Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2019, 08:12 AM   #1
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Calgary Flames Vs Carolina Hurricanes. Homecoming part 2. 12pm. SN 360/ Fan 960

My birthday was yesterday and we lost to Washington the day before my birthday. So let's try this again. The prediction is a 7-2 Flames win. This will be the first time Bill Peters, Elias Lindholm, Noah Hanifin, and Derek Ryan return to Carolina as the opposition. We don't want to give the 'Canes the satisfaction of one of their "crazy" win celebrations this season.

Got the purple Gatorade ready, but what the turtle REALLY wants is a HUGE 2 POINTS. It's been 2 weeks, and he is famished. GO FLAMES GO.

Last edited by SmoggyFlamesFan; 02-03-2019 at 08:21 AM.
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SmoggyFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2019, 08:14 AM   #2
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just get the 2 points. I don't care how.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:19 AM   #3
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

12pm not 11am.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:22 AM   #4
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
12pm not 11am.
Sorry about that. Fixed. For some reason I could have sworn it was 11am haha.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:24 AM   #5
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Last edited by transplant99; 02-03-2019 at 08:27 AM.
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:32 AM   #6
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Do a little duck duck goose at center ice after the win boys and salute the fans.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:39 AM   #7
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

From Calgaryflames.com:

FLAMES (33-14-5: 71 pts) at HURRICANES (25-20-6: 56 pts)

12:00 p.m. | TV: Sportsnet 360 | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Season Series:#1-0-0

All-time:#45-21-7-1

Flames Road Record:#16-10-0

Hurricanes Home Record:#14-8-4

Leading Scorers:

Flames:

Points -Johnny Gaudreau(74)
Goals - Gaudreau (29)

Hurricanes:

Points - Sebastian Aho (58)
Goals - Aho (23)

US

The Flames kicked off their short two-game road swing in Washington on Friday, falling 4-3 to the Capitals. Calgary received goals fromMikael Backlund, Garnet Hathaway andElias Lindholm but Evgeny Kuznetsov's late powerplay tally, with under a minute left in regulation, iced the win for the defending Stanley Cup champions ... Mike Smith got the start in Washington, making 36 saves on 40 shots. The veteran netminder now has a 14-10-1 record this season ... Backlund's goal against the Capitals is a goal of the year candidate: beating three Washington skaters in the neutral zone, deked around a defenceman and ended up softly one-handed the puck around a sprawling Braden Holtby. It's a move that reminds many of his countryman Peter Forsberg's signature move and one that he's used throughout the year. "It was sick," Matthew Tkachuk#marveled after practice on Saturday. "I just got on the ice and he burned the D wide, the D didn't know whether to step up or back off, and he was kind of caught in the middle. Backs beat him wide. We've seen him try that move a couple of times and it's almost gone in ... like, he could have had three of those this year. That one, just the timing of it was pretty sick." ... The Flames will return home on Sunday night and face off against the San Jose Sharks at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Thursday. Following the single-game homestand, they head back out on the road for a lengthy four-game road trip through Vancouver, Tampa Bay, Sunrise, and Pittsburgh.

THEM

Carolina is one of the Eastern Conference's hottest teams, winning 10 of their last 14 games, and are coming off of a big 5-2 win over the Vegas Golden Knights on Friday. They received goals from five different players in the victory: Nino Niederreiter, Brett Pesce, Jordan Martinook, Sebastian Aho, and Justin Faulk. Goaltender Petr Mrazek made 23 saves on the 25 shots he faced on Friday ... since being acquired by the Hurricanes in a one-for-one trade for Victor Rask, Niederreiter has been a force of nature for Carolina. The Swiss forward is a goal-per-game scorer for his new club, notching five in Hurricanes silks: "You knew he was a good player," head coach Rod Brind'Amour told CarolinaHurricanes.com. "He's fit in extremely well, and contributing the way he is, that makes it a lot better." ... Former Flames Micheal Ferland and Dougie Hamilton have fit in nicely in Raleigh, with Ferland scoring 13 goals and 25 points in 42 skates and Hamilton putting up 8 goals and 19 points in 51 games. Carolina acquired the pair in the trade that sent Elias Lindholm, who has 22 goals and 59 points, and Noah Hanifin, who has 4 goals and 25 points, to Calgary last summer ... Sunday's game wraps up a two-game homestand for the Hurricanes. They'll depart on a five-game road swing on Monday.

US VS. THEM

Sunday's game is the final regular season meeting between the two clubs. The Flames edged the Hurricanes last month at the Scotiabank Saddledome, picking up a 3-2 overtime win on Jan. 22. Rookie Calgary defenceman Oliver Kylingtonopened the scoring, notching his third goal of the year, and Mark Jankowski scored the Flames' second regulation tally. Carolina received markers from Dougie Hamilton and Sebastian Aho, coming in the first and third periods respectively. Mikael Backlund ended the game just 15 seconds into extra time, taking a pass from TJ Brodie in the neutral zone and zipping through the offensive zone, tucking the puck under goaltender Petr Mrazek's pad.

THIS, THAT & THE OTHER

THIS: Elias Lindholm extended his point streak to nine games with a goal in Washington on Friday. Only two players have had a longer point streak in their first year with the Flames: Doug Gilmour (11 games in 1988-89) and Marc Savard (10 games in 1999-2000) ... THAT: Sean Monahan set his career-high for points in a single game against Carolina in February of 2016, notching a goal and three assists in a 4-1 win over the Hurricanes. He also played his 300th NHL game against Carolina on Feb. 26, 2017.THE OTHER: TJ Brodie is one assist away from hitting the 200-mark in his career.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Flames - Elias Lindholm

The former Hurricane, who was drafted fifth overall by Carolina back in 2013, has already blown past career highs in all offensive categories this year: he has 22 goals, 37 assists and 59 points in 52 games. He's coming off of a one-goal performance against the Capitals on Friday and is riding a nine-game point streak, dating back to Jan. 7.

Hurricanes - Nino Niederreiter

The forward has been on fire for his new club, scoring five goals in his first five games as a member of the Hurricanes. He's put up three goals in his last three games and has fired 13 shots on net during that stretch. In 51 games this year, he has scored 14 goals and 28 points.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:40 AM   #8
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
12pm not 11am.
11am on the coast
the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2019, 08:42 AM   #9
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

Must win game. Spare us from another display of “Duck Duck Goose.”

YYC in LAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #10
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go Flames go!
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:44 AM   #11
EastCoastFlamesFan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'll be there cheering on the boys with my Doug Gilmour vintage style Flames shirt on! I moved to Durham NC about 6 months ago and am pretty sure I am the only Flames fan in the state of North Carolina. Should be fun. Some nice heat going into this game too as Carolina is probably playing their best hockey of the year right now.
EastCoastFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to EastCoastFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2019, 08:50 AM   #12
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

agreed.

Carolina seems to have turned things around, though their goaltending can be a bit spotty still... the pick up of Nino was a very astute one - i was hoping calgary might try for him

will need our best effort right from the start
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:51 AM   #13
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

My wife is planning on watching the game to see the commercials
Old 02-03-2019, 09:15 AM   #14
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haven't lost a single birthday game in my time as a Calgarypuck poster. It is the most powerful luck-based event on these boards so far.

Feb 3, 2018 - Flames 4 Chicago 3 (OT)
Feb 3, 2017 - Flames 4 New Jersey 3 (OT)
Feb 3, 2016 - Flames 4 Carolina 1
Feb 2, 2015 - Flames 5 Jets 2
Feb 1, 2014 - Flames 4 Minnesota 3 (OT)
Old 02-03-2019, 09:18 AM   #15
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
My wife is planning on watching the game to see the commercials
She'll quickly learn that Cassie Campbell plays to win.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chummer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2019, 09:19 AM   #16
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just win.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:32 AM   #17
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon45

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
She'll quickly learn that Cassie Campbell plays to win.
I don't like the way those commercials make it seem like Cassie and Gord Miller are actually married. It's a strange dynamic.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #18
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't remember which Canes fan posted this in the last ATL but I am definitely looking forward to another installment of the Calgary HurriFlames vs the Carolina HurriFlames
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:53 AM   #19
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
I don't like the way those commercials make it seem like Cassie and Gord Miller are actually married. It's a strange dynamic.
Right? It gives me a weird Hal Johnson Joanne McLeod body break vibe for some reason. Maybe it's the terrible monotone acting.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Yen Man For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2019, 09:53 AM   #20
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
It seems strange because it’s disjointed. I think those two weren’t actually in the same studio shooting the commercial at the same time, and as such, each are saying their parts, (awkwardly, when it comes to interaction between the two or Cassie and her “daughter”) to no one, and then the magic of post production ties the two together.

Anyways, Flames need the same effort as Friday but two points any way, any how. OT is fine too.. SJ game is already going to be big, don’t need the pressure of slipping into a 3 game streak in their heads as well over next 4 days.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post: