Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-24-2021, 01:27 PM   #1
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Guide to Getting Your Vaccine 'Passport'

Many of us will not be getting a vaccine 'passport' from our state/provincial governments, and yet it will be required in many instances soon.
Let's share information in hopes that verification causes no issues!

For those of us here in America:
clearme.com is a great option. It is already accepted in several stadiums (Mets, Raiders, etc) - meaning designated no line entrances (currently) - and is partnered with United Airlines, the state of Hawaii and coming soon to OpenTable reservations. There were partners with the NHL managing the bubbles in 2020 playoffs.

I found it very easy to sign up and certify my vaccinated status. All of which does not require their paid service. I can pull up my vax card at any time of link it to tickets/establishments that require proof of vax.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:40 PM   #2
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm double vaxxed but neither of my shots show up on the MyHealth app/website. Any idea how to fix this?

First shot was a Pfizer back in May, at the Bannister Road AHS site (really surprised the AHS administered shot wouldn't be logged)

Second shot was a Moderna in late June at the Okotoks Costco.

Any tips would be much appreciated!
jroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:52 PM   #3
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc View Post
I'm double vaxxed but neither of my shots show up on the MyHealth app/website. Any idea how to fix this?

First shot was a Pfizer back in May, at the Bannister Road AHS site (really surprised the AHS administered shot wouldn't be logged)

Second shot was a Moderna in late June at the Okotoks Costco.

Any tips would be much appreciated!
Make sure you account is verified with your Drivers Licence. It wont update if not completely verified.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
14, jroc
Old 08-25-2021, 07:24 AM   #4
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
Make sure you account is verified with your Drivers Licence. It wont update if not completely verified.

My 2nd shot wasn't showing until I verified my licence. Instantly showed up once it was verified though.
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:36 AM   #5
Izzle
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSpooge View Post
My 2nd shot wasn't showing until I verified my licence. Instantly showed up once it was verified though.
Hmm... I might have to check this out later. How do you go about verifying your driver's licence?
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:38 AM   #6
Benched
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My 2nd shot wasn’t showing up on the app until I logged into an HTML session on my PC which updated it automatically. (Site was also having issues yesterday so I had to log out and in a couple times to get the status update that said “updating your records” before it popped in there)
Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:40 AM   #7
Benched
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzle View Post
Hmm... I might have to check this out later. How do you go about verifying your driver's licence?
If itís like my wife and I they mail you a confirmation Code to your address on file. Use that code within 2 weeks to unlock your account
Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:47 AM   #8
Izzle
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
If itís like my wife and I they mail you a confirmation Code to your address on file. Use that code within 2 weeks to unlock your account
Aw crap, I've already done all that. Still the second dose ain't showing up
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:54 AM   #9
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Maybe you dreamt getting your second shot. Just go get a third dose to be sure.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:15 AM   #10
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

My wife and I signed up for myGealth, and are now waiting for the mailed code.
Old 08-25-2021, 10:34 AM   #11
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

I should ask, how does MyHealth work for our children, who do not have a drivers licence?
Old 08-25-2021, 10:38 AM   #12
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
I should ask, how does MyHealth work for our children, who do not have a drivers licence?
You can link them to your account.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2021, 10:48 AM   #13
Playfair
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I know that the opinion isn't a popular one here. I lurk, read, watch. Is there anyone here who is opposed to these things? Is there people who see things from the other side? I am looking at it subjectively. It isn't that I am opposed at all, that isn't what I am saying, but I do know that there is concern so it would be interesting.

As for me I have been watching and reading. It is obvious when there is a bias one way or the other. Some are scientific, some opinion. is this government overreach or just a natural reaction to a health crisis? I suppose that is a different question. Just thinking as I read

It isn't a debate I am looking for but just honest, subjective dialogue. I have some friends who are dead set against it, others dead set for it. And here I sit in the middle to be honest.
Playfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:51 AM   #14
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
You can link them to your account.
Can I link both of them to both parentsí accounts? Or does one parent have to link them?
Old 08-25-2021, 11:09 AM   #15
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playfair View Post
I know that the opinion isn't a popular one here. I lurk, read, watch. Is there anyone here who is opposed to these things? Is there people who see things from the other side? I am looking at it subjectively. It isn't that I am opposed at all, that isn't what I am saying, but I do know that there is concern so it would be interesting.

As for me I have been watching and reading. It is obvious when there is a bias one way or the other. Some are scientific, some opinion. is this government overreach or just a natural reaction to a health crisis? I suppose that is a different question. Just thinking as I read

It isn't a debate I am looking for but just honest, subjective dialogue. I have some friends who are dead set against it, others dead set for it. And here I sit in the middle to be honest.
Here’s the thing. We would probably rather not do this.

However, we basically know that we have two options at this point, as we aren’t at herd immunity yet.

1. Lockdown /restrict everyone as we did previously.

2. Lockdown /restrict only those who are unvaccinated.

#1 is a terrible option, because the people who are unvaccinated overlap significantly with the people who wouldn’t follow the rules anyway. Also, it greatly punishes the majority who have already received the vaccination, and punishes them for very little gain, since any risk is much reduced.

That leaves us with option #2, and the question becomes, how do we implement this? Without some kind of easy proof to show, it becomes basically impossible to implement. This option also may motivate more unvaccinated people to get their shots, which is necessary to get out of this cycle in a reasonable time frame - essentially nearly all unvaccinated people would have to get the disease, but spread out enough to not overwhelm our health care system. There still are over a million eligible people in Alberta without a first dose. Multiplying that by the projected hospitalization and death rates leaves us just getting started into this whole thing. Likely would end up with 5-10 times as many deaths as we have now.

We have already used the carrot, we have to try more methods to get more people vaccinated, because of the massive impact to society continuing if we don’t. It’s time to use the stick.
Old 08-25-2021, 11:09 AM   #16
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

I registered for MyHealth on my computer yesterday, entered in my drivers license number and it told me I had to wait to get a confirmation code in the mail. I downloaded the app today and signed in, entered my AB health care number and was able see both my vaccinations. Not sure what the drivers license pin is going to be for?
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:21 AM   #17
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
I registered for MyHealth on my computer yesterday, entered in my drivers license number and it told me I had to wait to get a confirmation code in the mail. I downloaded the app today and signed in, entered my AB health care number and was able see both my vaccinations. Not sure what the drivers license pin is going to be for?
Same for me.
1) downloaded app
2) created account on app
3) entered drivers license.
4) was told a code will be sent via mail.
At this point, no vaccination info was shown on the app.

A few days later the code arrived. I opened the app, and already saw all of my vaccination info displayed.

Just to make sure, I went to the webpage for the code, and entered the code in.

I suspect the vaccinations showed up after my drivers license was verified, but that's just a guess as I never opened the app again until the code arrived in the mail.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:23 AM   #18
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playfair View Post

There are obviously concerns with any kind of vaccine passport. Beyond the privacy/ethical concerns (some of which are more legitimate than others), they're simply going to be a pain in the ass. But in terms of practicalities, it's looking like there are only really 3 options in the face of rising cases/hospitalizations:

1) Restrict willingly unvaccinated people, while keeping businesses open and allowing vaccinated people to live their lives relatively normally.

2) Restrict everyone, which will inflict economic and social harm on basically everyone.

3) Let the virus rip through the population, likely completely overwhelming the healthcare system (and in all likelihood shifting to option #2 relatively quickly).

Option #1 is really the only one that makes sense to go for in my mind (though it's possible we'll end up at #2 anyway). But ultimately, we can only really coddle unvaccinated people for so long while they use up an outsized portion of our healthcare system.

I do have some sympathy for younger people who might be vaccine-hesitant. I think they're totally wrong, but at least you can make the case that the risks of COVID are very low for them, so if they're paranoid about the vaccine then the logic at least makes some sense. But anyone over 50 or so who is willingly unvaccinated is a complete ****ing moron who is just going to eat up our healthcare capacity through their own idiocy. The fact that more than 1 in 10 65+ year olds in Alberta isn't vaccinated is just mind blowing. Those people have a roughly 20% chance of being hospitalized if they are infected, yet over 10% of them can't even be bothered to get vaccinated.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2021, 11:50 AM   #19
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

#### it. They should make hospitals require vaccine passports
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 12:12 PM   #20
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another point in the "carrot vs. stick" argument...

Since BC announced that vaccines will be required for access to non-essential businesses by mid-September on Monday, vaccination registrations more than doubled from the week prior.