Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2019, 07:08 PM   #21
1991 Canadian
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anything in the 100s and 200s is good. The lower bowl is one of the smallest in the NHL so the 200s are very good seats as a result. In the 300 level, called the Press Level, the first 3 rows have the best views, after that you it starts to get a bit far away.

There is a 0% chance you will get into a fight regardless of what section. That said, its a Saturday 8 pm start against the Oilers. There will be some rowdy fans and some might get kicked out by security.

There isn't a section like this in the Dome https://youtu.be/8g93VZFy57Y?t=61 so don't worry too much. Y'all will have a blast. Saturday games vs. the Oilers are some of the best on the schedule.
1991 Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1991 Canadian For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2019, 06:25 PM   #22
robertsfan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
U.S. dollars go far in Canada. Buy decent seats.
Thanks everyone for the responses. Would Stubhub be the way to go in getting tickets?

Flights and hotel are reserved.
robertsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #23
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsfan View Post
Thanks everyone for the responses. Would Stubhub be the way to go in getting tickets?

Flights and hotel are reserved.
Check buy/sell tickets here on CP.

No fees and good people.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:37 PM   #24
Captaincanada80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Do yourself a favor and book it for the following week and do the playoffs. The experience will be 10 fold better
The Following User Says Thank You to Captaincanada80 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2019, 06:43 PM   #25
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBR View Post
If you're coming all the way from the Bay Area, avoid the PL seats if the budget permits. The fans are great up there, but it's a mile from the action and you won't get the full experience (limited view of the clock, shooting flames etc.)
I actually like the first few rows of PL. What you said is true but I like being to see the whole ice surface at once - it's a different perspective than you see on TV or lower down and you get a better idea of what players are doing away from the puck.

Plus I'm cheap.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edslunch For This Useful Post:
JBR
Old 02-05-2019, 07:05 PM   #26
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My advice would be;

I think tickets shouldn't be an issue to find. The economies not great here, and people will be pretty focused on getting back to meaningful games a week down the road.

Pick a hotel with Train access, it really is the best way to and from games, especially in the spring

I would say sections 210 - 214 are the best sections depending on what your budget is. (I prefer being behind the benches to see the name bars).

Unless both parties are looking to engage, most rivalries here take on good natured ribbing.

If your looking to enjoy a Stadium dinner, Show up close to doors opening for $5 burgers and $5 Beer happy hours, head up to the on mezzanine if you want to sit down at a table. (upper concourse behind either net).

Take a lap around the the main concourse before the arena fills up, especially under the mezzanines there are some display cases with Flames history.

Even if your seats not in the section you are allowed to sit section 108 behind the flames bench during warmup.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:17 PM   #27
FiveSeven
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The only danger is the stinky Edmonton fans and maybe getting Cheeto dust in your eye.
If you need a bodyguard so you can talk smack, I got you fam.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:54 PM   #28
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Everyone keeps commenting on how there will be no fights.

The OPs username is robertsfan. Isn't that alone obvious enough that he is actually making the trip to challenge and fight as many willing Oiler fans he can find in the stands?

Stop discouraging his crusade by saying no one fights!

Seriously though, I've been to hundreds of games and don't think I've ever seen a fight.
I've been there for not one, but two streakers.
Witnessed a guy in a full blown neck brace get hit in the head by an out of play puck which made him fall out of his seat into the stairway. I mean what are the odds?
Had Harvey somehow lose his his head while running on the concourse and was instantly and forever scarred as it rolled right up to my feet.
Saw a Canuck fan fall over the railing of the third level onto people below.
Walked into the mens washroom and looked over to see a guy in a suit peeing into the sink.
Had Ken King stop in front of me while walking up the stairs to clean up somebodies huge glob of fallen nacho cheese simply with Flames schedules from his pocket.

So I've seen some chit go down in the Dome man. Can't remember a fight.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2019, 10:28 PM   #29
Greybeard
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I've also been to hundreds of games and have only seen one fight... at a Canucks game of course about 10 years ago. They are the worst. Unless you are looking for it there will be no action... and it should be a meaningless game anyways.
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:17 PM   #30
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Weird, I can remember lots of fights in the seasons between the two lockouts. Not very many these days, I think there was two in one game three or four years ago.
Magnum PEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:50 PM   #31
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have 4 tickets to this game in the 200's for sale if anybody is interested. Just looking to get what I paid for them. Can't make the game now due to a hockey tournament that has come up.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:53 PM   #32
landshark
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

swing by sacramento and pick me up - I'd LOVE to see a BOA game, but we gotta get back to see the sharks in the POs!
landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:06 AM   #33
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure why, but this thread really made me miss the days when my brother and I would go smoke joints in the spiral staircase between periods.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:26 AM   #34
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think you'd ever see a fight in the actual stands - the further from them you'd get, the more likely. In the concourse - perhaps. Outside the doors, maybe. In the nearby bar - yeah.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:34 AM   #35
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PEI View Post
Weird, I can remember lots of fights in the seasons between the two lockouts. Not very many these days, I think there was two in one game three or four years ago.
Flames v Oilers on New Year's Eve for a few years was a colossal #### show.

Otherwise, frontrunning Vancouver fans were always far worse than BOA games were.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:09 PM   #36
Browndog71
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I was actually sucker punched at the dome after game six in series vs the Sharks back in the 90’s. Had security tackle me immediately (Mostly because they were scared I might have been seriously hurt and we’re worried I might lose an eye, I ended up getting treatment downstairs near the dressing rooms). But it wasn’t from an Oiler fan, just a Shark fan, so you should be good.
Browndog71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:23 PM   #37
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I'll echo others in saying avoid the Press Level (Third level). It's not worth it for a game you are travelling for. Anywhere in the first two levels, you'll have a great view. And don't worry about fan violence. If you don't antagonize others, you'll be just fine.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:04 PM   #38
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's a very good chance that game will mean absolutely nothing and the Flames may be resting Gaudreau, Giordano and a couple others.

Wait 5-6 days and go to a playoff game. Flames will likely have home ice as PAC1 or 2 seed and will probably open Game 1 at home on Wednesday April 10 or Thursday April 11. Far better experience than a mean nothing Battle of Alberta where the Flames will be playing to make sure no one gets hurt.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:16 PM   #39
ST20
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsfan View Post
I live in the SF Bay Area. For my birthday my gf wants to treat me with a trip to Calgary and catch the game against the Oilers on 4/6.

Of course I want to go; but would like be away from obnoxious fans / trouble, which, because the game is against Edmonton I think the probability may be higher.

1) Assuming I can find game tickets; what are the sections to avoid?

2) How often do fights really break out in the stands at these games?
Lots of the green seats are resold at a good price point so you'll often see loud drunk fans of both teams in those sections. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but from my experiences more noise comes out of these seats.

Last edited by ST20; 02-06-2019 at 03:21 PM.
ST20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:20 PM   #40
schteve_d
First Line Centre

Exp:

I live closer to Edmonton than I do to Calgary so I have been to many Flames games in my jersey. Never really had any trouble; mostly just good-natured ribbing regardless of the outcome.

Now in Vancouver, that's a different story....

Have fun!

Edit: Doh! Was thinking the game was in Edmonton!
schteve_d is offline   Reply With Quote