Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-06-2017, 12:41 PM   #21
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

totally worth it... I cost Amazon a ton in shipping costs.

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to -TC- For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2017, 01:58 PM   #22
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Worth it.

Having small children, its great for pull-ups, wipees, detergent, etc.
Just this Christmas, I cost Amazon more than the annual fee in shipping costs.
Plus the Grand-Tour on streaming and the Amazon Music are good add-ons.
Can't wait until they add unlimited e-books.
jeffporfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:50 PM   #23
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

We used Prime for subscriptions for a few months. Cereal, toilet paper, feminine hygiene products, etc. The stuff we're using constantly. We found it was good price-wise but didn't really save us any time since we had to go to the store anyway. I also felt a lot of guilt with the ridiculous amount of packaging we were receiving. So many boxes.

We still have Prime and use it often. The shipping is great. Send gifts is very easy if the person lives in Canada. Video and music are ok. I've used video a lot but the selection does not improve/rotate as much as Netflix.

We also use the unlimited photo storage. It's great as another backup for all our photos and since it's included, why not use it.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:03 PM   #24
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
We used Prime for subscriptions for a few months. Cereal, toilet paper, feminine hygiene products, etc. The stuff we're using constantly. We found it was good price-wise but didn't really save us any time since we had to go to the store anyway. I also felt a lot of guilt with the ridiculous amount of packaging we were receiving. So many boxes.

We still have Prime and use it often. The shipping is great. Send gifts is very easy if the person lives in Canada. Video and music are ok. I've used video a lot but the selection does not improve/rotate as much as Netflix.

We also use the unlimited photo storage. It's great as another backup for all our photos and since it's included, why not use it.
Ditto, this is another thing that keeps me from really doing price comparisons on house hold items. Like yeah I might be able to save some money on dish soap & pepper towels, but I'm going to the store for produce anyways, and all those darn boxes.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #25
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Does Amazon not drop off packages on the front steps anymore? Ordered a package from Amazon using Prime as I've done in the past but got a notice saying the parcel is ready for pickup at the closest Canada Post. In the past its always been dropped off on the front steps.

The appeal for Amazon Prime is two day shipping with parcels sent to my home. Take that away and it's not even worth it
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:37 PM   #26
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Does Amazon not drop off packages on the front steps anymore? Ordered a package from Amazon using Prime as I've done in the past but got a notice saying the parcel is ready for pickup at the closest Canada Post. In the past its always been dropped off on the front steps.

The appeal for Amazon Prime is two day shipping with parcels sent to my home. Take that away and it's not even worth it
I've been getting my packages on my door step, but Amazon uses multiple shippers. Sounds like Canada Post decided not to drop it on your steps. Not sure what the terms of their contract are but I've had experiences with some of the contract agents taking the lazy approach - e.g. finding a delivery attempt notification in my community mailbox when I was home all day and know they didn't try to deliver it.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:58 PM   #27
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Will cancel mine as soon as my package arrives.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:24 PM   #28
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Amazon uses a number of shippers. UPS and intelicom will leave it as long as a signature isn't required.

A few things come Canada post and I've had them left on my porch, a notice in my mail box to pick up, and key for the package box in my superbox. No real rhyme or reason.

We ordered something from Toys R Us last week that came Purolator and even though we have a NSR sticker on our door, the guy stuck the notice to pick up at the depot on Mcleod Trail before even ringing the doorbell. Hello? it's a video doorbell jackass. I would have to have driven past a Toys R Us to get to the Purolator depot.
Barnes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:37 PM   #29
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Normally yes.

FedEx and UPS are sketchy. So I joined MyUPS and online I have to tell them to leave at door. FedEx is useless. Always try once and then take it to the airport.

This time they called and threatened to send back to Amazon if I didn't drive up. I said forget it and they then said, ok fine we'll door drop. It showed up the next day.

99% however of the time I get mine door dropped no issues.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote