Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2019, 03:46 PM   #21
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Great white buffalo.
Cat scratch fever
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:11 PM   #22
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Boy I dislike narratives like this. I've posted the long version of my response a billion times but here is the short version:

Take away the one bad game (where he didn't get the benefit of a mercy pull) against Vegas and suddenly that is 3-3-1 and a league average .908 SV%. That includes Giordano's worst defensive performance of the season. And a few more pretty bad team performances against Boston and Colorado. And take away his overconfident giveaway against the Preds with a two goal lead and that becomes a .913

Rittich had a pretty bad game and the team wasn't very good in the second half. Sample size was way too small to be throwing around a phrase like "cringe-worthy" during that span, as if he cost us every game.

The irony of that cringe worthy comment is that Mike Smith’s sv% is actually at the same mark, difference is he’s sporting the same cringe worthy number for the entire season and not just a small stretch.

I do agree with you as well, the sample size was small and outside of a couple of bad games, he was terrific last season. I’d rather judge his performance based on when the team was actually playing hard rather than judge them when they gave up on the season. Usually the player whose performance suffers the most is the goaltender and that appeared to be the case with David Rittich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote