. He has worked to suppress the price of oil, which is the number one driver for a healthy patch. A higher price over the past four years would have been a cure for a lot of the ills the province has seen. Keystone XL will be great once its finished, but approval and construction even languished under Trump. Not to mention the off and on again tariffs on Canadian goods, poor handling of Covid which is causing prolonged boarder closing which is a big blow to trade and especially to the Alberta tourist industry.

Biden would hopefully bring in the environmental regulations that will allow the US to keep on producing oil but it a more responsible way. This should limit the pace of growth which in turn helps Oil prices and therefore Alberta. Also have more balanced trade policy's especially with its neighbors and allies.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:37 AM   #4717
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Harris will destroy Pence if anyone cares
Pence may surprise. I didn't realize he previously was a talk radio host. Probably accustomed to the back and forth. I think he'll be able to hang with her for the most part.

I agree that Harris will do great though.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:39 AM   #4718
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish Biden would call Trump out for screwing our future for some short term gain to make him look good. It is pervasive in everything he does as president and in life.

A little more diligence early in the pandemic, instead of working against masks and shutdowns would allow the economy to be a lot better now, and in the long run. Some short term gain for long term gain is the opportunity Trump missed out on.

The tax cuts were the same thing. He unnecessarily mortgaged the future pump money into an already strong economy, and now that has limited the ability to deal with the financial fallout of COVID.

It fits nicely with the revelations about his personal finances. He's all about the short game with no care for the long game. Make himself look good at the moment is all he cares about, even if there is no foundation and it's all just built on debt.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:42 AM   #4719
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I honestly had no idea. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
And this is why media literacy needs to be taught in schools.
Quote:
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 07:44 AM   #4720
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Both these men are way too old to be POTUS. There should be an age cut off.
The place can take on any nation with their force, but they are a global laughing stock.

They are like the Biff Tannen of countries.
Closed Thread